• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Pokemon Master Gold

EV Begginer Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    That seems cool! Can't wait for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would have like a Tyranitar follow me around or a Gyarados.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Does anybody know if other pokemon trainers in the game will have their pokemon with them?

Actually in a recent scan it was shown that the new female protagonist had a marill following her while she played the supporting role in the game. So, it is seen with another trainer having their Pokémon follow them, however it is not known as yet if the feature is extended as far out to others as yet. I woukd hope that at least Silver would have his Pokémon follow him too, as it may be a pretty cool effect for our rival in the game. Though, I wouldn't think it'll be shared to many others in the game, but basically yourself, the supporting role, and possibly the rival. We'll see how it works out within the rest of the games and other trainers as we are filled in with more details on the feature and more scans showing more of the game itself. As of now though, we've only seen Gold and the supporting female be shown with a Pokémon tagging along behhind them.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Actually in a recent scan it was shown that the new female protagonist had a marill following her while she played the supporting role in the game. So, it is seen with another trainer having their Pokémon follow them, however it is not known as yet if the feature is extended as far out to others as yet. I woukd hope that at least Silver would have his Pokémon follow him too, as it may be a pretty cool effect for our rival in the game. Though, I wouldn't think it'll be shared to many others in the game, but basically yourself, the supporting role, and possibly the rival. We'll see how it works out within the rest of the games and other trainers as we are filled in with more details on the feature and more scans showing more of the game itself. As of now though, we've only seen Gold and the supporting female be shown with a Pokémon tagging along behhind them.

Yeah that's why I was asking. I saw that picture on serebii with the two facing each other.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    omg i am loving this i just cant wait to see my snorlax hobbling behind me... or even a sproink hoppin around!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    i just am wondering how ridiculous muk would look like following you, also probopass luvdisk will look ridiculous

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Hm....definatly not a water type cuz.....I look like a stupid person not putting it in water....and then it'll die of not havin water and ill be sad....SO ill take Glaceon :)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I would have Arcanine, Pidgeot, Lapras, Meganium, Pikachu or Espeon follow me (depending on who I was training at the time).

Don't look at me like that! I couldn't choose, I love all of my Pokemon equally.

shriner

diamond hacking
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hey, sorry if this has been mentioned (Didnt read all 9 pages) But as Magicarp cant surf yeah, What would happen is we'd hack it and make it surf? Would be a bit messed up imo. I dunno, maybe we'd have a change on the overworld sprite..

Years
  • i change my mind a lot :x i'll most definitely have spheal following me.. then maybe change it to loudred and swap between the 2 :3

Years
  • I don't understand how they will put pokemon behind you that can't even be on land like, wailord, or magikarp.
    Maybe you can only put them behind you when your swimming.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • lol i just cant wait to see how this will all workout once you get a bike. they'll probably just put the poke back in its ball then back out once you get off the bike. lol a tyranitar chasing you on your bike

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey, sorry if this has been mentioned (Didnt read all 9 pages) But as Magicarp cant surf yeah, What would happen is we'd hack it and make it surf? Would be a bit messed up imo. I dunno, maybe we'd have a change on the overworld sprite..

Yeah, this was mentioned a few times and currently it is unknown whether or not your surfing Pokémon's OW sprite will be shown or if it'll be a set figure for the player to surf on. For me, I think they can make it work out quite well to have our Pokémon OW sprite be shown if they are the ones being used to surf. Like I've mentioned before, it'll be something new and a definite improvement along with continuing the new feature and making things seem a little bit more on reality's side. However, if someone were to hack [first off, why even hack for a Pokémon to learn surf when they originally can't] and use it, I would say it might work through a glitch, or alter the figure to appear as something else. Although it is hard to say, we might just have to wait for future scans on the surfing idea.

I don't understand how they will put pokemon behind you that can't even be on land like, wailord, or magikarp.
    Maybe you can only put them behind you when your swimming.

Pokémon has a way of making things work in the game as it is simply altering digital information to be displayed as something else. So, for something like Wailord to be following us, simply make it appear as floating. It is said to be a Blimp like Pokémon, and like all blimps they float on air, and seeing Wailord do the same while outside of its Pokéball wouldn't be so hard to believe. A Pokémon like Magikarp or Goldeen would probably appear to be flopping behind as most fish would do out of water. Though, when people say that a fish out of water will die in the game, it makes me realize that people are thinking too much of the reality of things when this is just a game. What is portrayed here isn't real, so it is fair as a game to make the unreal be real even if in a new remake. So, it'll be worked out in some way or the other, but from what I can tell right now it seems to be fitting perfectly well.

Back