• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I know you keep saying this is general, but I can't help but feel that particular people caused you to post this, if that makes sense. If you're ever having an issue with a particular staff member, mod or higher, please report it to a higher staff (if it's a higher staff member, report it to someone on higher staff that isn't them of course haha). That way, we're able to look into it and take the appropriate actions necessary. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to look at this thread, but if they're PMed about it and spoken to, they'll see that for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely agree that mods should be more than janitors and should do enough with their forums to make them fun. It's also a difficult time of year at the moment though, so take that into account as well. Again, thanks for the feedback. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Quick suggestion. Make some kind of polls where members can vote whether that thread's MOD is suitable or not. Sole purpose is to motivate mods to keep the sub forum up and running. I went through the forum a bit and seems like some sub forums are getting rather neglected. Just closing unnecessary threads and removing mean posts doesnt make you a mod, anyone can do that and people who are running sub forums should prove they are passionate about what they are doing. I personally left so many sub forums cos I felt like people running them didnt really care much. So yeah, here's my two cents.

Note 1: When I say I left sub forums, I mean the time almost a year ago, so Im not talking about anything that recently happened, but complaint is universal and the suggestion applies nevertheless

Note 2: "Im busy" and similar arguments ARE NOT valid arguments. If one doesnt have time or is simply uninterested at the moment to improve the sub forum by creating events and thinking of ways to improve the place, step down. There is nothing wrong with being busy, but if you are not able to do something at the moment, simply let someone else do it in the meantime.
    I know it doesnt seem like a big problem, but just to give an example, I personally pretty much lowered my activity to a minimum cos of this specific problem. Not entirely, but it had a lot to do with me not being active here.

Note 3: Im not complaining about anyone specifically, just something I noticed about this place generally, on a few spots.

Other than that, kudos to all of you running this place and keeping itso frendly and pleasant. Also, a huge shout-out to Revise and Lycan for being so engaged with the Pokemon Trivia, the only sub forum I'm still hanging around at.
    Peace! :)

I think it's also worth mentioning here that, while promoting activity and keeping the forum you moderate active is a big part of the job, the actual, most important job of a moderator is to make sure the rules are being followed in their forum. The reason I say this is because it's the only thing they're uniquely able to do, whereas anyone can run events or promote activity in a section--you don't have to be a moderator to do that.

In fact, a forum works best when everyone is participating and helping to make it a fun place to stay, not just the moderator. If you feel like any particular forum isn't active enough, and you'd like to see some more things happening, there's no reason you can't come up with ideas to get the place going! Just let the moderator of that forum know and they can help you run it (they can, for example, sticky your thread, give emblems out to the winners, make an announcement on the announcement board, etc.)

Edit: Also relevant is that if a forum is "dead" so to speak, and then the moderator stepped down as a result, who do they have to choose from to replace them if no one else has stepped up to the task? If the mod steps down, now all you have is a dead forum with no "janitor" :v (no dedicated one, at least)

Last edited:

Bloodmoon92

Banned
    Years
  • I have a few members of Staff to hand out my props lol.

Shenanigans/Harry as one person above called him. Now I've only talk to him once and he was polite and professional about my questions. I felt that he deserves a thank you because didn't have to message me.

Klippy/Ludger-They both talked to me for a bit I said hello and they both replied. Once again they didn't have to.

Dragon/Sheep-Spreading positivity is something that really made me feel like I could do something small with a big impact on here, they also showed me that post counts and fancy names is just a responsibility thing not a popularity contest.

Everyone else, you are all doing great. I think in due time I'll chat with all of you at least once, but the forums are running very well and it's nice to see the place as more of a big family than a we rule all newvs bite place like the forum I was previously on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yo. I just want to put out a word of encouragement and thanks for shenanigans and all that he contributes to the forums. I honestly don't know where the forums would be if it weren't for his proactive presence on here. He takes on a lot around here, and from just reading a few recent pages from this thread, it's good to know that it doesn't go unnoticed. Keep up the tremendously good work. We appreciate you and I'm so glad you're in the position you're in here, because you deserve it and you utilize your position here to the fullest potential.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Oh wow, thanks guys. That's really encouraging to hear. I really do appreciate it. 8)

Years
  • Oh wow, thanks guys. That's really encouraging to hear. I really do appreciate it. 8)

I'm sure you do, considering you do so much for this forum. You're always the one many have to thank for those name changes and other stuff that you're focused on.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I'm not usually one for commenting on staff in public but:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9144209&postcount=5

This is above and beyond, really have to commend Audy for this as he easily could have stopped at the deletion explanation and left it. I really think he deserves a pat on the back for this one.

