• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Quick Q&A Thread

Years

Like this?

Code:
[URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/view-28018792/ro2-wall2-1920x1080.jpg.html][IMG]http://www11.pic-upload.de/thumb/16.08.15/6boa6kigu7ax.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Can you control the size of the thumbnail? I find it small but yeah thats what I want! Thanks

Years
Can you control the size of the thumbnail? I find it small but yeah thats what I want! Thanks

Yeah, sure. A lot of image upload sites have a thumbnail function and often you can set the size. Eg. the one I used you can choose between thumbnail width 50px/100px/150px/200px/300px. Another one I know has 100/180/250/300. I usually use the preset size which is 150px or often 180px.
It basically creates a second, resized image. Then you put in the small image with a link to the original.

Years
Yeah, sure. A lot of image upload sites have a thumbnail function and often you can set the size. Eg. the one I used you can choose between thumbnail width 50px/100px/150px/200px/300px. Another one I know has 100/180/250/300. I usually use the preset size which is 150px or often 180px.
It basically creates a second, resized image. Then you put in the small image with a link to the original.

Thanks a lot, that was clear and helpful :D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years

How to use this thread

This thread is for quick questions and problems relating to art in any way. From advice to ratings, everything will be offered here. Particularly good questions and topics will be placed in the FAQ board for easy access.

FAQ:

They're more like Guidelines...

• A&D rules all apply
  • Please keep things civil. All criticism should be backed up with improvements and advice
  • If you don't know how to respond to a post, let someone else do it. Don't spam the thread.
  • Be respectful; people put a lot of effort into their art.

So basically...

Got a problem figuring out a tool on Photoshop? Or perhaps you want advice on certain effects? Whatever your problem is, post a question here, and others can come and answer your question! This saves all those annoying quick question threads and one piece rating threads. If you are struggling to choose between two pieces, that also goes here.
This thread can be used for:
  • Quick Questions and Answers
  • Asking about techniques or styles
  • Individual piece ratings
  • General advice related to art
  • Requests that aren't covered in any shop
Basically, anything related to art and design can go in here, that doesn't belong in a gallery, shop or the DCC.
I'm hoping this thread will go towards helping keep A&D clean of those small clutter threads, and will also help those looking for help get an answer quickly, to keep them making more art! Tutorials and Resources can also be found in the appropriate thread, but if you don't find what you're looking for there, you can always ask here. Be sure to check out Resources and Tutorials first, and then any questions will gladly be answered!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Does anyone know where to find an isolated version of the versus (VS) icon that has "red-orange lettering with black streaks/spikes" (depicted below)? I have checked Spriter's Resource but I am not sure which game this particular "VS" icon originates from. My guess was Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions, as Pokemon Platinum Version, Pokemon Black/White Versions (not on Spriter's Resource, apparently), and Pokemon Black 2/White 2 seem to have their own "VS" variants. Thank you very much in advance for the response (also, if anyone can confirm the game origin, that would be great)!

da_suspect__s_hoenn_vs__bar_by_wariosuperstar.png

Source: http://wariosuperstar.deviantart.com/art/Da-suspect-s-Hoenn-Vs-Bar-172974748

Years
Does anyone know where to find an isolated version of the versus (VS) icon that has "red-orange lettering with black streaks/spikes" (depicted below)? I have checked Spriter's Resource but I am not sure which game this particular "VS" icon originates from. My guess was Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions, as Pokemon Platinum Version, Pokemon Black/White Versions (not on Spriter's Resource, apparently), and Pokemon Black 2/White 2 seem to have their own "VS" variants. Thank you very much in advance for the response (also, if anyone can confirm the game origin, that would be great)!

da_suspect__s_hoenn_vs__bar_by_wariosuperstar.png

Source: http://wariosuperstar.deviantart.com/art/Da-suspect-s-Hoenn-Vs-Bar-172974748

The dA you linked said it started in Platinum, but the Platinum version of VS looks different. It's from HGSS, you're correct.

Also there ya go.

