• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thesis's OT fic guide: "What not to include", Part One

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
This has given me quite a few helpful tips on my story, so Thank you. I have also read Dragonfree's story "Quest for Legends"(I don't really remember it anymore, I just remember reading it...) but i also thought it was interesting and quite good.

I am making a story and didn't plan on having a rival, but now you have convinced me and it fits in perfectly with my story.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Heh.
Well, more stuff to show how terribly cliched things can be (such as my fic)
-sigh-
Well, at least there wasn't any bacon or Recko nicknames.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
Years
I really like this guide. It's funny, and its informative. I try to avoid some of those cliches, though I always nickname Pokemon...

Oh, and in part 3. You mentioned that the evil teams seem more like a gang than a team, right? THat's because in the original Japanese, Team Rocket's name was actually the Rocket-Dan, which translates roughly to Rocket Gang. Of course, you can't put gangs in a kid's TV show/ video game, so they changed it to team so it would be more appropriate for all ages, I guess.

And also, I tend to use Japanese names in my fanfictions; I actually look up what I need the name to mean for the character to make sense and name it that. Like my character Nami, for example. The name Nami means wave in Japanese, and in my story, she has power over water. So as long as the Japanese names fit the character's personality/ power (if the character has any), its okay. Plus, they eat some Japanese food (onigiri, sushi, etc) and I tend to refer to the group as "(insert name here)-tachi" because that means "(insert name here) and the others" for Japanese. It's a lot easier than typing out all their names.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, I know SailorShadow bumped the thread, but I assume Thesis is going to post more, or something like that. That said, SailorShadow, double-check the last post date of the thread before posting.

So as long as the Japanese names fit the character's personality/ power (if the character has any), its okay.
It also depends on the culture that the character is in. You could have a character that perfectly fits a Japanese name, but if the character is in a culture/area that the name would be weird in, then why give them a name to have them stick out more?

Let's take your character, Nami. She's probably surrounded by people with Japanese names. She also has her special power over water. But if she's around people whose names are of a different culture, why mark Nami out more as a "special" character by giving her a name that makes her stand out?

There also really isn't any need for a character to have a power just to have a Japanese name. One of my characters has a Japanese name, no special powers at all that mark her different from the people that she's mainly with. But she's a Japanese girl living in Japan, growing up in a traditional Japanese household. Of course she's going to have a Japanese name.

I tend to refer to the group as "(insert name here)-tachi" because that means "(insert name here) and the others" for Japanese. It's a lot easier than typing out all their names.
Sometimes, when dealing with a large group of people, authors use a "group name". For one of my fanfics where I have six characters together pretty much all the time, I use the term that they call themselves (Chosen Children) in the narration. The rest of my narration is in English, so why should I use "-tachi" in the narration when the characters have their own group name that's in English?

It just strikes me as weird to use a random Japanese term in the narration unless the group calls themselves that. I'll admit to never reading your fanfic, so I don't know what the case is. I'm just of the camp that random Japanese anything should be used in the fic unless the location/culture/characters/plot calls for it.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
Years
My story takes place in Japan, so most of the characters have Japanese names, except a few that had moved from other countries, etc. When I had the idea for the story, though, I already had it planned for the character to have power over water. So I looked up Japanese names that mean water. But, yes, it should fit the culture/location/plot. So if its in France, it wouldn't make much sense for them to have a Russian name unless the character had moved there or something.

There's a term for every character in the group, but the large group is split into 2 parts according to what their goal is. So one includes a few, and the other has a few, but I decided not to give each part a formal name.
But thanks for pointing this out to me. Most of my stories give the groups formal names, but the story I mentioned is different than the ones I usually write.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
I like your guide. I understand people have got so bored with Journey Fictions, mostly because no one finishes them because they're journeys and they may believe they need to describe every town, battle, wild catch and city. Although, you can't slate those who just want to write one. It's their choice.

Anywho, all these cliche fan fictions also do help us to make awesome parodies, whey! I'm currently writing a fan fiction journey because I wanted to. I've had a few people like it due to originality in the journey, but as we all do. We're doing it for ourselves.

