• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
  • Going over to the PC, I swapped my Pok?mon for the Fire Team I had registered. Terra, Camerupt, Flareon, and Typholsion were all ready to go.
    Then I turned and saw my opponent. She was sitting against the wall with her Arcanine. She seemed to be enjoying its company, but I could tell she was sure of an easy victory. Which I would not grant.
    "Hi, I'm Mary T and I'm going to be your opponent in the first round," I said, trying to be friendly but not overly so for the situation. "That's a very well raised Arcanine you have."
    Reaching behind me, I recalled three of my four fire Pok?mon to their balls, leaving Terra out. She stepped up beside me, which I regretted, as some punk running by yelled, "Shorty!"
    I wanted to slam him but held my cool. My long brown hair fell slightly, hiding some of my face. I leaned against the wall nonchalantly, waiting for the first battle to start so I could either watch or go outside for a special training excercise.

Years
  • As she thought, a girl with long brown hair stepped forward, the girl whose picture showed up next to hers on the screen, her opponent. Rachel looked up from her position on the floor, lifting her sun glasses above her eyes so that they perched on top of her purple head. She smiled slightly at the girl and raised herself from her sitting position, running her slender fingers through the Arcanine?s mane one last time.

Kovu snorted as the slender fingers ran over his wet nose and Rachel smirked down at him, he had always been sensitive at the nose, no matter who touched it. He whined at the loss of comfort and rubbed his great head against her baggy coated leg. She had to smile, for something with such great power and strength, Kovu was just a wolf in sheep?s clothing when around her, like a newborn puppy he was always seeing attention from his owner.

Casting her eyes from her long time companion she looked upon the girl she would be challenging in a matter of days. She tilted her head off to the side when the other trainer complimented her Arcanine?s upbringing and her smile grew wider. Any compliment of her Pokemon was always welcomed and always made her feel proud of herself. The Arcanine at her side heaved its chest into a smug pose, knowing that the compliment was aimed at himself.

Rachel extended a hand to shake that of her opponents ?I?m Rachel O?malley, I have worked most of my life to get this far and now I?m finally here? She sighed ?I look forward to battling you, you look a worthy opponent and I?m sure we will have a wonderful battle? She grinned and left the others hand go ?Let?s do our best, whoever wins then can feel proud and whoever looses equally as proud for they know they have tried their best?

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • I went over to the PC and swaped my three pokemon for my other two fire pokemon. I took thier balls and released them. A RApidash and an Arcanine.
    "Now then, Flare and Darkness are still here and we'll probably have to train." I started walking towards the door and passed my opponent.
    He has a Charizard, too, I thought. I shrugged it off and continued outside.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker looked up at the screen, he stared at it for a minuite thinking hard, then he turned about, his long cape swinging with him like the wind, he scanned the area for the person he would be facing, he saw her, she was young, but looked back at him with a look of confusion but deteremination nonetheless

baker thought to himself
    I hope this young glady can give me a good match, she certaintly looks like she will

rather then introduce himself in full, he merely nodded at here to wish her good luck and turned about on his to head to his room, as he walked, her heard the speaker go off

''The 1st match on the fire field will begin at 8:00 tomorrow morning, we wish the contestonts luck and recommend all participants in group F closely monitor the match, aswell as get a good nights rest''

baker continued walking, his cloak trailing behind him
    so it begins

Years
  • ooc: Hey pokedude55 could you try using... sentences? o.O

I pulled a rubber ball out of my pocket and released all of my pokemon.
    " Go FETCH, " I roared and threw the ball down the hall and into the foodcourt. Streetel was in the lead. But Biole and skippey, the two larger Pokemon were jumping over tables. But Wilt, she wasn't even trying. Because she would fly in and pick the ball up at the last moment. Sure enough a few seconds later she had the ball and was back at my side. I had to wait for the rest of them to come back. I huddled with them when all of my Pokemon were present.
    " Okay guys we have time for one last play. But we have to beat the other team. They're pretty scary, they're the runners of the league. See there they are. " I said in a football quarterback sorta voice.
    " Go .... FETCH, " I roared again and threw the ball. Turning to a kid beside me I said, " I love causing a co--! " I was cut off by the ball smacking me squarely in the jaw. Turns out I had thrown it right against a wall.
    " Guys, lets scram! " I yelled returning all of the Pokemon. I hotfooted it all the way back to my room. Once there I placed the pokeblls with the utmost care on the bed and tore my shirt off.
    A few minutes later I was back in the pool room, swimming again.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Okita held up four Pokeballs and smiled. "You've all done really well today. Now take a rest. We need to be ready for our battle tomorrow." All four of her Pokemon nodded and returned to their Pokeballs. "I know we'll do great tomorrow." She muttered looking at the Pokeballs.

Oki left the clearing and headed for the Pokemon Center. "Nurse Joy would you take care of my Pokemon? I'll pick them up first thing tomorrow."

