• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
  • Not only is today the release day for HG/SS, its also a far more important day.

its!

P
    I DAY!

So we all get to act irrational for one whole day!

I'm such a dork awesome beyond imagination. lol

Fixed that for you. ;D
    Ugh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Just thinking, perhaps it's time for people to create teams based on the official world championsip rules instead of mucking around with silly made up tiers?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just thinking, perhaps it's time for people to create teams based on the official world championsip rules instead of mucking around with silly made up tiers?

Rofl what ?

World championship (aka anything to do with Nintendo) are a total joke, they don't have clauses apart from item clause (lol) nor do they even ban ubers and yet they ban things like Jirachi and Celebi. :/ "I wonder why people use smogons tiers/rules over this".
    (Maybe because, you know, their tiers and rules don't completely suck ? ~__~ lol)

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • "the rules apply all the time except when there is absolutely no hint of a serious chat then we all go <AAAAA> insane like normal"

~CAP

Great rule imo

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • Uhhhhhh....... I dont know if anyone noticed this, but look. Count them.
    Spoiler:

Just what i guessed. People that get hg\ss are going to come here not knowing how to properly battle, and make things like this. Good for the battle stadium(more people that i can PWN), but bad for here.
    Perhaps we need a community announcement warning everybody.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Uhhhhhh....... I dont know if anyone noticed this, but look. Count them.
    Spoiler:

Just what i guessed. People that get hg\ss are going to come here not knowing how to properly battle, and make things like this. Good for the battle stadium(more people that i can PWN), but bad for here.
    Perhaps we need a community announcement warning everybody.

Don't worry we've already noticed/laughed at it/begun thinking of solutions to crush it. and them.

kekekekeke

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • Just thinking, perhaps it's time for people to create teams based on the official world championsip rules instead of mucking around with silly made up tiers?
    Wow. Do you know why darkrai is banned? You know, huge speed stat, sleep inducing move with about 90% accuracy, pretty good special attack stat. Not to mention, in championship double battles, he could have a bulky guy with roar switching everyone out, putting them all to sleep, then havin darkrai using dream eater to kill them all. Arceus: 120 base of every stat, move that changes type to plate it is holding, already boosting it by 4. Just look here. I could, and any of us could go on and on with this information, but we hope you will figure it out on your own.

Don't worry we've already noticed/laughed at it/begun thinking of solutions to crush it. and them.

kekekekeke
    I was actually thinking of teaching them how to battle.

kekekekeke
    I was actually thinking of teaching them how to battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Wow. Do you know why darkrai is banned? You know, huge speed stat, sleep inducing move with about 90% accuracy, pretty good special attack stat. Not to mention, in championship double battles, he could have a bulky guy with roar switching everyone out, putting them all to sleep, then havin darkrai using dream eater to kill them all. Arceus: 120 base of every stat, move that changes type to plate it is holding, already boosting it by 4. Just look here. I could, and any of us could go on and on with this information, but we hope you will figure it out on your own.

Darkrai and Arceus are both banned in official competition, all you are doing here is showing your own ignorance.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Just thinking, perhaps it's time for people to create teams based on the official world championsip rules instead of mucking around with silly made up tiers?

Tiers aren't made up. They are pokemon that are too powerful for regular play. You don't have to use tiers if you don't want to, you just won't be able to ladder. If you want to use any pokemon, play on the uber ladder.

Nintendo is bad, is also a viable reason. I mean who uses the item clause besides bad people?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I cant use wifi, games aren't compatible with WPA yet. And I dont want to be able to use any pokemon. I want to play under the official rules, rather than using fan-made tiers.

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Darkrai and Arceus are both banned in official competition, all you are doing here is showing your own ignorance.

I have to agree with you on that one.(If you are talking about smogon's tiers). They actually have Garchomp as a legendary!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I have to agree with you on that one.(If you are talking about smogon's tiers). They actually have Garchomp as a legendary!

Uber =/= Legendary.

~______________~

It means that they are too powerful (have 1 or 2 checks and force a massive centralization of the metagame) and can sweep most if not entire teams with relative ease or little set up. The rest of the tiers (except for BL) are based on how often people sue them. You can use any Underused pokemon in any other tier except for one below it. The BL (Borderline) tier is for pokemon that are too powerful in the Underused tier.

lern 2 tiering system.

Uber Tier: Ban list for standard play. Use any Pokemon.
    OU Tier: Any non-Uber pokemon
    BL Tier: Not technically a tier, just a ban tier for UU.
    UU Tier: Any UU, NU, or NFE pokemon.
    NU Tier: Any NU or NFE pokemon.

I hope that cleared some stuff up.

@ Lt. Silver:

Nobody forces you to use tiers, I'm just saying, if you want to battle (on Shoddy Battle) and your going to use Uber tier pokemon, you must get on the Uber Ladder. Otherwise, if you just randomly battle someone, you can use any pokemon you please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow this thread is bad, ill have to make it better by gracing it with my presence!

I cant use wifi, games aren't compatible with WPA yet. And I dont want to be able to use any pokemon. I want to play under the official rules, rather than using fan-made tiers.

