• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen THE POKEMON YOU HATE MOST

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Honestly, I can't think of a single gen 5 Pokémon I dislike... I think they're all great, either by design, competitive use, or both! I guess my least favorite would be Watchog? The eyes are kinda scary.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Simipour and Simisage. I'll let it slide for Simisear considering it came last in that ranking of the 720 Pokémon poll recently.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Oh boy ladies and gentleman don't I have a story for you! I hate scraggy and here is a story why!! One day I was walking home from work, you know I'm a pizza delivery boy for a local joint, I'm not sure if you've heard of it but I call it Papa Johns. Yeah well anyway I am walking home from delivering pizza and boy has it been a long day no one is handing out the tips and half of the pizza the boys make have been wrong and i am like wack what a crappy day. Anyways I walk on the way home, and notice some rocks being thrown at my head. First it is just a small tingling but after a while they just keep getting bigger. And then I look around and this little scraggy behind me and I am like "WOW WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, WHAT DID I DO TO YOU!?!?". So then I pull out my pokedex to find out who this is then i run after him and he just runs away like a coward. So I showed him and got a big smile on my face but I was going to shoo away any more scraggy cause of this I was done with them ya know?

So here is a list why I hate the old scraggies:

1.) He ugly- he looks like he wants to punch me out and i aint lyin, i was a little scared when he walked up to me first but he stopped blinking and that was crazy too. He jsut an ugly brown color of a pokemon and reminds me of a hershey kiss but not like ne I would eat.

2.) He like a walking snake. I looked at him an he was all rubbery lookin, he shoulda been slitherin but instead he was all runnin away. He was a coward and I couldnt even get him cause he was all scared and I was like all good ha!

3.) He thinks he's a diva! All the other pokemon trainers are like "yea he the best fighter and has the best fighting type moves" but I'm like you just a little piece of cheese. Get out of here you only like 2 inches tall and you weak. I could get a dragonite and beat this guy up psssh. He's so overrated I mean like what the heck are these people thinking.

4.) Scraggy rhymes with Shaggy and I hate that because I love Shaggy and hate Scraggy. Shaggy from Scooby Doo is hilarious and I mean like those 2 movies re some of the best I've ever seen and this Scraggy dude tryin to copy Scooby and Shaggy from Scooby Doo and that really made me mad too. I mean you can't be like that and try to get the women like Shaggy from Scooby Doo does. What, am I supposed to give Scraggy a Scooby snack every time he does a cool trick too? HECK NO!!!

Yeah and that is why I hate scraggy, he dumb and ugly looking. He tried to beat me up but I could have beat him up so he ran away with me. It's whatever tho, but if I ever see him again I'm going to run at him again cause he hurt me with rocks the nerve of that dude wow.

xXLunaSolXx

Basculin is very lackluster. To be honest, this generation had so many amazing Pokemon, but Basculin is so damn useless. :/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Simipour and Simisage. I'll let it slide for Simisear considering it came last in that ranking of the 720 Pokémon poll recently.

This. They honestly look like those poorly made bootleg Pokemon/terrible ripoff Donkey Kong-characters.

Spoiler:

They could had been designed much better than they are right now or simply having no evolution and remain at their "Pan-stages".

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh boy ladies and gentleman don't I have a story for you! I hate scraggy and here is a story why!! One day I was walking home from work, you know I'm a pizza delivery boy for a local joint, I'm not sure if you've heard of it but I call it Papa Johns. Yeah well anyway I am walking home from delivering pizza and boy has it been a long day no one is handing out the tips and half of the pizza the boys make have been wrong and i am like wack what a crappy day. Anyways I walk on the way home, and notice some rocks being thrown at my head. First it is just a small tingling but after a while they just keep getting bigger. And then I look around and this little scraggy behind me and I am like "WOW WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, WHAT DID I DO TO YOU!?!?". So then I pull out my pokedex to find out who this is then i run after him and he just runs away like a coward. So I showed him and got a big smile on my face but I was going to shoo away any more scraggy cause of this I was done with them ya know?

So here is a list why I hate the old scraggies:

1.) He ugly- he looks like he wants to punch me out and i aint lyin, i was a little scared when he walked up to me first but he stopped blinking and that was crazy too. He jsut an ugly brown color of a pokemon and reminds me of a hershey kiss but not like ne I would eat.

2.) He like a walking snake. I looked at him an he was all rubbery lookin, he shoulda been slitherin but instead he was all runnin away. He was a coward and I couldnt even get him cause he was all scared and I was like all good ha!

3.) He thinks he's a diva! All the other pokemon trainers are like "yea he the best fighter and has the best fighting type moves" but I'm like you just a little piece of cheese. Get out of here you only like 2 inches tall and you weak. I could get a dragonite and beat this guy up psssh. He's so overrated I mean like what the heck are these people thinking.

4.) Scraggy rhymes with Shaggy and I hate that because I love Shaggy and hate Scraggy. Shaggy from Scooby Doo is hilarious and I mean like those 2 movies re some of the best I've ever seen and this Scraggy dude tryin to copy Scooby and Shaggy from Scooby Doo and that really made me mad too. I mean you can't be like that and try to get the women like Shaggy from Scooby Doo does. What, am I supposed to give Scraggy a Scooby snack every time he does a cool trick too? HECK NO!!!