"Sure." Said Nurse Joy smiling. She took the four Pokeballs and Okita left. She went back to her room and sat on the bed staring at her hands. Her mind raced through all possiblities she coudl think of for the match tomorrow. But she couldn't predict anything about her oponent so she'd just have to wait and see.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
    Years
  • "May the strongest will win."
    I turned and left, exited the building, and walked outside into the fresh air. The humidity was perfect for the exercise I had planned, and so I let out all my Fire Pok?mon.

We sat in a row, two on either side of me. "Relax. Breath in and breathe out." We focused on our breath. "Concentrate on your fire sac," I said, referring to the organ where a Fire Pok?mon stored its flame. "Is all well in your fire sac? Relax your throat and concentrate on the burning power within you. Focus on the chemistry within you."

From there, we sat for hours; I concentrated on my breath, and them on their fire. Eyes were closed and breathing rhythmic.
    Finally, I opened my eyes. "Return to your senses. Feel the peace within you, and carry this tranquility into battle." I got up, and they followed. "Let's go."
    On the way back to the building, a Trainer stopped me. "Can you teach me to do that with my water Pok?mon?"
    "It's simple. Just have them focus instead on the water origin, or substitute the origin of power of any type for the fire sac when doing that." Then I went inside.
    Was the battle about to begin?

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • OOC: I'm sorry, I made a mistake posting my last message. The next day hasn't started yet! :P ::smacks head with palm of hand:: BB, I'm not sure you would have seen me yet...aren't you still on the night part? Should I erase my last post?

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Vanessa . . . then she is my opponent. Rian stared silently upward at a large video screen bearing the matches to occur on the following day. On the fire field as well.

The trainer briefly glanced at a large clock raised on a metal pole at the nearest building corner. It's almost been an hour. I should return to the Pokemon Center.

Rian strode quietly into the Pokemon Center and approached the counter. Within a few minutes, Nurse Joy approached him.

"How may I help you?"

"I left some Pokemon here earlier--about an hour ago. I've come to pick them up."

"Alright. I'll be right back."

Shortly after, Nurse Joy emerged from the back room, four Pokeballs held in her hands. "Here you go. Your Pokemon were exhausted, but they should be just fine." Rian paused to study his Pokeballs. Only four . . . then that means . . . He turned his gaze toward the nurse. "And Absol?"

"Absol's going to need more time to rest--you can't rush injuries like those."

"I see . . . " The trainer placed two Pokeballs on the counter--one broken and seemingly crushed, the other whole and functioning. "The broken one is Absol's. And, if you could . . . "

"It'll be my pleasure," Nurse Joy smiled. "I'll have our mechanic fix the Pokeball, and your other Pokemon will be taken care of."

Rian nodded. "Thank you."

"Now, why don't you go to one of our rooms upstairs? It looks like you could use some rest."

The male shook his head slightly. "I would rather not."

At this, Nurse Joy's voice became slightly more firm. "I must insist. The League policy requires all trainers to have their dwellings within an area that can be monitored." Then, her voice softened. "It's for their own safety. And, even if you found another place on the League grounds . . . this place would be more convenient."

Rian was silent for a long moment, his cold eyes staring into nothingness. Finally, he quietly responeded, "Very well. As you wish."

"Here's your card key to your room. You're on the fourth floor. And, judging by your condition, you should take the elevator."

The male said nothing as he accepted the card key. Then, turning, he started down the hall, swung open a steel door, and started up the stairs.

Last edited:

Yami's Girl

Years
  • I rushed back inside, my Rapidash following me. I giggled.
    "Stop trying to... Ahhhh!" Rapidash pushed me over and started to nuzzle my face. "You're tired? Ok, let's get everyone eles." I ran back outside. Darkness and Arcanine were growling at each other. Flare was off to the side.
    "Hey, you two! Stop!" I returned everyone and paused.
    I'd be battling a kid with a Charizard and some other strong fire pokemon.
    "We'll do fine..." I walked inside and down the hallway. I continued to the stairs and into my room. I laid my pokeballs on a pillow, next to me. I changed my clothes and laid in my bed.
    "We'll do fine..."

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • ic:Charazard one more hour flamethrower now blazekin dodge as quickly as possible i yell. As i watch blazekin get hit by flamethrower and plumite to the ground my team needs alot of work i think to myself. Come on get back up blazekin.blazekn gets up and i return them.I will work on a starategy i mutter to myself and walk into the pokemon center. Then get on a computer.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • ::Ah! Time to battle!::

I woke up with a yawn the next morning. I looked to my other pillow and my pokeballs were still there. She picked them up and juggled them for a minute. She giggled a little then attached them to her belt. Today she'd be battling a kid with a Charizard, and a Blaziken! But she didn't worry. She knew if she tried her best, she'd win.

