• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
i love it when games take away features from their past game that was enjoyable. like example, terrain modyfing. While I didnt use it too much in sims 3, it didnt feel the same in sims 4. along with that it wouldnt allow me to change the controls.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh hey a Sims thread, fun. Interested in the terrain stuff, honestly it's amazing that since the Sims 2 basically you had to use outside tools to make the world and only now it's becoming an in-game thing, but I'm not complaining.

As for the game itself though...well. I dunno, are you guys enjoying TS4? I'm basically on standby as the expansions come by but honestly I think for me I'm just waiting for TS5 at this point. I really liked a lot of things The Sims 3 did (despite the shitty release and rough start) and this all kinda felt like a step backwards. Like, TS4 feels like a sequel to TS2 and a step back from TS3, and I honestly would have loooooved it back then.

Now tho...I dunno. I like the character creator but everything just feels too small scale. Some of the expansions have been pretty neat though, just not sure about those "game packs".

Years
I wonder if they'll release this at the same time as the free terrain update...
I'm thinking so. They introduced the glass roofing system the same time they did Seasons, so it makes sense :x
i love it when games take away features from their past game that was enjoyable. like example, terrain modyfing. While I didnt use it too much in sims 3, it didnt feel the same in sims 4. along with that it wouldnt allow me to change the controls.
Well, terrain modifying isn't in TS4 yet. It will be in a later update, next month.
Oh hey a Sims thread, fun. Interested in the terrain stuff, honestly it's amazing that since the Sims 2 basically you had to use outside tools to make the world and only now it's becoming an in-game thing, but I'm not complaining.

As for the game itself though...well. I dunno, are you guys enjoying TS4? I'm basically on standby as the expansions come by but honestly I think for me I'm just waiting for TS5 at this point. I really liked a lot of things The Sims 3 did (despite the shitty release and rough start) and this all kinda felt like a step backwards. Like, TS4 feels like a sequel to TS2 and a step back from TS3, and I honestly would have loooooved it back then.

Now tho...I dunno. I like the character creator but everything just feels too small scale. Some of the expansions have been pretty neat though, just not sure about those "game packs".
I really like TS4. IMO, All of the Game Packs are actually pretty fleshed out - especially Jungle Adventures and the Vampire one. I really like the graphics, too.

TS5 isn't coming for a few more years, at least. People expected that we'd be getting news on it, as TS4 will have been out for 5 years by next September, but they say they have a few years of content to release.

I really appreciate the work they put into making TS4 less buggy than TS3/TS2, and that it runs so much smoother.

Years
Y'ALL

GET FAMOUS IS COMING

7XybubO.jpg

More images in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

AM HYPED
cant wait to get this

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Thoughts?
HYPE

I wonder if actor/actress will be like one of those 'join at work' jobs? There's a huge emphasis on acting in the trailer, so that would be kind of cool, if they flesh it out a bit. I liked being able to join my Sims at work, but at least with the jobs I tried previously they got quite repetitive and mundane after a while (like real jobs, I guess!).

And just gonna leave my friend's reaction to this from last week 'cause it made me laugh

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Ya.
I've played The Sims. I've played 1, 3 and Pets. 4 was alright.
I ADORED the third Sims because you can do so much. One thing in particular, I love to control everything (I know that's the whole point), but feeling like god on this game's amazing. There were some moments, where I had focused on one family in particular and I absolutely despised them because sometimes they would blatantly ignore an action I had set the sim to do, or they would delay it.

I also had a family get wiped out, due to a house fire. Somehow, they set the extinguisher AND themselves on fire, so that was a waste of time for me, even when I did help them out.

I guess I'm more of a sadist when it comes to sim tho, due to above.

I tried out Sims mobile; didn't get too far with that. Sims 4 was okay-- also didn't get too far on that.
Don't think I'll get into it again.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I love the Sims so much. I could be considered an 'evil' sims player as I... uh.. yeaaah...

Anyway I find mean sims so hilarious.

Years
Ok. So. Here's my legacy..

It started off with a Sim I created, Eleanor Abbott. She met a townie, Mitchell Kalani.
They had a set of twins, Edgar and Elizabeth. Later on, they had Ellen.

Edgar never married, but Elizabeth met a half-alien, Axel, and married him. When they got married, his two younger half-brothers moved into the house. But, unfortunately they ate bad pufferfish and died in their youth.

Axel and Elizabeth have one child together, Emily. After Emily was born, I decided to the Goth family into the lineage by having Bella have a kid with Caleb Vatore. Emily and Artemis just recently aged up to young adults, and are dating.

Ellen is a vampire, and I always kinda planned to have her be a loner. However, one time I took the family on vacation to Granite Falls, and Axel and Ellen randomly woohoo'd (I only have MC WooHoo, not wickedwhims), and Ellen got pregnant with Emma.

And that's that.

I'm thinking about killing off Elizabeth, Axel, and maybe Ellen, and moving Artemis, Emily, and Emma from Windenburg to Brindleton Bay. Or maybe the new city in Get Famous. :thonk: I'm just tired of having so many sims to manage.

I dunno, I might keep Ellen around for a few more generations.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Ok. So. Here's my legacy..

It started off with a Sim I created, Eleanor Abbott. She met a townie, Mitchell Kalani.
They had a set of twins, Edgar and Elizabeth. Later on, they had Ellen.

Edgar never married, but Elizabeth met a half-alien, Axel, and married him. When they got married, his two younger half-brothers moved into the house. But, unfortunately they ate bad pufferfish and died in their youth.

Axel and Elizabeth have one child together, Emily. After Emily was born, I decided to the Goth family into the lineage by having Bella have a kid with Caleb Vatore. Emily and Artemis just recently aged up to young adults, and are dating.

Ellen is a vampire, and I always kinda planned to have her be a loner. However, one time I took the family on vacation to Granite Falls, and Axel and Ellen randomly woohoo'd (I only have MC WooHoo, not wickedwhims), and Ellen got pregnant with Emma.

And that's that.

I'm thinking about killing off Elizabeth, Axel, and maybe Ellen, and moving Artemis, Emily, and Emma from Windenburg to Brindleton Bay. Or maybe the new city in Get Famous. :thonk: I'm just tired of having so many sims to manage.

I dunno, I might keep Ellen around for a few more generations.

kill them all
2cda3e87c8d45e18cc7e3e931c26a244.jpg

Back