• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen This is madness! Rotom the kitchen applince polterqeist attacks

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
Years
  • I'm starting to get used to 'em now I've seen them a few times.

*Looks at thread title* Rotom the kitchen appliance polte... SINCE WHEN WERE LAWNMOVERS USED IN KITCHENS!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Since i decided so! Anyweh i finally have to say nintendo is off the rocker always has been. And the way they gave these forms are useless. At least let it keep the move or somthing. And not even a typage? Rubbish!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think they're all great. People who don't like them don't like any new pokemon and are just obsessed with the first generation because it was from their blissful childhood days. Honestly, I don't know why people like that are members on a pokemon fan forum.

They are not great. This is the worst thing since... since before sliced bread.

Lawn mover? Washing machine? Seriously? When I saw the shadows at Serebii, I thought it was a joke, some new fake Pokémon.

The first generation was and will always be the best. Back then, they were free take any animal or fairytale in the world and turn it poké-ish. Voila, a nice, chubby Pokémon with some horns or tails. About the third gen, the ideas and type mixes became a liiittle restraint, resulting in things like the Regis and... well, Luvdisc.

Rotom kitchen appliances (and lawn mover...) shows the world that Nintendo had finally run out of good ideas. Already Voltorb was a little weird, a Pokémon based off a... poké ball? What came first, the pokémon or the poké ball? And what came first now, the Rotom or the... lawn mover?? Alright, that could be defended by claiming that Rotom is changing shape into something in its environment... or such. But when the changed shapes looks this disgusting, Pokémon have lost it's soul. I swear it had one once. In our "blissfull childhood days" D:

Done complaining nao :>

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well then you stopped complaining so ill start ranting! I mean what? Pokemon lost its soul? I never thought so. Acually this burst of forms is a nice touch. It shows that they are trying to make the soul stronger by letting go of the past(im telling you 10 years of a game tradition is goin to change no matter what you say) and to me its a good thing. Hell i wouldnt mind if the whole next generation is something we werent expecting(like say a very mixed typed starter) and hey if you dont like where nintendo is goin with pokemon i have four letters for you:
    GTFO

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oops. Alright, I didn't mean to start another war. Guess each one of us has our own opinion on Pokémon. That was mine, and that was yours.
    Also I guess it's good that many people like the new ideas.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • very, um, interesting, I guess, I mean, they could make them a bit cooler looking, I mean, they're like household appliances, I almost don't like Rotom anymore...with all these new forms.

Years
  • I like the washing machine. I saw a fan art of it washing an eevee inside of it and the eevee was drowning and it looked sad/funny/cute at the same time cause the rotom was just smiling beyond belief that whenever I think of Rotom I think of that pic now. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Darn I hope ALL Rotom(From DM/PL) can change form...
    I accidently killed the one on PT...

I don't like them, really. They don't fit with Pokemon - since when did they decide that recognisable house electronics would make good Pokemon?

What next, a TV? DVD player? Computer?
    Actually when I was a kid, I made a TV and Computer fakemon... Seeing these electrical appliance Rotoms just made me feel happy! But I understand you...

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Darn I hope ALL Rotom(From DM/PL) can change form...
    I accidently killed the one on PT...

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter where the Rotom is from, because a Rotom is a Rotom, right? Every Rotom from anywhere should be capable of changing into the new forms. Although I'm not speaking from experience, since I don't have Platinum.. ^^;

As for the forms, I found them rather entertaining, when I first found out about them. I knew the sillhouettes were undoubtedly Rotom, when I first saw them, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter where the Rotom is from, because a Rotom is a Rotom, right? Every Rotom from anywhere should be capable of changing into the new forms. Although I'm not speaking from experience, since I don't have Platinum.. ^^;

As for the forms, I found them rather entertaining, when I first found out about them. I knew the sillhouettes were undoubtedly Rotom, when I first saw them, though.
    I hope so, 'cause not all Shaymin can change... So I came out the idea if all Rotom can change...

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • Just to clear things up for Icicle Dance, the Rotom has to be on Platinum to change form but it doesn't have to have been caught on Platinum but if you trade the lawnmower to Diamond or Pearl it'll arrive as regular Rotom.

It's not rocket science, that is, unless Nintendo really screw things up and make a Spaceship form Rotom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Just to clear things up for Icicle Dance, the Rotom has to be on Platinum to change form but it doesn't have to have been caught on Platinum but if you trade the lawnmower to Diamond or Pearl it'll arrive as regular Rotom.

It's not rocket science, that is, unless Nintendo really screw things up and make a Spaceship form Rotom.
    I know the form changing factor, it works just like Shaymin and Giratina's - they changed back to their normal form when I trade them back to my Pearl... But how'ya know that Rotom from other version than PT can change form?

Years
  • I know the form changing factor, it works just like Shaymin and Giratina's - they changed back to their normal form when I trade them back to my Pearl... But how'ya know that Rotom from other version than PT can change form?

Um, it only has to be a Rotom to change, so it wouldn't matter where it came from.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Um, it only has to be a Rotom to change, so it wouldn't matter where it came from.
    Are you sure about that? In Shaymin's case... Only Shaymin from the movies can change form but not all... But I'm not sure on Rotom and Giratina's case...

Back