Cool, well 99% of other people want "fan made tiers" because they are better than nintendsuck as they actually keep the game in balance, which you would see if you read my last post. For example nintendo don't have Sleep Clause which means i can sleep your entire team with Breloom. Another example of nintendo's bad is banning Jirachi/Celebi (lol) and allowing things like Groudon, Palkia, Kyogre etc this makes NO logical sense. Awesum rulez dood 1/545435435436. Also the other 99% of people wont want to battle you if you use the "official rules/tier" (i use the term 'official' lightly because smogon are the authority on competitive battling and not lolnintendolol) so you wont get any battles. So i mean it might be best to suck it up, do what everyone else does and stop complaining about something so trivial. That or you can battle rarely by travelling across the country to battle in nintendo tourneys, up to you really, i dont care, but complaining about "fan tiers/rules" it isn't going to do anything because every other competitive players uses them and they aren't going to change.

I have to agree with you on that one.(If you are talking about smogon's tiers). They actually have Garchomp as a legendary!

Yeah go make a thread about this then on smogon if you want to take it up with them (and i wish you luck because its been tested time and time again and found to be broken every single time). Ill look forward to seeing the thread in the "Trou Du Cul" section!

Anyway any more terrible posts or Smogon/Garchomp illogical annoyingness and ill just delete them and more than likely infract you too. Pro tip : Go research WHY things are done and put in place before complaining about them. It makes it less painful for everyone. ~_~ Either that or stop trolling or at least learn to do it better. That and it hasn't been funny since like 2006.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Wow this thread is bad, ill have to make it better by gracing it with my presence!

Cool, well 99% of other people want "fan made tiers" because they are better than nintendsuck as they actually keep the game in balance, which you would see if you read my last post. For example nintendo don't have Sleep Clause which means i can sleep your entire team with Breloom. Another example of nintendo's bad is banning Jirachi/Celebi (lol) and allowing things like Groudon, Palkia, Kyogre etc this makes NO logical sense. Awesum rulez dood 1/545435435436. Also the other 99% of people wont want to battle you if you use the "official rules/tier" (i use the term 'official' lightly because smogon are the authority on competitive battling and not lolnintendolol) so you wont get any battles. So i mean it might be best to suck it up, do what everyone else does and stop complaining about something so trivial. That or you can battle rarely by travelling across the country to battle in nintendo tourneys, up to you really, i dont care, but complaining about "fan tiers/rules" it isn't going to do anything because every other competitive players uses them and they aren't going to change.

Anyway any more terrible posts or Smogon/Garchomp illogical annoyingness and ill just delete them and more than likely infract you too. Pro tip : Go research WHY things are done and put in place before complaining about them. It makes it less painful for everyone. ~_~ Either that or stop trolling or at least learn to do it better. That and it hasn't been funny since like 2006.

Didn't complain about anything, made a suggestion, stated my opinion and defended it. The banned pokemon are event legendaries, which makes a lot of sense as not everyone as access to such pokemon. How can the game not be balanced if everyone is capable of doing the same things? The limit of 2 uber non-event legendaries is a perfectly acceptable rule. I am perfectly aware of why smogon has decided upon such things; however I disagree with them, is that not allowed?
    Furthermore I have used shoddy and battled using tiers, "done what everyone else does" if you will.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Didn't complain about anything, made a suggestion, stated my opinion and defended it. The banned pokemon are event legendaries, which makes a lot of sense as not everyone as access to such pokemon. How can the game not be balanced if everyone is capable of doing the same things? The limit of 2 uber non-event legendaries is a perfectly acceptable rule. I am perfectly aware of why smogon has decided upon such things; however I disagree with them, is that not allowed?
    Furthermore I have used shoddy and battled using tiers, "done what everyone else does" if you will.

You can disagree, honestly everyone has their own opinion. However, you shouldn't be like politicians who openly state their opinions in places where people disagree with you (Anti can make a better example, but kind of like Franklin Roosevelt going to Nazi Germany and stating his opinions). Furthermore, you attacked the tiering system from the get-go with your first post, even if you didn't mean to word it that way.

If you really care that much about "Pokemon VGC rules" being official vs. our "silly fan-made tiers", don't come to this forum or to Smogon. Find a place that will agree with you, and engage in battles there.

Years
  • Didn't complain about anything, made a suggestion, stated my opinion and defended it. The banned pokemon are event legendaries, which makes a lot of sense as not everyone as access to such pokemon. How can the game not be balanced if everyone is capable of doing the same things? The limit of 2 uber non-event legendaries is a perfectly acceptable rule. I am perfectly aware of why smogon has decided upon such things; however I disagree with them, is that not allowed?
    Just go to smogon and you'll find extensive essays explaining why they do the things they do. I guarantee you they have more and better reasons for their opinions than you do.
    No offense, just stating a fact. Smogon is used as an authority for a darn good reason.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Okay, so I need someone to take over being my tutor. Corndog is awful and insists on using stupid combinations and not having Toxic Spikes to support an Empoleon sweep. ~__________~

Also, for a hint of what I'm dealing with, read the quote in my sig.

So, with that in mind, I'm now accepting applications or those who wish to tutor me. =]]]

Lengthy IRC log of what I missed.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back