• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
Years
  • My first Shiny was on pokemon ruby.It was a Numel I didn't know it was rare form of pokemon.I tought it was a bug like the Missingno. and i reset my Advance.So stupid...

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    What happens when you get a shiny pokemon? what deos the ruby look like, sound cool !!

dragonoid

Banned
    Years
  • OH YEAH I HAVE GOT SOMETHING BETTER THEN ALL YOUR SHINY POKEMON A GOLDEN CATERPIE IT ALL HAPPNED LIKE THIS ONE DAY I WAS PLAYING POKEMON CRYSTAL OR GOLD I DONT REMEMBER WHICH I WAS PLAYING ANYWAY I WAS WALKING IN THE GRASS NEAR THE NUGGET BRIDGE SUDDENLY A GOLDEN CATERPIE APPEARED MY HEART WAS THUMPING IT WAS THE FIRST SHINY POKEMON I CAUGHT I TRAINED IT AND GUESS WHAT IT EVOLVED INTO A PINK BUTTERFREE COOL HUH?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    OH YEAH I HAVE GOT SOMETHING BETTER THEN ALL YOUR SHINY POKEMON A GOLDEN CATERPIE IT ALL HAPPNED LIKE THIS ONE DAY I WAS PLAYING POKEMON CRYSTAL OR GOLD I DONT REMEMBER WHICH I WAS PLAYING ANYWAY I WAS WALKING IN THE GRASS NEAR THE NUGGET BRIDGE SUDDENLY A GOLDEN CATERPIE APPEARED MY HEART WAS THUMPING IT WAS THE FIRST SHINY POKEMON I CAUGHT I TRAINED IT AND GUESS WHAT IT EVOLVED INTO A PINK BUTTERFREE COOL HUH?

yes, very very coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The Red Chain

Look to the left, Theres usually pink stuff i believe? It's not that good but you can still see it kinda.

Shiny patches are extremely hard to miss.
    They always have around four sparkles that are either hot pink or white in color.
    Not to mention they also sparkle slowly, and are usually the last grass patch to stop moving.

Last edited:

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • I've been finding chaining really difficult, yet I think the Masuda Method will be much easier for me. Now all I need is a Japanese Pokemon. :P

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • OMG

I just restarted my Diamond and was SR fr a female piplup , on my 5h resett I got a shiny piplup, it was a male but it was freaking shiny so I decided to use it through the game, its my 2nd shiny on the 4th gen the first being a bidoof I found by accident, Im so happy right now just wanted to share this with everyone here :)

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • Am I unlucky if I have never seen a shiny in the wild (not counting PokeRadar) and I have been playing since R/B first came out? I am counting R/B since I traded every single Pokemon from R/B to my gold version and still none of them were shiny. I get sad when I hear about so many people finding all these shiny Pokemon hahaha~

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • I just restarted my Diamond and was SR fr a female piplup , on my 5h resett I got a shiny piplup, it was a male but it was freaking shiny so I decided to use it through the game, its my 2nd shiny on the 4th gen the first being a bidoof I found by accident, Im so happy right now just wanted to share this with everyone here :)
    Congrats :3 That's really lucky, you know!
    Am I unlucky if I have never seen a shiny in the wild (not counting PokeRadar) and I have been playing since R/B first came out? I am counting R/B since I traded every single Pokemon from R/B to my gold version and still none of them were shiny. I get sad when I hear about so many people finding all these shiny Pokemon hahaha~
    Oh, me either, don't even worry about it. So many people don't see shinies like ever, all mine are from other people trading to me.

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    i would greatly appreciate it if someone could clone me a shiny or two as i dont have any pm if u can help me

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Sometime last month I caught a random shiny.
    Shiny Pokemon: Machoke
    Game: Platinum.
    I'm proud that I own it and I hope to find another shiny Pokemon soon.
    But i doubt I will.
    I now have 2 shiny Pokemon.
    Ponyta: Diamond Machoke: Platinum
    I was on vacation when I caught the machoke so I couldn't post it.
    So I'm posting it now.

Back