• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Im thinking of starting another play through shortly and I would love to grab a random breeding reject level 1 for my team from wonder trade. Especially pokemon you can get until late game or one you cant get in X and Y at all. But i really don't like throwing worthless route 2 pokemon up on the wonder trade. 6th generation problems.

Does anyone know how rare Garden Vivillons are? Could throw a couple of those out onto the WT if they aren't too common.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I traded away about a box full of Phione. Too bad there's no way they can evolve to Manaphy, that surely would have made some people happy. xD

Its a little bid sad that there are still so many people breeding and Wonder Trading Charmander and Froakie because I'm kinda sick of seeing them (well, besides the early game rodents)...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I just get rubbish from WT.

Keep trying, and make sure to check some the Pokemon you get for IVs and abilities. Sometimes you get stuff that, at a glance, looks like crap, but if you look at it more, you'll see that it isn't that bad.

Although lately I haven't had much luck in Wonder Tade either...

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The biggest thing that bothers me about others breeding leftovers is most people don't mark the IV and some people mark Pokemon that have no IV.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • The biggest thing that bothers me about others breeding leftovers is most people don't mark the IV and some people mark Pokemon that have no IV.
    I used to keep track of Pokemon by using the markers, but now that I breed (and know what IVs are), I only use those marks for tracking IVs.

I imagine other people could have the same reasons for "miss-marking"

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I'm also aiming to win first prize in the ID Loto, simply because I feel like I have a chance now compared to other games xD

I save everywonder trade I recieve no matter what just for the ID Lotto. Last night I hit a four number win which got me the responce that I got First Prize. I am guessing that means that the game says something like "jackpot" or "Grand Prize" when you hit all five. The prize for hitting four numbers is a rare candy, which I probably won't use.... But it felt really nice to win the prize.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Over the course of today, I'll be sending two boxes of Lv. 1 Staryu, Timid with at least 3 perfect IVs holding Rare Candy. Seems fitting for New Year's Eve :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    What's also a "good" thing about Wonder Trade is that you get pokemiles. And what can you do with pokemiles? Buy Rare Candies for 500 miles in Lumiouse City. But i guess most of you knows that.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    What's also a "good" thing about Wonder Trade is that you get pokemiles. And what can you do with pokemiles? Buy Rare Candies for 500 miles in Lumiouse City. But i guess most of you knows that.

Note that Rare Candies are only 250 miles on the Global Link, a way better deal ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    Wonder trading is amazing. It was how I got a good portion of my pokedex filled out. The very first thing I ever got in a wonder trade was an Amoongus with pokerus. And once I got a Rhydon that evolved into Rhyperior. You might have to do it a lot, but you can and will get good pokemon from WT.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • What I like about Wonder Trade is that I get tons of Pokemon from different Regions such as Japan, France etc. :)

Reading their 'dexin different languages is fun and pretty different from your region :P

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • A few wonder trades and I get a Protean Froakie and a Gale Wings Adamant Fletchling. Maybe I'll get some more competitively viable Pokemon in wonder trade, as I really don't wanna breed.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Today I was able to get Treecko and Mudkip, a bunch of Torchic and Charmander, a couple of Froakie, and other gems, particularly a lovely Meowth ♥

Years
  • I've gotten a few Pokémon with Japanese, Italian and Korean origins. It's really fun. I've also noticed the high amount of level 1 Pokémon being traded, I'm guessing they didn't turn out how their breeders wanted.

Years
  • A few days back I got a Lv. 83 Adamant Duoblade and a Hydreigon. That was a good day. :9 Also got some JP Dittos and a jolly Shroomish.
    I usually just put out Rotoms in WT, but since I've started breeding Pokemon Bank Pokemon, I've started giving out those guys.
    I've also thought about WT-ing the legendaries in my Nuzlocke Y game, y'know, just to make some people happy. ;P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back