33f52dcef96517e1fcc00aa659c53a2a.jpg

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I feel as if the Mods/Admins gang are doing well in their respected areas of the forum. I think that most areas are ran well like the Admins are keeping the place running smooth the Mods taking care of business and such. The only thing I have a problem with is it seems as if there is a "social status" within the color names and normal members as that unless your a fellow higher staff you ain't crap. I know everyone is going to give me flak, but it is best I can say it now. The Mods are great at their job and the Higher staff is okay, but you all seem so high up the popularity ladder that if you are a non supporter, you aren't anything.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I feel as if the Mods/Admins gang are doing well in their respected areas of the forum. I think that most areas are ran well like the Admins are keeping the place running smooth the Mods taking care of business and such. The only thing I have a problem with is it seems as if there is a "social status" within the color names and normal members as that unless your a fellow higher staff you ain't crap. I know everyone is going to give me flak, but it is best I can say it now. The Mods are great at their job and the Higher staff is okay, but you all seem so high up the popularity ladder that if you are a non supporter, you aren't anything.
    That's no good to hear! Do you have any specific examples of when you felt this way? Any strategies you think that can be employed to fix things (if they are as bad as you suggest)?

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I feel as if the Mods/Admins gang are doing well in their respected areas of the forum. I think that most areas are ran well like the Admins are keeping the place running smooth the Mods taking care of business and such. The only thing I have a problem with is it seems as if there is a "social status" within the color names and normal members as that unless your a fellow higher staff you ain't crap. I know everyone is going to give me flak, but it is best I can say it now. The Mods are great at their job and the Higher staff is okay, but you all seem so high up the popularity ladder that if you are a non supporter, you aren't anything.

I recognize what you're referring to. I think that worry can ve nullified by changing your perspective. Because surely you can rationalize that no one would dismiss your opinions and ideas solely because you are a regular member. There's no instant wisdom that comes with being staff or a supporter. So being a good, sociable member will go a long way, and you seem to be doing a fine job of that. :)

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I recognize what you're referring to. I think that worry can ve nullified by changing your perspective. Because surely you can rationalize that no one would dismiss your opinions and ideas solely because you are a regular member. There's no instant wisdom that comes with being staff or a supporter. So being a good, sociable member will go a long way, and you seem to be doing a fine job of that. :)

Well, it is a matter of I feel that when it comes to roles in the community. From my perspective, most members who get more friends, get higher opportunities and emblems for proticapation in events etc.are supporters and Staff. Like for example, the the hang out thing next week. I feel as if I go, I would not receive the Beldam emblem for showing up to said event for the first time. It seems only supporters and Staff receive these incentives.

P.S. I don't mean the supporter incentives like blogs etc.

Years
  • I used to feel the same way too before I was supporter. I was jealous of the extra stuff that the coloured username guys got, and I was worried if I would even get attention, and I can now say the key to succeeding here is to be posting on a heavily active basis. Like Harley said, supporters tend to be active because they sent their donation to help the forum, and while I didn't exactly donate, I probably wouldn't have been as active as I am today.

Sirfetch’d

Like for example, the the hang out thing next week. I feel as if I go, I would not receive the Beldam emblem for showing up to said event for the first time. It seems only supporters and Staff receive these incentives.

I can assure you that everyone who participates in Community Weekend will receive an emblem. We don't hand those out exclusively to staff and supporters. There will be a thread where you can claim one if you show up that day!

Years
  • As Chase said, events tend to award emblems to everyone who participates, not just those with a coloured username, so look on the bright side there.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well, it is a matter of I feel that when it comes to roles in the community. From my perspective, most members who get more friends, get higher opportunities and emblems for proticapation in events etc.are supporters and Staff. Like for example, the the hang out thing next week. I feel as if I go, I would not receive the Beldam emblem for showing up to said event for the first time. It seems only supporters and Staff receive these incentives.

P.S. I don't mean the supporter incentives like blogs etc.

Do you have any hard examples of someone not having received an emblem they earned just because they weren't a supporter/staff? If anyone ever fills the criteria for an emblem and doesn't receive it, you can always contact a moderator and let them know you should have gotten the emblem--they may have just forgotten.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • A thumbs up to the entire PC staff.

I'm sure your job isn't easy. However, it's refreshing to know that after so many years, I can sign back on and come back to a highly active community. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. Keep up the great work.

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I'm know everyone here is really going to hate me on this, but why does a staff member get a special birthday thing with cows and us normal members don't? That is exactly what I was trying to point out! That staff can do this and us normal members don't mean crap... I mean come on! I understand it is their birthday, and I'm happy for them, but equality for everyone here SHOULD be a must not just this higher staff is showered in Cows/Sheep/Roses etc. I know everyone I going to hate me, but right now I'm looking out for me and every normal members futures on this site and which staff member did this you just proved me right. No personal vendettas.

Years
  • I'm know everyone here is really going to hate me on this, but why does a staff member get a special birthday thing with cows and us normal members don't? That is exactly what I was trying to point out! That staff can do this and us normal members don't mean crap... I mean come on! I understand it is their birthday, and I'm happy for them, but equality for everyone here SHOULD be a must not just this higher staff is showered in Cows/Sheep/Roses etc. I know everyone I going to hate me, but right now I'm looking out for me and every normal members futures on this site and which staff member did this you just proved me right. No personal vendettas.

It's typical Audy. He likes to acknowledge the awesomeness of his pair Sylphiel by doing the cows thing on her birthday, as a reference to her original username Cowrie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back