• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
  • I don't know. While possible I don't know how likely Crimson is; what's your reasoning behind it?
    Okay, I just realised your quote tag is broken and I found the so-called "aforementioned quote."

Still, that's not exactly a meaningful saying, it's a joke, and how do you get Crimson from Red? I'm not saying it won't be Crimson, just that I see no valid reasoning behind it at this stage.
    That being said, I don't think there is any valid reasoning behind Crystal or Platinum either. I personally think the quotes and sayings are irrelevant, and it was just a design choice, possibly related to the third Pokémon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't know. While possible I don't know how likely Crimson is; what's your reasoning behind it?
    Okay, I just realised your quote tag is broken and I found the so-called "aforementioned quote."

Still, that's not exactly a meaningful saying, it's a joke, and how do you get Crimson from Red? I'm not saying it won't be Crimson, just that I see no valid reasoning behind it at this stage.
    That being said, I don't think there is any valid reasoning behind Crystal or Platinum either. I personally think the quotes and sayings are irrelevant, and it was just a design choice, possibly related to the third Pokémon.

Yeah, but the only 2 famous sayings I know incorporating the colors black and white and linking them with another color are:
    1. "Everything's not in black and white; there are gray areas in between" (additionally, gray results from the mixture of black and white paints)

and the following riddle:

2. "What's black and white and red all over? A newspaper."

From my judgment, third versions (excluding Crystal Version) have some sort of link with the preceding pair, usually through common association (Blue complemented Red and Green in the colors of the starters; Yellow is the third color in the group of subtractive combination of colors/primary colors of paintings; Emerald is a precious jewel and evokes red-blue-green, the primary colors of light; Platinum connects with Diamond by both of them being the second-highest and highest attainable ranks, respectively, when considering album sales). Furthermore, the only connection I can see for Diamond and Pearl at all is via the aforementioned saying, a precedent which could be utilized in Generation 5 as well since black-and-white appear commonly together in sayings, most notably the black-white-gray saying or the black-white-red saying...

While I didn't exactly derive the naming of Diamond and Pearl Versions from the aforementioned "Diamonds and Pearls" French quote, I figured that diamonds and pearls tend to be paired together in common sayings; otherwise, they really don't relate to each other... As with Platinum, it doesn't really relate to the Diamond and Pearl saying - the only "link" I could find was that with album sales, platinum is the highest ranking, being second only to diamond, thus creating a loose link from Platinum Version to Diamond Version, and indirectly to Pearl Version.

As for crimson being derived from red, in my experiences, crimson is sort of marked as an enhanced or cooler-sounding red, such as with Gallantmon Crimson Mode from Digimon, or how the Red Orb is known as the Crimson Orb in the Japanese releases of RSE and HGSS:

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

So, the crimson would not only reference the "red" in "black and white and red all over" and link the third version to BW, but also signify that the third version is an enhancement to the previous 2 games of BW.

In any case, I hope the third version is titled either Gray (combines BW) or Crimson (enahnced Red) to establish some sort of link with the colors/versions of Black and White. Generation 2 so far is the only gen where the third version's name did not have a reasonable link with the pairs that preceded it (I mean, even Bronze Version would have forms a more logical link - it is both a metal and a color). Platinum can at least be technically linked with Diamond...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    i hope the graphics will advance even more maybe even get access to new areas! but I believe it will be called Pokemon Gray or grey and have kyurem as the mascot. maybe have more ice and snow since kyurem is ice dragon?

also maybe a sub plot for genosect will be nice :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i hope the graphics will advance even more maybe even get access to new areas! but I believe it will be called Pokemon Gray or grey and have kyurem as the mascot. maybe have more ice and snow since kyurem is ice dragon?

also maybe a sub plot for genosect will be nice :)
    I can see Genosect get something like Platinum as both were researched upon by a member of the evil team (Charon did research on Rotom) so maybe it can get new forme in the third version but then again Mewtwo did but that was before forme's even existed...

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    SO many things to speculate about. :x Well, I'll only list a few things I hope that a few new features in the third version:

-Gym Leaders will have animated sprites again
    -Gym Leaders will be higher leveled and/or different Pokemon (I hope Aloe gets afro buffalo :B)
    -The first Gym Leaders will be a triple battle (I'm not sure about this, since I don't know how you'll have 3 Pokemon on your team by the time you get to this gym...)
    -The Battle Frontier will return again
    -There will be new forms for certain Pokemon (eeeh, not sure about this)
    -The Pokemon Musical will be more engaging (this is just something that I WISH they would do :x)

And HOPEFULLY, they'll add some type of island that you can go to once you complete the main story. That'd be just swell. :B

a lot of people say that you must fight the triplets(i think they are triplets) in a triple battle, well, as bay said i know it's very difficult for someone come in the first gym with three good pokémons, even if i did that in RSE, but i think that in the third version we'll have a rematch and THEN you'll have a triple battle with the triplets.
    It would be better if the gym leaders have animated sprites again and i want they to change the pokémons, fight Hachiku is very easy :( and i like him.
    Manhattan, there's already something like the battle frontier (the battle subway), so i think that will not happen.​

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• Actually, knowing how different B/W are to other games from what we've heard, I wouldn't completely throw away the idea of ice covering everything, and as others mentioned, that melting away after the climax. It wouldn't take the entire storyline and it would be an interesting twist. Could this mean Flamethrower could have a practical use? :D

Actually, if one of the fire moves does get an in game effect then the ice theory could be very possible. You could defrost places as you go through the game!

