• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things have gotten deeper down the rabbit hole

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • It seems that many players of today have no desire to engage in proper procedure and actually stick to the task at hand. In a much better community in-game, I'd have a person traveling by my side the whole way, communicating, and doing what we agreed upon beforehand. Simple, right? I'd had a quite few of these people join, but things have changed for the worst. Some promises are broken immediately, and for other people, what we want to do doesn't mesh too well. They do whatever feel like they want to do, which ruins the whole experience, and the weird map doesn't help matters. Unfortunately, to add insult to injury, their ability to locate valuables, plan an adventure, and even stay in the game for the whole ordeal rarely translates to their skill to survive in the long run. I'm torn now, and have no clue what to do.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen yesterday
    Uh...context? ^^"
    Also: keep in mind that a lot of children play this game. And they just want to have fun.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Also you play S/V with OTHER PEOPLE? Why? (This is an honest question as I've never seen a good reason to actually play with others for more than the novelty of it)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    This is kind of just how online co-op is in general, particularly where your ability to communicate is limited if it evens exists at all. Randoms are called randoms for a reason, you never know what you're gonna get, and you have to keep that mind while choosing to play co-op.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Uh...context? ^^"
    Also: keep in mind that a lot of children play this game. And they just want to have fun.

Also you play S/V with OTHER PEOPLE? Why? (This is an honest question as I've never seen a good reason to actually play with others for more than the novelty of it)

This is kind of just how online co-op is in general, particularly where your ability to communicate is limited if it evens exists at all. Randoms are called randoms for a reason, you never know what you're gonna get, and you have to keep that mind while choosing to play co-op.

The deeper it goes, the more dangerous it gets. I honestly have no idea what to do at this point. I could seriously use some assistance here. Also, yes, of course I play with other people. The games are more fun when you play with and/or against others, at least for me. The problem lies in the fact that some of these players even have malicious intentions that are detrimental to the game. For example, apparently, some of them figured out how to force crashes. Hopefully, this would be fixed with the upcoming patch.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Okay, that's it.

But for real though, what exacly do you need help with?

:Edit. Okay, that's pretty neat, but I still don't know what I anyone here can do to help with this.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The deeper it goes, the more dangerous it gets. I honestly have no idea what to do at this point. I could seriously use some assistance here. Also, yes, of course I play with other people. The games are more fun when you play with and/or against others, at least for me. The problem lies in the fact that some of these players even have malicious intentions that are detrimental to the game. For example, apparently, some of them figured out how to force crashes. Hopefully, this would be fixed with the upcoming patch.
    If you want to continue playing the game with other people, the thing to do would be to find people you can trust to have some degree of competency and aren't out to troll you, and ones you can communicate with as well (so like say, people here on PC or something).

It's not quite as convenient and on-demand as hooking up with randos, but this is probably the only good option for you right now.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

I'm sorry. I probably should have explained this even further last night, but I was a combination of irritated, tired, and busy all at the same time. For a better explanation, and once again, I apologize for not clarifying, I am currently building a trade shop, which is nearly finished. I had friends that regularly played with me on Union Circle, but that is off the table for right now since they decided that they wanted to focus on other things. I value the battling aspect of Pokémon, but they wanted to do other things like go on picnics and whatnot. Personally, I find it boring. My goal was to have my friends battle, and I would give prizes from the would-be trade shop to the winner, mainly in the form of a strong, EV-trained Pokémon. Well, since I'm not playing with them any time soon because they're not battling anymore, I attempted to host a giveaway for these prizes with other people besides my friends. They can receive the Pokémon from these giveaways only on the condition that they win some battles and have successful Tera Raids. I made all the plans, we all agreed on how things would go, and things seemed great.

However, as soon as the Union Circle began, players went against everything we planned in the Union Circle, almost as if they're trolling and trying to lose on purpose. Thus, I couldn't give away any prizes because I have no idea what the heck they're doing. Do they not care about planning a strategy and sticking to the task at hand? Are they getting a kick out of trolling me? I have no clue. Then they run all around the map and you can't find them. They're wasting space for other people that can join the Union Circle and actually behave themselves and participate as planned. When we get to the battles, such as in a mini-tournament that I hosted to determine another winner of another prize, apparently, they found out how to force crashes during the middle of battles, so there is never a conclusion, and because of how the Nintendo Switch works, you can't tell which one disconnected. Thus, I have no idea what to do here. It seems like nobody that I asked to participate can follow basic instructions or even stay connected just to finish one battle. I really want to do this giveaway and give stuff to the winners, but I don't know what's going on with these people. I will keep trying, but it constantly happens, and it's irking me big time. It's like a rabbit hole that is just getting deeper. I also don't trust whatever method they're using to force crashes. I think it could be dangerous to my Switch, but I don't know for sure.

And these are hard crashes, by the way, not just disconnected internet. As in, the whole system crashes and takes you to the Switch home screen. I don't think that's healthy for the Nintendo Switch to constantly be forced to crash this way.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Now it starts to make sense. Hmmm, beyond working with people on this site, I'm not sure there really is much you can do to fix people being rude or stupid all over the place. I can help you get Pokemon for your trade shop though, as I like to hunt and train Pokemon, but prefer to have a goal to reach
    when I do. Not sure I can do much about the battles thing though.

Edit: And that crashing issue is really not good. I hope there's an official fix for that ASAP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    So…you tried to start a fight club for children, but an adult troll got involved and ruined it? 😜

No but that does suck. I think if crashing was dangerous for your console, then Nintendo would have a (checks latest SV sales figures) 20million-strong global lawsuit (you call them class-action in the States, I believe? They did on Suits anyway). But yeah like the others said you probably have to pull from the limited pool on this forum. How were you finding the people for the tournament? Was it another forum?

Back