Right, there is my polite rant. You can have evil clans and such, but having organisations like Rocket is boring. Add in some Ivory poachers trying to take a Donphan on the news and the character may or may not come across them and just talk about the report with someone. I don't know really what my post here is trying to say, I guess it's defending the odd cliché and liking your guide aswell.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
The scene is the top of a tall building, as rain pours down from above. Thesis, the mighty warrior of all that is shiny and distracting, is facing his dreaded foe, that fiend known as "Rea Llifed Istractions". Both swing their mighty blades at each other, until at last, Thesis's shoulder is pierced.

RLI: Tell me what part of your online activities you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away...

Thesis suddenly remembers the countless RPs he has been part of, his long-neglected fanfic, and his guide, which still waits for him. With a roar, he swings his mighty blade and sends his opponent flying into the air!

Thesis: I pity you... you just don't understand! There is not a part of the Pokecommunity forums that I do not cherish!

With a mighty swing, Thesis unleashes a barrage of blows that completly annihilate his opponent- first clearing up his dreaded "homework Masamune", then his "Social life", and finally crushing his "commitment to after-school activities".

The villain is vanquished but manages to croak his final words before vanishing...

RLI: I will never... be a memory....

Thesis prepares to leave, but suddenly, RLI's henchman, Thesis's obligation to his after-school job appears, with a loaded weapon! Thesis charges, but-

CLICK.​

The writing staff of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children have contacted Thesis and respectfully requested that his parody end here. Actually, they probably would have liked it if he hadn't posted it in the first place.

Thesis's Official Cliche Guide Part Four: Advent

Well gang, it's been a while. Why have I been avoiding the guide? Well, mostly the lack of anything obvious to put in it. I mean, I've covered pretty much everything- rivalries, evil "teams", super-weapons, legendary captures, abysmally inappropriate nicknames, and on down the list- really, I thought, how much was left for me to put in here? Aside from that, I've been busy lately, what with school starting again. I'm a leading member of my school's debate and cross country team, and I'm taking an advanced English course so that I can prepare for eventually pursuing a major in either English or American literature when I go off to college in 2010. And yes, that does mean I'm a junior in high school. Now you know. Anyway, aside from those major distractions, I've had a few minor ones- say, being an active member on three (count 'em) communities, writing something that I'm trying to turn into a novel (hence the lack of updates on Thief in the Night), writing reviews on abysmally messed up or just plain bad fantasy in general (Dragons in our Midst=Worst. Christian. Fantasy. Series. Ever. No. Just no.) And when that's said and done, I just received a gamecube (yes, you read that right) from a friend, and I'm using that as an excuse to finally play some of the "Tales Of" series, which I've been meaning to do forever.

Obviously, the guide has been a bit low on my list of priorities right now.

But that changes today. After reading some OT fanfics, both here and on other sites, I've realized that there's still things that need to be addressed. And aside from that, I just realized that PMD fics are experiencing a huge upswing lately, on this forum at least, and they're probably the second most popular genre of fanfic. And after that, it occured to me that I hadn't even mentioned Pokemorphs yet- and yes, technically, that's a different genre sometimes, but I feel like doing it, so I will.

So, I think now that the original purpose of this guide has been somewhat fulfilled, it's time to expand it. I will be PMing Astinus to change the name of the thread to "Thesis's Official Guide to Pokemon Fanfiction Cliches" as soon as I get around to it. Now, without further ado, on to the first cliche!

Copyright Infringement? (Also: Copypasta, or "Clip, Clip, Paste, Paste")

Ah, fanfiction, fanfiction. It's a lovely little place where we can all get together and have fun playing with original characters in somebody else's world, right?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTT!

That was my patented danger-alarm going off as I see another fic doomed to screaming, shattering, sub-par quality. The plot, characters, and motivations were all sound. What, then, doomed this fic? Well, mostly the fact that the characters didn't belong to the author.

Seriously, folks, don't pull a Paolini and just rewrite Star Wars, or Yu-Gi-Oh, or Final Fantasy VII, or Fire Emblem, or The Matrix, or what have you and then add Pokemon somehow, change a few names, and think you're writing a good fic. Obviously, this rule does not apply to crackfics, but otherwise it's sound. Yes, the image of Professor Oak cosplaying as Gandalf is amusing. But "Lord of the Master Balls" is not a fic that I'll be reading anytime soon unless it's a genuine parody. Sure, you may pull it off. Sure, you may even come up with something better or more original than the average fic. But what's the point if the ideas don't come from you? Sure, everyone seems to have thought of the same idea over and over. But that doesn't mean you can just grab copyrighted material and use it to get popular. If it's not your story, don't write it. Being influenced by published material is one thing. Raping it and turning it into a poor imitation is another thing altogether. For the love of Pete, folks, listen to me. Do not violate the sanctity of another's work.

