• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which region do you think has the best Fire-types?
    I would say Kanto, as it's the home to Charizard, Charmander, Arcanine (I think?), Ninetales, and many other great fire Pokémon. :] Second would be Hoenn, with them introducing the likes of Blaziken and Camerupt. As for third, I'd say Johto.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
    Which region do you think has the best Fire-types?

Kanto:
    Charmander line, Growlithe line, Vulpix line, Ponyta line, Magmar, Moltres and even Flareon (which got better with the Physical/ Special move split).

Unova: Tepig line, Darumaka line, Litwick line, Larvesta line, Reshiram. (Simisear is CRAP and I'm not in a position to evaluate Heatmor).

Kalos: Fennekin line, Fletchling line, Litleo line, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Charizard X, Mega Blaziken.

Johto: Cyndaquil line, Houndour line, Entei, Ho-Oh. (Slugma line kinda sucks and Magby doesn't really count).

Sinnoh: Chimchar line, Rotom Heat, Heatran, Arceus Fire Form. (Magmortar)?- (loses credit for having all but 2 fire types being forms)

Hoenn: Torchic line, Torkoal line, Numel line.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Kanto is definitely first, I'm a fan of Charizard (I bet you didn't know that!), Ninetales, Arcanine, Magmar, and Moltres, not to mention Flareon isn't too bad and I can't complain about Rapidash. Kalos with the starters and Fletchling's line along with Mega Chars and Blaziken give it second. Then it gets difficult. Johto probably takes third with all of theirs being pretty good, then Unova with Chandelure and Volcarona. Hoenn gets Blaziken (Camerupt is okay I guess) then Sinnoh because the only one I really like is Magmortar and it's only an evolution (and it's not even close to the top of my list).

Phew, that was a mouthful.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Nintendogs Pokémon Edition

Actually I'd kind of like to see a game where all the four-legged Pokémon did something together, just not sure what. Playing fetch?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They already have a Pokémon edition of Nintendogs. It could be found in X and Y; y'know, Pokémon-Amie. XD" It would have been great if it had more features, though, and allowed better interaction capabilities.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Somehow I saw that coming...

Anyway, I'm thinking of more of a Pokéathlon + Pokémon Amie game. You get a Pokémon and compete in various events and travel and such.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I think Kanto has the best ones by virtue of having the most. :P Second is definitely Unova because of Volcarona, Chandelure and Darmanitan. Third is a tie between Kalos and Johto, then Sinnoh (Infernape and Heatran kick ass, and I love Magmortar) and last is Hoenn because, despite featuring the all-powerful Blaziken, the other choices are meh in comparison. It should be said, however, that the Fire starters in Hoenn and Sinnoh are absolutely magnificent. ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think the region that has the best fire pokemon is Unova because they have the cute little litwick to the powerful Volcanra.

Volcarona, yeah! I love that Pokémon, haha. Currently have one in Y, and after one Quiver Dance, it could sweep away almost any opponent that it goes up against; it's amazing. :] Nobody should have any problem utilizing it, even if you're new to competitive battling.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I have one sitting idle in X at the moment. Timid Nature, which is perfect. But I haven't had time to invest into games, and that probably won't happen until OR/AS :P Volcarona is one of the Unova Pokémon that has grown on me in the last 6 months since beating Black 2. They definitely gave us two good Fire-type lines (Chandelure), I'm just not big into Emboar or Darmanitan at all.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Name:
    Logical Cabbage

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon:
    Reshiram and Chandelure

Reasons for liking Fire-types:
    They can roast ice, grass, bug, and steel types pretty good. Also, they have this style in battle that no other type can match up to. Plus, they rule with awesome fire moves like fire blast, flamethrower, and blue flare.

Current Topic Answer:

The best fire types come out of Unova region. Chandelure has that super fire power that burns and Reshiram by far is the best fire legend there is.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I have to agree, reshiram is definitely the most powerful fire legendary, though I have a slight preference for Ho-Oh's design.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have to agree, reshiram is definitely the most powerful fire legendary, though I have a slight preference for Ho-Oh's design.

I wouldn't really say that, haha. Any fire-type legendaries could be powerful, equally, but it all depends on how you utilize them. I've once used Heatran in one of my battles with Lava Plume, Substitute, and Torment combination, and it was able to take down all my opponent's Pokémon single-handedly without any sort of trouble at all. n_n;;

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I still don't see why people expect Pokemon with good looking designs to be better in fighting and stats and such, I mean it is just a design, if you take away all that design and names and in the end they're all just the same thing, a small bit of numbers, and the same moves all around. So when people say "Blah is better than Blah because it looks cooler!" I get confused.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Whoa, from idle to 4 posts overnight, okay then!

Name:
    Logical Cabbage

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon:
    Reshiram and Chandelure

Reasons for liking Fire-types:
    They can roast ice, grass, bug, and steel types pretty good. Also, they have this style in battle that no other type can match up to. Plus, they rule with awesome fire moves like fire blast, flamethrower, and blue flare.

Current Topic Answer:

The best fire types come out of Unova region. Chandelure has that super fire power that burns and Reshiram by far is the best fire legend there is.

Welcome! Unova had some cool ones, but I'm not the biggest fan of Reshiram in the world.

As far as this who's better than who thing, opinions (yes, we are talking about opinions, don't forget) may not only be based on battling. For example, I'm not the biggest fan of Reshiram, but I know it would blow away Flareon in a battle. I like Flareon better, but I would not consider it a better battling Pokémon. I think in that sense people are just saying the wrong thing. Although honestly, I've never run into that issue.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I still don't see why people expect Pokemon with good looking designs to be better in fighting and stats and such, I mean it is just a design, if you take away all that design and names and in the end they're all just the same thing, a small bit of numbers, and the same moves all around. So when people say "Blah is better than Blah because it looks cooler!" I get confused.
    I'd much rather have a cool-looking team that's decent than a fantastic team that looks like I threw darts at a pokedex.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I wholeheartedly agree, nice analogy by the way. New topic:

Are there any Fire-types that you disliked at first that grew on you later on?

Volcarona was this mostly because I just did not like Gen V. It really didn't appeal to me until I explored into it more (I liked Chandelure though), and after playing Black 2, Gen V really grew on me and Volcarona as well.

Back