(Late reply is late)

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    The flamethrower idea would be pretty awesome, but I think that they're gonna try something different than freezing the place, like they did in Platinum. We already see enough snow during the winter parts of the game.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • a lot of people say that you must fight the triplets(i think they are triplets) in a triple battle, well, as bay said i know it's very difficult for someone come in the first gym with three good pokémons, even if i did that in RSE, but i think that in the third version we'll have a rematch and THEN you'll have a triple battle with the triplets.
    It would be better if the gym leaders have animated sprites again and i want they to change the pokémons, fight Hachiku is very easy :( and i like him.
    Manhattan, there's already something like the battle frontier (the battle subway), so i think that will not happen.​

I agree with the first Gym idea. They should preserve the Gym-specialty-dependent-on-Starter idea from BW for your first encounter/match against the Gym Leader, and then have the rematches be triple battles instead, since this Gym fits that battle format the best, I think (plus, they're triplets!).

I'm also hoping the 8th Gym with the version-dependent, Dragon-type Gym Leaders Iris and Shaga (as I've heard) will become a double battle instead (or maybe, the one you fight is dependent on how fast you reach that Gym or some other factor, I suppose. But I prefer the double battle idea more).

Trainer animations and the introduction of a new Battle Frontier are needed as well.

Years
  • a lot of people say that you must fight the triplets(i think they are triplets) in a triple battle, well, as bay said i know it's very difficult for someone come in the first gym with three good pokémons, even if i did that in RSE, but i think that in the third version we'll have a rematch and THEN you'll have a triple battle with the triplets.
    There can still be a battle frontier but with vehicles instead of buildings, like a battle boat, battle airship, etc.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • I'm thinking Kyurem should get a new form by combining itself with Zekrom and Reshiram. Because if, memory serves, I did hear something about Zekrom and Rehsiram being a whole at one time.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There can still be a battle frontier but with vehicles instead of buildings, like a battle boat, battle airship, etc.

That would be totally awesome! If not this though, I think we'll just see an upgrade of the Battle Subway with more types, just like the Battle Frontier and hopefully more Subway Masters. =D

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Third Game?

Third game? What makes you think theres a third game. I mean, of course, there was Platinum but that only happened once. Plus, I never heard any rumors about a third version.

But If I must play along, it's simple...
    Name: Pokemon Gray
    Mascot: A new legendary colored Gray.
    Implemention: No idea.
    Storyline: A twist to both Black and White or added sub-story.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually, Crystal and Emerald were considered to be third games, as well as Yellow to an extent, so Platinum wasn't the first time (incase people decide to answer themselves). Unless you're being sarcastic idk.

Upgrade of battle subway would only be good if you can explore the subway (which, from what I've heard, you can't in B/W, so maybe in the third game?).

Years
  • Third game? What makes you think theres a third game. I mean, of course, there was Platinum but that only happened once. Plus, I never heard any rumors about a third version.

But If I must play along, it's simple...
    Name: Pokemon Gray
    Mascot: A new legendary colored Gray.
    Implemention: No idea.
    Storyline: A twist to both Black and White or added sub-story.
    Uh we had Blue (Jp)/ Yellow (In), Crystal, and Emerald before Platinum so third versions happen every generation.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Yeah. I had forgotten about those. I haven't been active with Pokemon for a year now. Usually, I'm more aware.

...I can blame it on last year as a Junior... Ugh... Junior year was hell.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I beat you MRAS and kaiser. :D;

Anyway back to the topic of speculating what is expected to be B/W's third game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Actually, Crystal and Emerald were considered to be third games, as well as Yellow to an extent, so Platinum wasn't the first time (incase people decide to answer themselves). Unless you're being sarcastic idk.

Upgrade of battle subway would only be good if you can explore the subway (which, from what I've heard, you can't in B/W, so maybe in the third game?).

What do you mean by exploring the subway? :o You mean like the actual vehicle or the facility? :P

Years
  • LOL! We could finally have an actual "Battle Ship" as a Frontier battling facility (I actually thought up that name once)! :cer_laugh: :pink_laugh: :laugh: *hides and continues ROFL-ing at pun*

Third Game Speculation
    Lol it does make a get pun doesn't it :P
    It can have a guy dressed like a high level navy general :)

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    SO YOU CAN STEP IN TO HOENN FOR GOD SAKES

BRING BACK BOTTOM SCREEN UI WITH THE BAG AND STUFF

BRING BACK WALKING WITH POKEMON

BRING BACK FRONTIER? SUBWAY IS BORING

STORYLINES TOO SHORT IMO EXTEND IT LIKE FRLG WITH THE SEVII ISLES

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back