(For the record, the other day I found a Pokemon fic where the main character owned a Scyther, got kicked out of his home village, and introduced himself with the line "Give me your name, and I shall give you mine." No, I'm not kidding. I wiped my history, so I don't have the link, but if I ever find it again, I will post it here to show you what I'm talking about.)

Chosen One Syndrome (AKA, Touched by a Legendary)

Okay, seriously, I think I've gone over this before, but I think it's time for an actual comparison between a well-done chosen one, and a poorly done cliched one. Let's look at examples of a poor "Chosen One", like those found in most badfics:

-Is given powers by a Legendary Pokemon, and they're almost always extremely flashy. They have done virtually nothing to deserve these powers.
-Is undefeatable... except when the long arm of the plot decides they need to lose and get captured by the bad guys, who will then proceed to say "I have you now, Mr. Bond!" and proceed to reveal their evil plans.
-They will fall in love. Their love will be epic. If their original love interest dies, he/she will either be resurrected at the end or replaced.
-Their powers get a super-mega-awesome boost near the end of the story. This enables them to fight the final boss antagonist on even footing.
-If the chosen one dies, it will be because they sacrificed themself to save the world.

By contrast, here's a "chosen one" done right: Bilbo Baggins, main character of The Hobbit.

-Gandalf chooses him to be a "burglar", not on the basis that he has some sort of hidden ability, but because he is "more than he appears"- in other words, he has actual depth as a character.
-All of his special "powers" are simply skills that he picks up. His sword, his one real weapon, is stolen from trolls who tried to kill him. His ring of invisibility (The One Ring, though we don't find that out until Fellowship) becomes his by a stroke of luck, true, but he has to outwit Gollum and steal it in order to get his hands on it.
-He grows as a character throughout the story, but retains several flaws, including impatience and a desire to quit the journey altogether. But he keeps going in spite of them.
-Love interest? What's that?
-While Bilbo is instrumental in finding Smaug's weakness, he isn't the one to deliver the final blow- that honor goes to Bard.
-Ultimately, Bilbo's actions free the people of Lake-town from the dragon and restore the dwarves' kingdom, but indirectly.
-He is able to feel very real pain, fear, and doubt.

See the difference?

Aside from that, I'd like to point out that your character need not be chosen by a Legendary Pokemon or a Shadowy Organization (TM). Get creative! Bilbo didn't know he was destined to save the people of Lake-town indirectly. All he knew was that a strange old man roped him into a quest that he didn't particularly want to go on anway, and he had to either go with the flow or sink. And so he went.

Well, that's all for now. Part V will be forthcoming soon... but until then...

MAY YOUR POKEMON STAY EV TRAINED.​

"In other news, Thesis has been lynched today by a mob of crazed Eragon fanboys, for daring to criticize young hearthrob super-special-awesome mega-cool teenaged wonderboy author Christopher Paolini. In official statements, Knox publishing gave no comment..."

Bay

Years
Huh, funny you should mention another part of Chosen One fics because I too am planning on one, but with a twist. Hint: inspired by the trailer of the movie "Eagle Eye." XD

*coughs*

In any case, another informative guide here, Thesis. However, on the love interest thing-- I don't think that makes a Chosen One fic that bad. If done right, then I think the relationship between the two characters will be interesting. However, I understand that most of the time the realtionship would end up cliche and not creative.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Huh, funny you should mention another part of Chosen One fics because I too am planning on one, but with a twist. Hint: inspired by the trailer of the movie "Eagle Eye." XD

*coughs*

In any case, another informative guide here, Thesis. However, on the love interest thing-- I don't think that makes a Chosen One fic that bad. If done right, then I think the relationship between the two characters will be interesting. However, I understand that most of the time the realtionship would end up cliche and not creative.

Eh, it's more that the cliche is that it will always happen... and it'll either end up something like a bizarre anime relationship where X is traveling with Y, X and Y share a love-hate relationship that for no reason other than the demands of the plot call for it blossoms into romance, and X and Y live happily ever after, or it'll be like a bad rendition of Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. I hate those books. >.<

Romance is really too big, I think, to put into a story where it is not the main focus. I don't advocate it in fanfiction where the point of the story is the journey unless you're confident you can balance them without having one overshadow the other.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
Years
If their original love interest dies, he/she will either be resurrected at the end or replaced.

