• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
    Years
    I chose Fennekin and Squirtle, but I think you'd do well with Greninja and Charizard, they are both very good Pokémon. Delphox is a very good Pokémon though, I liked using it a lot.
    Well the thing is that i'm trying to really make a well balanced team to not defeat my "friends" but also to take out the Gyms and the elite four as quickly as possible

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I always pick the fire type starter, and did so twice in X.

Grant was a a nightmare before I decided to train my Torchic up.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Name: Teh Lady S
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Fennekin, Charizard
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Dunno, I just like them.
    Answer to current topic:
    Spoiler:

Welcome! I think Zorua as a Fire-type would be pretty cool.

As far as this starter debate goes, personally I would pick Fire and Water, but that's because they fit best with how I build my teams. I'm not a huge fan of Grass-types except for a few, but usually I don't really need them that much anyway. Just my take on it.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
    Name:Treetwig
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:Mega Blaziken and Mega Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:Because of they're a cool looking pokemon.

Answer to current topic:
    If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be?
    How about a Fire/Grass type that looks like a giant monster torch?

Wicked3DS

Years
    Name:Treetwig
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon:Mega Blaziken and Mega Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:Because of they're a cool looking pokemon.

Answer to current topic:
    If you were to introduce a fire-type legendary, how would it be?
    How about a Fire/Grass type that looks like a giant monster torch?

Welcome! A torch Pokémon is a new idea, I think that could work. There's gotta be some kind of signature move we can come up with for that.

Wicked3DS

Years
    You're right, I looked it up. However, the reason I didn't remember was because it was an iron wrought torch, which would be Fire/Steel, not Fire/Grass. Got it. Anywho, I think what Treetwig is talking about is a more primitive wooden torch, which I think would be a good idea as well.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    What are we debating bout? Starters?
    Personally the best fire starter to me is the original Charizard line. Oh god the desatruction. Then, they made everything i dreamed of come true, with mega evolving him into a fire\dragon type with maximized attack. YEAH.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally like Blaziken line more, to be honest. xD; It's extremely powerful, becomes faster every turn thanks to Speed Boost, and could sweep through almost anybody after one use of Swords Dance.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Funnily enough, one of the factors that leads me to love Charizard is that it's one of the best blaziken counters out there.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Funnily enough, one of the factors that leads me to love Charizard is that it's one of the best blaziken counters out there.

So what about before Blaziken was around?

Anyway, I'm a fan of Charizard first, probably because I'm sort of a genwunner (not hardcore, but I learn towards Gen I), but Blaziken is pretty darn close. I like them both a lot. Delphox is third after playing X, then Typhlosion, Infernape, and Emboar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

True, but same could be said Blaziken; it could counter Charizard pretty nicely, too. It's able to learn Stone Edge, and once it uses it, Charizard would be immediately taken out. Since it's a fire/flying-type, it has four-times weakness against rock attacks. d:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    True, but same could be said Blaziken; it could counter Charizard pretty nicely, too. It's able to learn Stone Edge, and once it uses it, Charizard would be immediately taken out. Since it's a fire/flying-type, it has four-times weakness against rock attacks. d:
    The problem with blaziken as a charizard counter is that charizard is faster, and by a good margin. This leads blaziken users to an unfortunate bit of predictability. Nearly all competitive blaziken have protect, which they always use first turn for a free speed boost. This is why I like to breed dragon dance onto my charizards, and use it the first turn in a battle against a blaziken. Charizard gets the same boost as blaziken, and blaziken is pretty much out of luck. There's a bit of risk, but it pays off 90% of the time.

So what about before Blaziken was around?
    Until noivern, charizard was always my favorite pokemon. There was just one less reason before blaziken came along

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

Years
    That Dragon Dance is a pretty good idea, but now I know if I ever use Blaziken vs Charizard to just use Stone Edge on the first turn :P

New topic, something a bit different so put your thinking caps on!

What Fire-type would you like to see as a main character of a spin-off game?

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    That Dragon Dance is a pretty good idea, but now I know if I ever use Blaziken vs Charizard to just use Stone Edge on the first turn :P

New topic, something a bit different so put your thinking caps on!

And I know to just use air slash if I ever fight your blaziken.

I'd like a game where you play as Talonflame, because games where you fly as a bird are cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Talonflame would definitely be a cool character for some spin-off game as above said, but I just don't think it'd be able to make it as a main one. :( As the main character, I'd personally like to see Fennekin. It's cute, small, lovable, and pretty tough-looking as well; has everything that you could possibly ask for, haha. Torchic wouldn't be such a bad idea, either, and neither would Tepig.

Years
    Name: Purple_Cyanide
    Pick 2 partner Pokémon: Torchik , Charmander
    Reason(s) for liking fire types?: My favorite type out of them all. I like the color red and I love fire in general. Since Charmander was my first ever pokemon partner, I Liked All The Pokemon Of Fire Type, and I always had the starter fire pokemon in my team on my team in all the games. I also love most of the fire type pokemon designs. They all are very unique. Their Basic form is cute but when they evolve they become a badass

What is your favorite fire type starter?: Mine would have to be Torchik, because it is very cute but after it evolves it becomes a badass. I fell in love with him from the get go. Also, now with X and Y has came out, I love him even more.
    -------------------------------------

Wicked3DS

Years
    A racing game where you could fly would be pretty awesome, and Talonflame would be perfect for it. It would be cool to fly around in a game as Talonflame as well. Fennekin would be a good character for a spin-off game. Personally, I think Vulpix or Cyndaquil would fit the bill quite well for it too.

Name: Purple_Cyanide
    Pick 2 partner Pokémon: Torchik , Charmander
    Reason(s) for liking fire types?: My favorite type out of them all. I like the color red and I love fire in general. Since Charmander was my first ever pokemon partner, I Liked All The Pokemon Of Fire Type, and I always had the starter fire pokemon in my team on my team in all the games. I also love most of the fire type pokemon designs. They all are very unique. Their Basic form is cute but when they evolve they become a badass

What is your favorite fire type starter?: Mine would have to be Torchik, because it is very cute but after it evolves it becomes a badass. I fell in love with him from the get go. Also, now with X and Y has came out, I love him even more.
    -------------------------------------

Welcome! Torchic is awesome, and Blaziken is one of my favorite Fire-types ever (2 or 3 behind Charizard and close with Moltres).

Back