• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dev Team: The PokéCommunity UI Update

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    You'll be able to use PC Retro, which will load all of the old vBulletin templates instead of the new design. It'll miss out on a lot of cool new features, though.

Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying. Does this mean that if we had made a theme for PC Retro and wanted it on the new PC, we would have to remake it for the new layout?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    PC Retro will be made available for transitioning. In the long-term it's on the way out.

Oh, OK. Can I ask why, out of interest? Also, will there be enough time for theme makers to make the transition if they wanted to? PC has almost 70 themes to choose from after all (not including variations), and it'd be a shame to lose all of that. :P

Rails

Story-Teller
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2015
    I would find the site easier to navigate if you guys used IPB3 or 4 software.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Nice to see a mobile-friendly version of the site's coming our way. :3

I think I'm already on this hype train!

But damn a more mobile friendly site will make me so happy!

Your avatar...
    Spoiler:

says otherwise. :/

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    How exciting! It's great to see PC move ahead. You two are doing some awesome work (as always)!

I really hope that this will make browsing PC on my tablet much easier. Seems like I will, since y'all specifically mention that I'll be able to read things without adjusting font size and squinting.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • IaNba5l.gif

PokéCommunity crashes when I load it on the iPad/phone so I'm looking forward to this update! Loving how clean and modern it looks so far.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh finally a more mobile friendly layout that's also aesthetically pleasing, I've been waiting so long! Hopefully I can browse PC on my iPod without it crashing all the time and it taking 5 minutes to load anything. Looking forward to this update it looks amazing!

Back