Does this apply to non-chosen one characters too? And I think it's possible to ressurect a character without it ruining the story, just a bit difficult.

Great guide as always though.

FF VII parody. Lol.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I don't know what I dare to write anymore!

I had bad guys using Pokémon instead of guns, but I thought that it was because guns are prohibited and long forgotten in Pokémon universe. You don't see them in games, do you? But, well, now all I can think about are the cliches, stupidities and plot holes I'm sure my fic is full. You've made me paranoid, Thesis! Darn you and all your offspring for centuries to come!

Anyway, what you do here is very, very useful. And funny. I've laughed many times. Actually, I'm so new to this Pokémon-fanfic-world that is out there I have never really read more than, say two fanfics. So, I did not know there are people that... unimaginitive in this world. Now I am truly frightened. People are often even more frightening than Medicham are. Brrh.

I truly think this world would be a better place (when it comes to literature) if every human being on this planet would read this. Or listen to the small voice of reasonality in their head. Anyway, thank you for being awesome. That's all I have to say.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I don't know what I dare to write anymore!

I had bad guys using Pokémon instead of guns, but I thought that it was because guns are prohibited and long forgotten in Pokémon universe. You don't see them in games, do you? But, well, now all I can think about are the cliches, stupidities and plot holes I'm sure my fic is full. You've made me paranoid, Thesis! Darn you and all your offspring for centuries to come!

Why, thank you!

And secretly, I've always thought there are gun control laws in the poke-verse similar to those in Japan. It doesn't explain why the Rockets couldn't just scrounge them up, though. I mean, they are our resident criminal masterminds. 0.o

Anyway, what you do here is very, very useful. And funny. I've laughed many times. Actually, I'm so new to this Pokémon-fanfic-world that is out there I have never really read more than, say two fanfics. So, I did not know there are people that... unimaginitive in this world. Now I am truly frightened. People are often even more frightening than Medicham are. Brrh.

Oh, you haven't yet read the exploding Charizard fic. XD

I truly think this world would be a better place (when it comes to literature) if every human being on this planet would read this. Or listen to the small voice of reasonality in their head. Anyway, thank you for being awesome. That's all I have to say.

*Pats on the head* Very good. Now, anyone else want to stroke my ego today?

Monkeymon

Inactive
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
Whoa, I really do not know what to say. This is great, I really learned a lot. Many would, but still. Wow.
This definitely is one of the most informative things I have ever read. Maybe a section on romance stories would be good. I haven't read any here, but I have seen some really bad ones. Don't feel pressured though.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
No way this thread can be forgotten.

This has been quite useful to me. And not to say fun. It's like, what do they say, "edutainment"?

When I opened the document containing my first Pokémon FF, with this guide side by side, I could do no less than laugh at myself for being so silly. I still think t was well written (I mean, good grammar and that kind of stuff), but plot-wise my FF was simply "OT naïveness". I'm looking for inspiration to rewrite it, and this guide, as well as the comments, have been of great help.

As for comments:

Thesis said:
Leave the guns. Take the Zubat.

This happens time and time again: ten-year-old (well, usually fifteen or older) trainer confronts one or more "grunts" of a major organization. The grunts are disgruntled (no pun intended) that this runt is interfering with their plans, and so decide to teach him a lesson-

Through a Pokemon battle. No, they don't just beat the crap out of the kid with their bare hands or hit him with an iron pipe, as logic would dictate they should. They don't even threaten him with a weapon. They just pull their Pokeball and yell "Go!" and it's another battle, albeit one with the opponent wearing a bizarre cap and black spandex. (Which reminds me- what is it with the Rocket uniforms? Are they meant to look ridiculous, or is that a fashion statement wherever Giovanni lives?)

So true. Ever since Johto in the anime I had a trouble with TR simply not picking up with tasers to steal the Trainer's Pokémon. It would have made things so easier, if that was just what they wanted. In the end I resorted to believing the Rockets were simply too eccentric or too pro-superiorism to be willing to get their hands dirty, which is what usually happens when someone goes fistcuffs. They woud rather let the Pokémon do the dirty job and instruct them to "try" and look cool-menacing all the way. Geez.

