• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you only recently found out.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not necessarily a "discovery" per say, but I recently watched Gareth Edwards' Godzilla reboot and it struck me that he resembled Tyranitar. Then he used his atomic breath, so I opened up my LeafGreen save and sure enough, my Tyranitar could use Flamethrower. So I checked bulbapedia and he gets Dragon Pulse from Gen IV, the animation for which is as close to the atomic breath you'll see in pokémon.

So yeah, Tyranitar is actually Godzilla

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • For some reason I thought Heatmor was a legendary Pokémon for some time. Perhaps I'd confused it with Heatran to some extent, but it was always so rare and powerful-looking. That ended when a random Heatmor jumped out of a shrub in Pokémon Y recently. Derp.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • That Type:Null's shiny form is obtainable in Sun/Moon. If I knew that sooner, I would've tried to get it. I assumed it was shiny locked like the legendaries and ultra beasts.

Zygarde is pronounced Zy-gar-day according to the Japanese version of the anime. I've been pronouncing it Zy-guard all this time. Although, I've never heard its name in the English dub so I don't know if it's the same as the Japanese pronunciation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    I recently learned that, in the world of Pokemon, They play pokemon. Or something similar

Seriously! Why would you need a game with the real thing :p

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I've only recently found out that when Nincada evolves into Ninjask, if you have a empty slot in your party, then after it evolves, you'll have a Shedinja . The thing actually evolves into 2 pokémon at the same time 0.0

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Raikou's Crystal sprite is significantly different from its Gold and Silver sprite.

GS:
    Spr_2s_243.png

Crystal:
    Spr_2c_243.png

It's a big improvement and this also explains why it's later sprites are so different than the original GS one. It looks so much better.

(I really want Crystal now.)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Apparently Pineco can learn Dig!

...and that leads to the next question: how does it do that? Does it spin around to drill the ground?

Guest123123

I only recently realized that Silvally's English name is a reference to Silicon Valley.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Skitty evolves with a Moon Stone.

...I'm not really good with evolutions it seems.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • So apparently there is not a single poison type that had been used by a champion in any game.
    Uh...

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • In SM008 where Ash challenged James (the butler in Lillie's mansion) into a Pokémon Battle, I think Ash applied one of his Ash's logic in here.

"Now, Rowlet! Mirror that Mirror Move!"

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I recently discovered that Riolu evolves into Lucario only in daytime (which is until 6 PM in S/M at least).
    So, I wasted so many evenings trying to evolve it and failing miserably. {XD}

Years
  • I recently discovered that Riolu evolves into Lucario only in daytime (which is until 6 PM in S/M at least).
    So, I wasted so many evenings trying to evolve it and failing miserably. {XD}

Well, Riolu doesn't really look like something that would evolve in the daytime so it can be easily confused. Heck, I sometimes even forget Chingling only evolves into Chimecho at night.

Back