SDQ7bAu.png

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Sup all, it's been a while. Was looking for advice on this, minus the background. I can't get the details right, so I'm just leaving it as solid colour for now.

14rnppr.png

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
HI! im looking for party icons of sinnoh and unova animated for gba hackroms.... i have ones but arent in good quality

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I think you're right on the "from HGSS" part. I don't remember ever seeing these isolated, but if you're not in a hurry, I might clear those. I mean, it's pretty easy...

The dA you linked said it started in Platinum, but the Platinum version of VS looks different. It's from HGSS, you're correct.

Also there ya go.

SDQ7bAu.png

Thank you very much for the responses! Yeah, I figured that isolation in Paint.NET would be feasible, but I figured there was an already-isolated version of the Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver "VS icon" floating around somewhere due to the myriad of Pokemon spritework that has already been extracted.. XD

Outlier

Do any of you have access to animated HG/SS overworld sprites? Or at least know where I could find HG/SS animated walking sprites?

LJBNrYF.gif

I'm basically looking for something like the above animation except with Ethan walking in front of Feraligatr, Houndoom, Scizor, Steelix, Tyranitar & Lugia.

I realize this is a lot to ask so this isn't necessarily meant to be a request, but if someone could at least tell me where I could find the animated walking sprites for HG/SS Pokemon and trainers that would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread or section. I wasn't quite sure where to ask for help.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread or section. I wasn't quite sure where to ask for help.

This is as good a place to ask as any!

I honestly have no idea, unfortunately. As far as I am aware, there are no existing walking-animation HGSS specific sprites in any resources in A&D, and a brief look on google (though not a thorough one) yielded no results. Maybe try the ROM Hacking sections here? I'm not sure if you'll get a better answer, but maybe those a little more in touch with spriting resources will be able to lead you in a better direction.

I'll keep an eye out though. With any luck maybe something will come up! That's definitely a resource I'd like to see added to the collection.

Years
Is it possible to use them in rom hacks, or can they only be used in rpg maker games?

I'm not sure what you want to ask. If you're not sure, whether it's allowed to use them in ROM hacks, you better ask on the wikis forum or something.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
So umm, I hope it's OK to revive this resource.

I've got a particular problem with the sprite I'm making in correspondence to the challenge I received for A&D battles. Basically, I wanted to make a normal-ish protagonist sprite and it was going well, I had the signature hat n' everything. Somewhere along the way, I realized that it didn't differ much interms of design and visual from Red's Overworld. Then came to me a brilliant idea...what if the hat...WAS TILTED?!

So I made two versions, one with it tilted forward and another with it tilted backwards. I want to know which looks better. I'd also like some ideas on how to improve the shading. Currently, it seems a little cluttered, especially where the hat meets the face and the shirt. I'd liked to keep the circle pattern on the shirt though.

Normal sized:
vUnPjCH.png

Here it is enlarged with other overworlds from FireRed as reference:
yxuNJwp.png

Ideas appreciated, and once again sorry if I'm not allowed to bump this thread!

Years

Yeah, it's ok, this is a stickied thread and it needs some more action! However

"I've got a particular problem with the sprite I'm making in correspondence to the challenge I received for A&D battles."

In correspondence, as in this isn't the actual sprite you're using for the art battle is it? If it's is, I maybe sorta of forgot to say rather than imply you're not supposed to show it/get help on it. ah hah hah

If it isn't, backwards hat is much better! For shading, just keep the circle of highlight and it should be good. It's a bit uneven in the backwards one.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Yeah, it's ok, this is a stickied thread and it needs some more action! However

"I've got a particular problem with the sprite I'm making in correspondence to the challenge I received for A&D battles."

In correspondence, as in this isn't the actual sprite you're using for the art battle is it? If it's is, I maybe sorta of forgot to say rather than imply you're not supposed to show it/get help on it. ah hah hah

If it isn't, backwards hat is much better! For shading, just keep the circle of highlight and it should be good. It's a bit uneven in the backwards one.

Oh whoops, it was. I guess I'll just come up with a different design. Np. Thanks for the pointers

Back