Emily picked up her key and walked out the door. She took the elevator down to the first floor. She sighed.
    "Well, this is the day," she muttered. She let out Darkness, who was energetic as always. He ran around in circles and jumped on evryone.
    "Listen," I said. "We've gotta be serious. Our opponent looks strong."
    Darkness barked in reply. "Good," I said.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Al Duit said:
    OOC: I'm sorry, I made a mistake posting my last message. The next day hasn't started yet! :P ::smacks head with palm of hand:: BB, I'm not sure you would have seen me yet...aren't you still on the night part? Should I erase my last post?

no, dont worry, just continue as if the next day has come, and we are going to watch the battle, or some of u may have other things planned, but that is up to you, as long as it doesnt completely take the focus away from the main battle ^^

IC - baker awoke from his sleep aruptluy and immediately sat upright, he swang his legs out of bed and stood up, he walked over to the window and opened the blind, instantly the shining sun was gleaming upon his face, baker swiftly turned about and swung his cape on, he had slept in his clothes, he opened the door, walked into the upstairs lobby, and began walking down the main staircase.

Other trainers and people looked at him as he decended down the stairs, there wa something impressive and attention demmending about his expression as he walked.

Time to watch my possible competition at work

althoagh hi mind was still on the trainer he would be facing first, he was quite sure she had not been at the last 2 pokemon leagues, baker remembered almost everyone from them. but he smiled, as he thought

I will just have to wait and see, wether or not her soul is prepeared

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • ic:"Judging by her team starting off with a long stream of speed attacks would work wonders for me blazekin will be the right one four the job then again last night he didn't dodge charazard's flamethrower oh well he'll do good enough plus i can always use charazard who could easily win" devon thinks to himself.Devon walks into the fire stadium "perfect i'm going to easily win" he thinks after glansing at the stadium.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • I walked out to the Fire Stadium. Devon was already standing there. I heard him say. "Charizard will easily win." Then a pause and :"I'll easily win."
    I"ve got a different plan," I thought. Almost all my pokemon are fast enough, and they've got a confusing attack. I stood there, looking over the fire field. Rocks jutted up and boulders were almost evrywhere.
    "I think this will be good!" I muttered.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker continued walkiing throagh the main hall and out of the double doors at the other end.

he walked throagh the grounds, round the corner, and saw a huge wall witha sign above a equally huge door, saying

''Pokemon league battle fields''

baker walked up to the door, a man was standing there

''Trainer ID please''

baker prduced his ID, and the man nodded him throagh, Baker walked throagh the doors nd cam across another 4
    one saying

''Grass field''

another saying

''water field''

another saying

''fire field''

and the last saying

''Mystery grounds''

baker glared at the foor saying mystery grounds, with intrest, before turning to left and walking throagh the dorrs to the fire field, he noticed there was a locker room for battlers to warm up, and the other direction to people to the stands, baker truned that way and began walking up some rotating stairs.

he walked up them for a while, each footstep making a loud clatter as the stairs were metal.

Eventually he came to the top, where hundereds of people were already sat. baker knew that a lot of peolple came, but it was always a suprise to see so many. He took a seat next to him and crossed his legs.

A speaker went off

''could the first contestonts make there way to the locker room, the match will begin in 10 minuites''

OOC - I will be the ref in the battle.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • I turned around and walked quickly to the locker room. I put my hand in my pocket. Four headbands. They each had flames on them. I let out my pokemon. Rapidash,Arcanine, and Flare. Darkness barked cheerily. I stretched out the headbands and put them on each pokemon's head.
    "Now your stylin'!" I said. I chuckled and sat on a bench. I put my hand in my other pocket. Another headband. I pulled this one out, but it was purple, my favorite color. I put it on.
    "Ok, guys! I just want you to battle your hardest. I won't care if you faint, just as long as you do your best." Thier battle cries filled the room.
    "So, when this battle starts, just go all out!"

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rian sat silently on his window sill, staring out toward the stadium. In his room, his television was active and broadcasting the current battle. The roar of the excited crowd could be clearly heard as the time for combat drew nearer. However, the trainer remained unmoved.

By this point, a clean bandage had been firmly tied about his head, masking one eye. Bindings were placed on both his forearms, his right upper arm, and several portions of his legs, while a gauze pad was attached to his neck beneath further wrappings. In one hand Rian held four Pokeballs, loosely held as though they were a natural part of the trainer. The first battle of fire . . . these battles will not only test the strength of a trainer's Pokemon, but both the trainer's and Pokemon's adaptability, their trust, and natural skill. How will these first trainers fare?

Last edited:
    Years
  • ooc: Aww soo crap! We had a thunderstorm and our internet was down for a while.

" I'M LATE!! NOOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL ASLEEP IN THE LOBBY!!! " Jason yelled as he woke up to find himself sitting on a bench leaning against a wall. Running quickly over to the PC he traded in Biole, Wilt, Streetel, and Pog. He exchanged them for Haylo, Swirliee, and Howl. He already had Arcanine and Ase was there for extreeme not being boredness. Running outside he flipped his I.D. at the gaurd person and ranout into the crowd. Grabbing a seat in the front row he quickly sat down and breathed a sigh of relief.
    " Not too late... for once. "

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • As I sit in the stands towards the back, I watch quietly as the stadium slowly fills with other trainers, some of whom I'd dined with last night. I don't feel much like talking this morning, just sitting and observing the others to get a hint of what their battling techniques might be by how they act... and how they react to the battles they watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back