• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rom Hacking Newsletter Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Wait, so am I "Reporter" or "Hack Reviewer"? :|

I could be both, if you want. :D

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I've edited the list of members so it has all current RHN members. Obviously the person who takes over will have to create a new thread for RHN and the RHN team.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Can I be co-editor with you Darthatron?
    Because your older so you would have more school work.
    When your backed up then I can take over.
    And plus we live in the same time zone which makes it easier

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'd love to help edit as well, if it isn't too much. ;D

You'd figure that now we wouldn't have any grammar errors whatsoever. :D

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I'd love to help edit as well, if it isn't too much. ;D

You'd figure that now we wouldn't have any grammar errors whatsoever. :D

Yeah I guess but we have Kawkii inc. for grammar
    Anywayz we have to think of something BIG
    And we have too do it by tomorrow
    So get those Reviews\Interviews\Reports in on time!

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • If people would be willing to send their articles to me, I'd gladly grammar/spelling check them! I'm really good at using punctuation that most people don't even know the purpose for; the semi-colon is one of them. Of course, there's also the colon. It's uses include: making lists, using a subtitle (Pokemon: The Lost Chronicles), and starting a logical sequence (Of course, the answer was obvious: Abigail never really met Alexander.), among other things. I could go into much greater detail, (use of comma) but I'll save you the grammar lesson.

And what's (contraction: what + is) this about a new editor? I'd (I + would) cast a vote for Darthatron, since he's (he + is) basically synonymous with hacking. As long as I get to do my grammar thing, I'll (I + will) be happy! Of course, I'd like to still write articles every once in a while.

Hahahaha. =]

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    If people would be willing to send their articles to me, I'd gladly grammar/spelling check them! I'm really good at using punctuation that most people don't even know the purpose for; the semi-colon is one of them. Of course, there's also the colon. It's uses include: making lists, using a subtitle (Pokemon: The Lost Chronicles), and starting a logical sequence (Of course, the answer was obvious: Abigail never really met Alexander.), among other things. I could go into much greater detail, (use of comma) but I'll save you the grammar lesson.

And what's (contraction: what + is) this about a new editor? I'd (I + would) cast a vote for Darthatron, since he's (he + is) basically synonymous with hacking. As long as I get to do my grammar thing, I'll (I + will) be happy! Of course, I'd like to still write articles every once in a while.

Hahahaha. =]

Darthatron and I are both editors, because:
    • We both live in the same time zone.
    • He's older so naturally that means more school work

And thats basically it
    I really shouldn't have used a list, oh well ;)-*

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Huh. I'm in your timezone too (I think).

Can I help edit-y thing? =D I'm grammar-nazi-ish. :\ If there's something wrong, I'll fix it. =D

Yeah, Sydney's in Melbourne's time zone right?
    Well I'm posting this at 6:20 PM here if it's that time in Sydney than you are in my time zone.

BTW either Darthatron or I have too make a new Team Thread

And we need idea's for the first (23rd) Issue.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Name:0m3GA ARS3NAL
    E-Mail:[email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:Same as E-Mail, I use MSN
    Time Zone: Pacific Time (UTC -8)
    Job: Reporter, Interviewer, Tips/Tricks reviewer, Beginners Corner reviewer, Backup / Co-CSS (If Ever Needed)
    Proof of Work:My signature is good CSS proof... as for an article...

Beginners Corner

In Today's Beginners corner, we look at how to use variables in useful ways!
    Did you know, that a variable can be used as a flag?
    Instead of using a bunch of flags to define an event, why not just use one variable?
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    compare 0x5000 0x4
    if b_true goto @script1
    compare 0x5000 0x3
    if b_true goto @script2
    compare 0x5000 0x2
    if b_true goto @script3
    compare 0x5000 0x1
    if b_true goto @script4
    end
    You see, that is much more efficient than using a whole bunch of flags to do what you want.
    It saves you flags, and all you have to use it, is the variable commands.
    [assistance=Variables]
    Spoiler:
    [/assistance]
    Keep in mind, that when you are using variables for flags, variables will not make Overworlds dissapear, like flags do, AND when a variable reashes a value of 0xFFFF, if you add to it, it will revert back to 0x0. Same goes for if your variable is 0x0, if you subtract 1 from it, it will revert to 0xFFFF!

That is all for now, check back next week for something new!

Hacking Experience:I am the lead scripter of Pokemon Colosseum: Advance, and I have enough knowledge of a ROM to decipher the daycare script, that and I have been working on a hack in semi-secret, and am planning on releasing a beta some time this February... if not, then March.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    It seems that people are happy with Darthatron being in charge of things. Any other discussion prior to making the new thread can be done via PM/VM/IM.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back