Augustus the Babbling Pidgeot said:
Go, Blaze!... Ten bucks it's a Charmander.

I have to laugh at the practice of you humans giving us nicknames. Really, it's amusing watching you try to think of a proper name for us. Unfortunately, you humans are rarely creative. Why, I've spent the past weeks reading... what is it you humans call this again? "Journeyfics"? And I've noticed an alarming tendency to use annoyingly generic names for your Pokemon. Think about it- if, as you humans insist you do, give Pokemon nicknames in order to differentiate us from every other member of our species, then shouldn't you be trying to make sure that the idiot three links down isn't running around with a starter Pokemon with the exact same name?

Man that was really fun to read. I mean fun with a meaning. In the beginning I did not think about even try to name the Pokémon in my fic, but then Me told me, "why not?", and then I stumbled in the problem of how to pick good names. Several times I felt compelled by laziness and was about to settle with those pathetic names like, say, "Bulby", "Blaze", "Willy" and even "Dee-Dee". Hew. The I got to a site with the meaning of some common names (for babies and the such), and I told me, "hey, me, likes mythology, don't you?" Result: I picked some books from the garage, wikipedia'ed some articles about religions and historical names, and I think I'm coming up with good names. For example, I have one trainer who named all of his Pokémon after the animal servants of several deities.

Augustus the Wisey Pidgeot said:
All glory to the hypno-Legendary...

Canon or not, I'm sick of every fic with a so-called "journey" theme wandering off into Legendary-land. For heaven's sakes, those Pokemon you call "Legendary" happen to be the patron deities of Pokemon in many canon interpretations, particularly anime and some fan-made canons created by combing anime, game, and manga. They can't be involved in everyone's problems.

Finally a cliché I'm not guilty of!--- at least, one I can be proud for. I somehow never let my work to wander off into Legendary-land. I only made two mentions of Pokémon legendary-ness and they were by-passing: when one of the main characters meets Bill, and another when a characters mentions he once met an Arcanine in a cave (and those do not exactl quailfy as "Legendary", it may be more like "mythical-ness"). And my trainer are DEFINITIVELY not touched ones / chosen ones / any other kid of magnets for legendaries.

All in all I have to say this is an excellent guide. I'll fav it and watch it with zeal, side by side with the FF I'm trying to review.

PD.: the "All glory to the Hypno-Legendary" is a reference to Futurama's Hypnotoad, isn't it? I laughed at it. It's like, particularily fitting reference for the section. You really deserve standing applause!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
A man walks into a bar.

It hurts.

But it also shows the beginning of...

THE GUIDE! PART VI! Giga.... Drill...BURREKA!!!!!!​

Alright, now that the Gurren Lagann is out of my system, it's time to actually go on to this part of my guide. I'll be touching on a few things I haven't done before, so listen carefully. Also, if you're one of the people whose fanfics inspired me to put these things up here... well, I'll honor you by NOT mentioning your names. You know who you are. *shifty eyes*

Ahem... moving on to my first section. WARNING: THIS CONCEPT IS NOT SAFE FOR THE EYES OF CHILDREN UNDER FOURTEEN.

The only thing in the Pokeverse more disturbing than SkittyonWailord action...

Pokemon and humans having a sexual attraction to each other.

No. Just no.

Seriously, I don't know what it is with people but it seems to me that I can't look at any forum without finding at least one fanfic with promises of hot Pokemon on human action at some point. The most common offenders are humanoid Pokemon such as Lucario, Gallade, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. However, I've seen much worse in the past, including a story that could essentially be summed up as an excuse for a Charizard to... ugh, we're just going to skip that now, got it? I don't want to be reminded of that fanfic ever again, but I just was. Look, I'll say it straight: I don't care if it never reaches a lemon, romance between Pokemon and humans should NEVER take a sexual turn. I don't know who or what you're writing for, but the fact remains that unless you're writing hot BlazikenonHuman action for a VERY SPECIFIC AUDIENCE composed entirely of PERVS, you shouldn't be inserting this into the main body of a story.

Pokemon and human in romantic relationships? It can be done, with work. But the love can't stem from sexual desire. Most people aren't exactly into bestiality. 0.o

So yeah, keep your mind out of the gutter, those of you aching to write trainerxLucario. There's more to love than sex, y'know.