Yeah and that is why I hate scraggy, he dumb and ugly looking. He tried to beat me up but I could have beat him up so he ran away with me. It's whatever tho, but if I ever see him again I'm going to run at him again cause he hurt me with rocks the nerve of that dude wow.

You are the most dedicated to hating Scraggy. You have the world's permission to hate on forever.

...although I find Scraggy really really cool BUT YOU and your hate for Scraggy is so incredible it inspires others to hate it too. Congrats??

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Zekrom is the most overrated thing ever and it should die

Klinklang. Thank you so very much for killing one of my best team member in my Black 2 Nuzlocke, I really appreciated that. Guess who proceeded to have a hard time at victory road because the said team member wasn't around to help us?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I despise those Genies (The Kami Trio). Their designs are abysmal. Even their Therian forms look horrendous to me.

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2018
    Stunfisk. I feel that it's such a horrendous pokemon to me to the point that it is my absolute least favorite pokemon in the series.

Beyond that, I feel like the monkey trio and the genie trio are all garbage.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
  • While my absolute most hated Pokemon of all time isn't from Gen 5, the Gen 5 Pokemon I hate the most has to be Stunfisk. It's the only Pokemon that I hate purely because it's ugly, but oh boy is that freak ugly! Like, I hate Electrode because it's stupid and uncreative, and Unown are the biggest disappointments of my life, but Stunfisk? It's Pokedex entry implies it hunts with electric discharges that it administers by letting things step on its face, and MAN DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Trubbish and Garbodor. Just horrible to look at. I'm not big on using poison-tyes, but these are the only two whose designs I actively hate. I fear Ekans, Arbok and Seviper because I'm that scared of snakes, but those two I actually hate.

In terms of encountering it, Watchog by far. Not only does it have access to both Hypnosis and Confuse Ray, but its really fast! This means against a trainer it will most likely hit you with one and screw up that battle, and in the wild its hard to run from and then will hit you with one of those.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Garbodor, hands-down.

Hate the design, useless stats. The only thing redeeming it is how cute I find Trubbish to be.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't "hate" it but I would say Palpitoad is my least favourite Pokemon from gen 5. (and it would certainly be a challenger for least favourite overall)

I usually fall towards "indifferent" when it comes to designs I don't end up liking, but Palpitoad is such an awkward looking Pokemon to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    Well i think it's Stunfisk 'cause i don't like it's animal it based on also Frilish lien they're freaking me out

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I've grown a lot less critical of Gen 5's Pokemon over the years, with Solosis and Vanilite's line being notable examples. That being said, there are still a few that I can list here

Basculine: This fish isn't horrible, but as many people have already stated, it is bland and forgettable. I also feel they could have given both colours a similar, yet separate, evo. This would have highlighted their rivalry (they could have evolved to gain the upper hand on the other), made them more memorable, and allowed them to be viable team additions.

Marcactus: I had forgotten about it until I read through this thread, which speaks to how little impact it had on me. For the record, I've never forgotten the likes of Quilfish and Girafarig...

Pignite: When I first saw Tepig, I thought it would be my starter, hands down. It's cute, unique, and seemed to ooze potential. Seeing its evos, however, ruined the fire pig for me. I'm no fan of Emboar's, don't get me wrong, but it at least looks like a threat. Pignite on the other hand is just lackluster and unappealing to me. I think the fact that it looks like its wearing overalls may have something to do with it, but its design overall is weak in my books. Being disappointed by both Pignite and Emboar, Tepig became my last choice... (interestingly enough, the opposite happened with Oshawott)

I also dislike Stunfisk's cry, but I've become more neutral to the actual Pokemon. I must also mention Garbador, and although its design is still cringe-worthy, I don't hate it as much anymore. Having watched a play-through of Reborn is responsible for my slight change in opinion.

I think that's all cx

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • I dunno.But probably mine is Emolga.I don't hate Pikachu line clone or the design.But,It kinda Annoying.Thanks to 100% Critical hit Quick Attack I have several Traumatized on Emolga thanks to Elesa's Emolga and Emolga in Invader 4

Years
  • Garbodor, hands-down.

Hate the design, useless stats. The only thing redeeming it is how cute I find Trubbish to be.

You know what's even worse about Garbodor? Its stats feel like they're in the wrong place, since it mostly learns special attacks but was modelled as a physical attacker. Thankfully it can go very defensive with Stockpile.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Ugly and disliked: Simipour,
    Ugly and somewhat disliked: Conkeldurr, Palpitoad, Stunfisk, (S)woobat, Durant, Reuniclus
    Dislike but saved by evolution: Litwick
    Used to hate and getting over it slowly: Garbodor, Amoongus, Vanillish line
    Used to hate but got over it: Audino, Klinklang,
    Not ugly and disliked for annoyance: Roggenrolla line, Emolga (which I don't think look good but can see how others would)
    TL:DR: Simipour

Back