• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "What are you listening to?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Now Playing: Skinny Love - Birdy

This is actually a cover of Bon Iver's song, "Skinny Love." I first heard it on The Vampire Diaries, and it just created this emotion feeling for me given the events that had occurred during the ending of the episode. Since then, I've played this song about 153 times.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm listening, with a very somber heart, to the final soundtrack (by Alexandre Desplat) to the greatest series ever: Harry Potter. Right now I'm listening to the track Statues. It's by far one of my favorites of the series and brings out a lot of emotion!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Currently I'm going through the Original Broadway Cast Recording of The Book of Mormon as I'm not going to be able to see it for nearly a year (if at all). It's so, so good so far. The fave entrant so far is 'Hasa Diga Eebowai': a wonderful parody of Hakuna Matata with a filthy edge.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Travelling Man on Chameleon Circuit's newest album, Still Got Legs (which I have on repeat, yes. :3). Totally adoring this song. It feels a bit like some of Alex's Soup Sessions tracks and is just extremely beautiful. Has a kind of lonely feel to it though, but that just makes it better.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, I was listening to Heart of Gold by At The Skylines, but then I got bored and decided to change it to CACAFUEGO, Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion! by I Set My Friends On Fire. :)

It's from their new album, Astral Rejection.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    A shuffle through my iTunes brought up a track I haven't listened to for a fair while, Hold Your Colour my Pendulum. I might actually end up going through another DnB phase because of this
    If you want D&B check out Black Sun Empire, Goldie, Dom & Gridlok, DJ Dara, and this YouTube channel.

@Aerilyn: I really enjoy that cover, sometimes I think I like it more than the original, but I can never decide. If you like Bon Iver he's just released a new album that I think is great.

As for me, I'm listening to Kanye West - Lord Lord Lord. One of his best songs imo, really glad I found out about his G.O.O.D Friday project. Mos Def's verse is great, and it's nothing like what he's done before; even if you don't like Kanye this is worth a listen.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Now Playing: Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

I fell in love with this song when I first listened to it. Demi's vocal range and emotion makes it just phenomenal. I cried when I first listened to it. I just had to buy it on iTunes.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Down From The Sky by Trivium.

Probably one of my favorite songs by them, they've been a real influence on my own metal style on guitar.

Years
  • The "What are you listening to?" Thread

Hawaii by No Joy

Trippy song, I've been meaning to listen to this band for a while and I'm glad I finally got around to it. The album isn't half-bad either, but unfortunately this song is definitely the highlight of it. Sounds very indie and grungey at the same time, with female vocals. They've got a sound that's as if you've heard it before but unique at the same time.​

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Now Playing: Love You Like A Love Song by Selena Gomez & The Scene
    Ever since I bought her album on iTunes, I've become addicted to this song. I like the beat, a lot. One of her best songs she's released so far.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Throes of Perdition by Trivium. One of the songs that's influenced my style lately.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Now Playing: Lumos! (Hedwig's Theme) - John Williams

From the original soundtrack of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Pokémon aside, this is probably one of the most nostalgic songs of my childhood growing up. It's one tune that I never wound up forgetting. As the movies came to an end for me, I had a strong desire to play this score over again.

Years
  • Listening to Before the Beginning by John Frusciante.
    Recommended to be listened to at maximum volume in the pitch black dark.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Angels - Within Temptation

Within Temptation would have to be one of my favorite bands. First discovered this band while watching a Tales of Symphonia tribute. >3>

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    As of right now I'm listening to Public Pervert by Interpol.

Paul Banks has a really unique, compelling voice and the album Antics is just good all round. There isn't a song from it that I don't like. Interpol are usually described as post-punk or indie rock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back