• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The World Ends With You Fan Club

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    WHAT?

YOU ZETTA SONS OF DIGITS FORMED A FANCLUB AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME?

You had better prepare to be iterated for this. I'll run you all through a zero matrix, I swear I will!

JOINS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Welcome AC Coda X and Skywolfdragon!
    I have added you to teh list.

New Topic: Would you like to see a TWEWY 2?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Umm... No it would kill the series.
    Although, the concept of a game like it would be good, just need to hope for another great game from Square

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm, I actually think a TWEwY 2 would be pretty cool.

But, the thing is, it'd have to be an entirely new cast, with a newer storyline, just with the same setting, game, rules, etc. I wouldn't want a Neku-Shiki-Joshua-Beat cast all over again, that'd be boring. But having a new cast, new plot, but same concept; that would be fun. :>

If that... makes sense. xD;

SkywolfDragon

"Now, let's see how you dance!
    Years
    Who's Up for some Sho Quotes......

(It's x 2) DIE!
    SINE!
    COSINE!
    TANGENT!
    CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
    Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freaking moon.
    (Written on a junk pile.)
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!
    (Written on a junk pile.)
    You're so zetta slow!
    ("Zetta-" is a prefix used for metric (SI) measurements, and is equivalent to 1021, or one sextillion.)
    Factoring Hectopascals
    (Pascal is a SI unit for pressure and thus, cannot be factored.)
    Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally!
    (It's a mnemonic for Parenthesis; Exponentials; Multiplication; Division; Addition; Subtraction)
    SOH-CAH-TOA! ("Some Old Horses Can Always Hear Their Owner Approach" or "Slabs of Ham, Celery And Horseradish, Tons Of Asparagus")
    (It's a mnemonic for trigonometric functions: Sine = Opposite / Hypotenuse; Cosine = Adjacent / Hypotenuse; Tangent = Opposite / Adjacent)
    Attention, all yoctograms!
    ("Yocto-" is a metric (SI) prefix that is equivalent to 10-24, or one septillionth.)
    This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time.
    What the factor took so long?
    Who gives a digit?
    Stupid 000s!
    You're outta your vector!
    Die, radians!
    The world is garbage!
    Inverse matrix!
    You zetta sons of digits!
    INFINITY!
    FOIL; First outer inner last!
    Where's your beauty?
    3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937 510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211 706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111!
    (The first 156 digits of pi.)
    Alright, it's time...
    Hmm? Why, hello! This mic is zetta sexy!
    Prepare to be iterated

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016

I'd love a new TWEWY. But as mentioned before, they'd have give it sort of a "Final Fantasy" effect(New Story and Charaters) but still keep the same formula. The thing with TWEWY is that all of it's flaws can easily be made up for by one of it's benefits. So in order for a proper sequel to be made, Square must not try to Improve on it's formula but to complement. Have a bunch of new, but intriging characters who have to play the reapers game. Add a new, yet tasteful twist to the game. For example, the Week Two GM appears in front of the players halfway in the week and commits suicide. Thus causing confusion and chaos within the game. That's when you get to flesh out new aspects of the story that can explain some loose ends with the first game.(i.e. more info on Joshua and the Producers)

As for new reapers, just give them unique personalities like before. As long as they don't add some self-righteous douche who quotes the Bible, it'll be fine.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    *Changes mind*

Actually, it wouldn't be bad.
    Keep the Reapers though, they were fine.
    Maybe being able to choose our character?

Years
    -Hmm, I'm not sure...I love the 1st 1 & it does have replay value...I'd like to see it with the same reapers & stuff & along the same story line. If they did make another 1 I'd be afraid of the generic crappy sequel :/

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    -Hmm, I'm not sure...I love the 1st 1 & it does have replay value...I'd like to see it with the same reapers & stuff & along the same story line. If they did make another 1 I'd be afraid of the generic crappy sequel :/

Like I said before, Square can't make a sequel. Only a game that compliments the first. Also I'd like to note that TWEWY did well in America because it offered insight into modern Japanese culture. In TWEWY 2 it might be a good idea to do the same thing for another country, it'll be an intresting concept for the game to be set in another modern influenced area like Paris, London, or Barcelona.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Hey welcome to the club.
    even though you already welcomed yourself by putting a support banner in your sig xD

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Welcome, TheT-man! Anyways guys, I finnally beat the game! I hadn't touched my game in 2 weeks because I couldn't beat the last boss, but now I did. Right before the last battle Megumi and Shiki dropped Lighting Rook. It was great! Anyways, new topic.

New Topic: Have you beat the game? :o

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've beaten the game and collected/done everything. :]

The only thing I don't have a star in is points/rank because that'll take FOREVER. D8 I also haven't maxed everyone out. Joshua and Neku have a bravery of 999, but Beat and Shiki are only around 500, I think? And then Joshua, Neku and Beat have their ATK/DEF maxed but Shiki isn't that close. XD; But um... yeah. I've beaten it.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Like I said before, Square can't make a sequel. Only a game that compliments the first. Also I'd like to note that TWEWY did well in America because it offered insight into modern Japanese culture. In TWEWY 2 it might be a good idea to do the same thing for another country, it'll be an intresting concept for the game to be set in another modern influenced area like Paris, London, or Barcelona.

I... don't think so, actually. Half of the character of the original TWEWY is the fact that it was set in Shibuya, the center of Japan's youth culture. If there was to be a second TWEWY, the designers would have to not only find a new city with its own youth culture, it would also have to be an area heavily dominated by shopping, etc. Besides, The World Ends With You was basically built around Shibuya. Trying to change locations would be like trying to switch a house's foundation without moving the house.

Me? If there's a second TWEWY I think it should be a prequel giving us insight into the lives of some of the Reapers or Joshua. While it's established that Megami, Ram-Crotch, and most of the other reapers have been in the business for a while, we have no idea how long Sho's been in the business so there's room for an origin story. Likewise, it might be fun to see how Joshua became a composer. All of these people had to play the game at some point, so it would be interesting at the very least to see how they played through it and why they made the decisions they did when they won.

If there was going to be a continuation of the original TWEWY.... it might have to be centered around someone taking Joshua's place as the Composer and trying to screw with Shibuya. Neku and the others might or might not get sucked back into the game when they try to figure out what's going on. Either that or it could give us some insight into the angels and Hanekoma.

There's enough questions that can be raised about TWEWY that I almost think there's room for a sequel.

Back