• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things That Grind Your Gears!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Have you ever had moments in Pokemon games where you've gotten extremely frustrated? Where and why?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
    Well, recently I ran a Nuzlocke.

Early on I got a Shiny Patrat and 30 minutes later I lost the Locke. Rip Shiny.

Years
    -When training a weak Pokemon, wild encounters that you simply can't escape; also Arena Trap and Magnet Pull on wild Pokemon.

-Not getting enough crits during battles, then dealing a lot of them when you try catch anything.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    When you're facing an opponent who spams moves such as Sand Attack and Double Team. >:T Elesa from B2/W2 was probably the toughest gym leader I've ever faced because of her bloody Emolga. Double Team x6 > Electro Ball > Volt Switch, then it's Flaaffy's turn to paralyze you, and when Zebstrika comes out you're doomed. xD;

Also, stalling and wall Pokemon in competitive play really make me lose my patience. And when I lose my patience during a battle, it's a guaranteed win for the opponent. .3.

The rollerskates in X/Y are a pain in the neck, especially since you can't remove them without cramping up your thumb by using the control pad haha.

Did anyone else find Victory Road in DPPt to be really frustrating? Take my advice: bring all the repels you can afford before entering that maze of nightmares!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Double Team and Sand Attacking that be most frustrating because Electric-type would make it hard to hit and resist to Aerial Ace and Aura Sphere could land a hit with it

Don't you hate it when your HP is 50% or 25% low and opponent manage to kill you because their freakingly lucky with their critical hits. I mean.. that be annoying at the same time

Running on caves without repels and escape rope because you forget a way out, GG

GTS is a place of wonders and people who desperately insane because certain offers are way saner

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    One thing that grinds my gears in the Pokemon games is when I am looking for a specific Pokemon, and said Pokemon refuses to show up.

This is too true! When I was looking for a Ralts in OR, which has 5% chance of encounter, I found seven Surskit before finding a Ralts. The chance of finding a Surskit is 1%. It's just too annoying when this happens!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    The times when you spam Double Team or Sand-Attack yourself but the enemy could not give a single damn.

Also getting poisoned/paralyzed/burned off of moves that only have a small chance to do it so I have to go all the way back to the pokémon center because I don't bother buying the single heal items and just buy Full Heals instead. That happens to me all the time.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Double Team and Minimize spammers
    Detect and protect spammers I really hate it when it works twice in a row
    When low accuracy moves always hit when the opponent uses them, it always misses when I use them
    Gym leaders and the hyper potions
    elite four members and the champions with their full restores
    Strength puzzles, spin tiles, and currents always seem so complicated

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    My terrible luck annoys me too >~< I've been hit my OHKO moves when my level is equal to the opponents >:( Trying to give them a taste of their own medicine tends to backfire xD

I did sweep Bruno once in Gen 1 by spamming Swords Dance and Double Team with a Scyther so I guess that's my punishment for it.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Have you ever had moments in Pokemon games where you've gotten extremely frustrated? Where and why?

Anytime the trainer uses Protect or Detect.
    Anytime the trainer spams sand attack, minimize, or double team.
    That mach bike puzzle was kind of annoying in RSE.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Also getting poisoned/paralyzed/burned off of moves that only have a small chance to do it so I have to go all the way back to the pokémon center because I don't bother buying the single heal items and just buy Full Heals instead. That happens to me all the time.

That's what I do. I just invest on Full Heal, Lava Cookie (OrAs) and Lumoise goods rather buying them separately will just drain your money

Years
    The times when you spam Double Team or Sand-Attack yourself but the enemy could not give a single damn.

Yes!

Whenever the opponent wants to completely throw me off my game, all it takes is 1 Double Team/Sand Attack; even moves with 100 accuracy will start missing left and right. Do it yourself and you get hit by a OHKO move :x

And when you have healing items but no Full Heal: status problems everywhere. Full Heal without healing items, every hit taken counts towards your demise. Be stocked up on both, and you get critical hits that knock you out anyway.

I understand your pain.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    When you want to Wonder Trade and the same person keeps pestering the utter crap out of you for a battle or trade. If I wanted to do it the first place I would have but after the 10th time you're just a pain in the well.....you know.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    Three words. Mach bike puzzle. While I miss it incredibly, it was so annoying in R/S/E having maneuver super fast to avoid falling and going through a floor full of wild Pokemon again and again and again!

My god. I'm having "war flashbacks" right now just thinking of that. I got Emerald used so I already had Rayquaza, but I decided to try the Sky Pillar puzzle just to see if I could do it.

Thanks god I already had Rayquaza because I seriously couldn't do it. It was so frustrating for me!

Back