• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    I always stuck with Cyndaquil because special attack is wicked and speed is pretty good. Flamethrower and fire blast are pretty deadly ever since pokemon gold. Go Cyndaquil!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Typhlosion is pretty awesome, I can't argue there. I just wish he had a bit better movepool.

Name: acatfrommars
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Litleo and Magmar plz
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: They're strong, and typically my favorite of the starter types. Normally whn I purchase a game, I will choose the fire type first. Except for XY, because I liekd Froakie more cause ninja-ness.

Answer to current topic: What Fire-type Pokémon have you used in recent playthroughs?

Oh god, many. Blaziken, Inferno, Mega Charizard X, Litleo, Darumaka, Magmar, Camerupt, Typhlosion, Arcanine, Heatran. Oh, just so many!

Welcome! Ninjas are awesome and Greninja has grown on me, but Delphox is still the best. And wow, that's quite a list of recent Fire-types. You should make a good addition to the club! :P

I'm currently using a Houndoom in Platinum. Pretty soon I'm restarting HeartGold with a Nuzlocke and I'm going to try to get a Fire-type (I suppose I could just pick Cyndaquil, but I'm not sure yet).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Talonflame, haha. It's amazing; with Brave Bird and Gale Wings combination, it could sweep your opponent pretty easily. Aside from that, I've also used Charizard; had it on my team for a while, but eventually replaced it with Blastoise. d:

Wicked3DS

Years
    Ya know, I would've used Talonflame if I hadn't already been using Delphox and Blaziken. I should've just got Charmander at the start and went mono Fire-type, but I didn't want to do that on my first play through.

I'd probably use Ninetales too if it weren't always version exclusive to the game I didn't get.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I had Charizard and Talonflame in my X playthrough, though I rotated my team a lot more than usual, so I don't remember if I had both at the same time. Charizard was on the Hall of Fame team, but he's been retired to the PC after that. Talonflame however became a permanent fixture in my team in post-game, with Fly + Flame Body to speed up egg hatching.

I also have a Charizard in a LeafGreen challenge that I've been playing lately, and I used Typhlosion in SoulSilver in the most recent event challenge, around Easter.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I have to get a Talonflame and train it up, that's the conclusion I've come to. I really like it's design and it seems really powerful, so I'll be sure to train up a Fletchling.

Time for a new topic:

What Fire-type Pokémon would you own if you could own one?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Vulpix; I simply love this Pokémon. It's small, it's fluffy, it's huggable; who wouldn't like it? XD Aside from that, I'd also consider Charizard. It's big and has ability to fly anywhere and strength to carry just about anybody, so that would be very convenient. Plus, it's got two completely separate mega-forms, so hooray for that!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

It would be great to have a Fletchinder or charizard.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I'd choose a charmander.

It'd be dangerous to just take a charizard, you'd want to train it so it knew you enough to not hurt you, then evolve it later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you have sufficient badges, it wouldn't hurt you, regardless if the Pokémon knows you or not. At least, that's how it works in-game. xD"

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'd like to have a Moltres, but considering it's a legendary, that'd be very unlikely :P

Talonflame or Charizard would be really cool because they can fly and I'd like to be able to fly. Vulpix/Ninetales would be nice because the look cool and would make nice pets as well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Name: Blaze
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Mega Blaziken and Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Just they are beasts, helped me on my ds journey
    Answer to current topic: I would own a mega blaziken if I had Pokemon X or Y

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wouldn't mind an Arcanine. Nobody would dare break into my house, and I wouldn't have to spend money on gas any longer :)

Sounds like a good plan to me! I've always wondered how it would feel to ride a Pokémon like that. xD" Well, it might be sort of like horses, I suppose, but Arcanine's body structure is a lot bigger, though, which would cause the experience to differ.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Name: Blaze
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Mega Blaziken and Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Just they are beasts, helped me on my ds journey
    Answer to current topic: I would own a mega blaziken if I had Pokemon X or Y

Welcome! Owning a Blaziken and having the Blazikenite, well, let's just say people wouldn't want to mess with you anymore. Blaziken is an absolute beast.

Back