• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be?

I would like to see some kind of Minotaurus Legendary Pokemon thats a fire type!
    Its fur could be on fire as well as its horns, and maybe it could be a rock type as well??

Also, sorry i have been absent, im on vacation at my grandmas without internet so...
    ill be back home on sunday and i can post regularly again then :P

Hope you are all doing fine :D

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I would like to see some kind of Minotaurus Legendary Pokemon thats a fire type!
    Its fur could be on fire as well as its horns, and maybe it could be a rock type as well??
    This reminds me of the goat we were talking about... not sure what page it's on.

It had moves like Head Smash, Headbutt, Take Down, and Fire Blitz. Ability was Rock Head or Reckless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well, it does seem like a good idea on paper, but wouldn't fire/rock be a little too weak against types like ground and water? :o We have a couple of Pokémon with this combination already, and that's one of the main reasons why they're held back so much, y'know.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I don't think we talked about a goat, I searched the thread and nothing showed up. Was that in a different club? :O

I like the idea of a Minotaur, I also like the idea of a Fire/Rock-type, if only it wasn't so weak to so much. If only there was a way to counteract that...

A firefly would be pretty cool I suppose, I actually picture something like Yanmega but on fire, but that's more of a dragonfly. I still think it would be pretty cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like the idea of a Minotaur, I also like the idea of a Fire/Rock-type, if only it wasn't so weak to so much. If only there was a way to counteract that...

Hmm… maybe this Pokémon could have Levitate? :o It'd still be weak against water, but at least its ground weakness would be eliminated, so that's gotta count for something.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I think a Fire/Rock-type with Levitate would work, but...a Minotaur/Ram with Levitate? I can't really see it. Maybe someone can come up with a good idea for that?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    If the minotaur had god-like origins (perhaps created by Arceus?) then I could see it getting Levitate. Maybe it could learn Magnet Rise and be adorned with metal armor or jewelry?

Wicked3DS

Years
    This is true — a legendary Pokémon being able to do those types of things wouldn't be that unexpected. It's ability could be Levitate, and it's Pokédex could say "It has the ability to float/levitate at will when it chooses." So it wouldn't have to look like it's constantly floating, it just is able to when necessary. I think that would work.

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
    Years
    On a completely irrelevant topic... I'm buying Y on Monday from EB games in St. Catharines and i need 2 starters! I was thinking of doing Greninja and Charizard. I'm free to suggestions

Wicked3DS

Years
    I chose Fennekin and Squirtle, but I think you'd do well with Greninja and Charizard, they are both very good Pokémon. Delphox is a very good Pokémon though, I liked using it a lot.

Years
    Name: Teh Lady S
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Fennekin, Charizard
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Dunno, I just like them.
    Answer to current topic:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like Delphox, but wound up choosing some other starter, though. xD; This Pokémon isn't such a bad fire-type, but it would've been a lot better if it had huger stats.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I haven't used Delphox really, but ive seen that it can be a good starter if trained right. I used Greninja and charizard through my play through, soo yeah.. that kinda explains it. But im happy with my choice. they are a big part of my team.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I love Fennekin and even like Braixen, to some extent, but I am not a fan of Delphox's look. Her Fire Blast attack does hit like a Mac truck though!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used Charizard before, and tried its mega-evolutions as well; they're both great. Personally, though, I prefer X more, as I find it a little easier to utilize. :] With Tough Claws ability and maximized Attack stat, this Pokémon could cause some major havoc. By using Charizard X, I was able to 6-0 one of my friends at one point. Design-wise, though, I like Y more. Love how slim it is, haha.

Back