I always knew school was worthless....

Let me put it this way: If your best excuse for keeping your lead character at home until long after they've turned ten is because they were "studying" to learn to be "better trainers", I'm pretty sure that you can do better. Seriously, what did they do all day? All of us have played the games at some point, and I'm fairly sure that we all know the type chart at a glance without needing to spend five years in a public school system memorizing it. Don't believe me? What types is flying weak to? If you immediately thought "electric, rock, and ice" give yourself a cookie, and then give one to me for being correct. As for strategy beyond learning movesets and attack types- both of which would be freely available from some sort of database anyway, considering that the Pokemon world has far more advanced technology available than our own- that's mostly dependent on two things: innate talent and experience. As a result, the best way to learn to battle would be to go out there and do it yourself.

If your main character is learning the ropes as a breeder or a coordinator, there's still no excuse. They should be apprenticing to an actual breeder, or participating in junior contests, or SOMETHING. There is no reason for a character to spend their entire education just learning how to hold a Pokeball.

BGBS: Boring Gym Battle Syndrome

When writing a gym battle, make sure to take the time to make it as exciting as possible. This is probably a key plot point if you're writing an OT fanfic, so be sure to do a good job with it. If your battle with the final gym leader is less exciting than your character's conversation with Nurse Joy five paragraphs up, I'm going to skip it. For examples of exciting gym battles, Pokemon Special- yes, the manga- has more than a few of them. Fights against gym leaders need not be simple one-on-one Pokemon battles. Many leaders could add extra rules, or authorize certain tactics that would otherwise not be allowed. It's ultimately your decision, but make sure that you take the time to do a good job with your badge matches.

To save the world, press here.

Saving the world often falls on the hero's shoulders. However, despite the daunting nature of this task, saving the world usually entails something simple. Pressing a self-destruct button, winning a Pokemon battle, or my personal favorite- the motivational speech of inspiration and justice- can often resolve all the world's problems in an instant if applied in the right time and place. The problem is that this does two things. First, it makes the climax less dramatic, because the audience will guess what's coming. Second, it makes your antagonists look either dumb or halfhearted, which you weren't going for. Right?

Sure, pressing buttons and winning battles against the villains can be an integral PART of saving the world, don't get me wrong. But when all fics conclude the same way a video game does- with the defeat of the final boss- it gets too predictable. Remember, saving the world is never as easy as it looks.

Well, that's it for today folks. Until next time...

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE: ROW, ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Wow. Just wow. I lieked teh last one teh best!

Does falling out of a window halfway up Silph Co. when you're fighting change that?
And I'll keep the Gym Battles one in mind. ;)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Your rant on Pokephilia could actually be used for all relationships that are attempted in fics. Love isn't always sex; sex isn't always love.

Some Pokemon, though, could have romantic feelings towards humans. So the romance part is fine. The whole sexual relations though? Squicks me out in a sense.

But yeah. This?

There's more to love than sex, y'know.

Applies to all romantic relationships.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Your rant on Pokephilia could actually be used for all relationships that are attempted in fics. Love isn't always sex; sex isn't always love.

Some Pokemon, though, could have romantic feelings towards humans. So the romance part is fine. The whole sexual relations though? Squicks me out in a sense.

But yeah. This?

Applies to all romantic relationships.

Yep. Hence why I added it. XD

Yeah, I addressed Pokephilia specifically ONLY because it's showing up with more frequency these days, and because I felt like addressing a specific target instead of relationships in general.

Blue Shaymin

Legendary Pokémon
Years
The only thing in the Pokeverse more disturbing than SkittyonWailord action...

Pokemon and humans having a sexual attraction to each other.

The most common offenders are humanoid Pokemon such as Lucario, Gallade, Blaziken, and Gardevoir. Pokemon and human in romantic relationships? It can be done, with work. But the love can't stem from sexual desire. Most people aren't exactly into bestiality. 0.o

Let's see. I've read one, two... about 900 fanfics like that. 800 or so with Gardevoir.

Sweet Jesus.

I mean, I know that Gardevoir is based on a human, but still! People just take it a bit too far.

Too many sex scenes... *shudder*

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I only realised you put Blaziken there.
O.o Blaziken? That's not even remotely human! Sure, Alakazam works and Gardevoir and Lucario but BLAZIKEN? My head hurts. xDD

Back