• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along II: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • Oh, this might be the perfect opportunity to finally get my butt off and play Transistor. Very busy this month though, so we'll see Also the new Animal Crossing update just dropped and probably will be distracted by that instead.

Years
  • Ehm... I just beat Silent Hill 3 that I started this Monday, which has a female protagonist. That would be perfect.

I'm not sure what game I'll play. I might give Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night a try. Or Metroid Dread. Or finally play Dark Souls 3 as a female? I'm not sure yet to be honest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It is so very tempting to say the new FFXIV expansion since my character is female but... I know in my heart that doesn't count lmaoo.

I might read through one of my yuri or otome VNs then. :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Coincides with planning to replay Rune Factory 4 with the female character. May or may not finish before the month's end. Ratcheted up the difficulty to the maximum.

Years
  • Finished Life is Strange! It wasn't perfect by any means, but I like it. It was a good story. Thoughts are in my game journal as usual.

Cherrim

Years
  • Aw I forgot to update here but I picked Little Nightmares for my game since I was told it had a female protagonist. You can't... really tell, so now that I've finished it I feel bad saying (or, uh, not saying) that it would be my game for the month, but oh well. I also played Unpacking a few times over which also has a female main character, if you will, so I say I passed the challenge regardless. :P

Years
  • Aw I forgot to update here but I picked Little Nightmares for my game since I was told it had a female protagonist. You can't... really tell, so now that I've finished it I feel bad saying (or, uh, not saying) that it would be my game for the month, but oh well. I also played Unpacking a few times over which also has a female main character, if you will, so I say I passed the challenge regardless. :P

Six is a girl. Don't worry :')

Years
  • Forgot to mention it here (again), but I picked Gray Matter and already finished it. But then I realized there were 2 short instances, where you play as male character. Would that count towards finishing this month's theme? Or should I quickly finish another game where you play only as female character?

Years
  • Forgot to mention it here (again), but I picked Gray Matter and already finished it. But then I realized there were 2 short instances, where you play as male character. Would that count towards finishing this month's theme? Or should I quickly finish another game where you play only as female character?

It's probably fine imo since it's primarily focused on the female MC.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Polished off Rune Factory 4's main story on the final day of the month. Shaved off a couple in-game days versus last time, despite the higher difficulty. Knocked the difficulty down once. Feared missing out on a Spring-only seed otherwise. (Beat the postgame before Year 2 last time.)

Used Frey (female character) this time. Prefers Lest's (male character) voice slightly. Questions Frey's armor design too. Why does it have a nipple chain? Is it for a cloak or something?

Enjoyed the second time through. Notes one major mark against it: either horrible luck or bad information. Aimed to marry Dylas as fast as possible. Requires one Town Event (and some other conditions) before their marriage event. Lists no prerequisites for that Town Event on any wiki. Reset literally hundreds of times for it. Finally got it after completing every other condition. Triggered the marriage event the day after beating the main story.

Could return for a third run sometime. Relied hard on monsters once again. Would be interesting to limit combat companions to only villagers.

Years
  • December - Replays

It's the most wonderful... stressful... exhausting time of the year and what a year it's been. We think it's high time everyone set aside some time to chill before the holiday chaos really kicks in after everything that's happened the past 11 months. So this month's challenge is less of a challenge (unless you want it to be) and more an excuse to go back to playing through your comfort game of choice. That's right, this month's theme is replays. The only rule is that you have to pick a game you have already played before for December - whether you actually completed it the first time or not.

Cherrim

Years
  • I will decide for sure at a later date when I know how much the new XIV expansion has overtaken my life but I think I might replay Rakuen later this month. :)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Picked and finished Commander Keen: Episode One: Marooned on Mars. Wrote up a quick journal entry. Played two games of Ages of Empires 2 (HD Edition) with a sibling, as extra credit. Lost the first game. Won the second.

Years
  • Finished Gothic 3 a while ago. It's not as good as Gothic 1, but it still has a special place in my heart.

With that, I finished this year's iteration of this event. Looking forward the next year.

Cherrim

Years
  • Finished Rakuen just now, which means I've also completed each theme two years in a row! :D

Excited for next year, if y'all are willing to keep running this. It's one of the highlights of each month, making me finish at least one game every month, and picking something to match the theme is always so much fun. Thank you Dawn for starting it and a huge thank you to IV and gimmepie for stepping in to take over the prompts for the rest of the year.

Years
  • Finished Rakuen just now, which means I've also completed each theme two years in a row! :D

Excited for next year, if y'all are willing to keep running this. It's one of the highlights of each month, making me finish at least one game every month, and picking something to match the theme is always so much fun. Thank you Dawn for starting it and a huge thank you to IV and gimmepie for stepping in to take over the prompts for the rest of the year.

Don't worry, it'll be back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back