• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on Cheating

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    What do you think about players cheating in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon?

Do you think it's good or bad?

I think that Verlisify on YouTube should not mock hackers on Pokemon Sun and Moon because it can lead to shaming.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    As long as it doesnt give you a competitive edge, I dont care. While in a real life tournament i would be fine with other players cheating to get perfect pokemon (i wouldnt do so), its wrong because they are breaking tournament rules.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    If any hacking or whatnot is kept to themselves and not used in say online matches (or at least official competitions) and not traded to people who don't want hacked Pokemon, I'm fine with it. I can see why it's fun to mess around with it, but rules are rules and it shouldn't be used on official cases.

I find it interesting where one draws the line with official competitions on that note. I firmly feel that Pokemon should be legal (no impossible pokeballs for instance) and trained properly. Not that hard nowadays, bar maybe legendaries with the 'need' for hyper training (in which case... suck it up, there's still an in-game method and festival plaza is there). But then I bet a lot of people breed Pokemon from hacked Pokemon (like your bog standard and completely legit 6 IV Ditto from Japan). Some blurring of the line there.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Nah, for me cheating takes the fun out of the games which is why I never do it. Hacking in the competitive scene is unfair, I don't battle online competitively but I can imagine how frustrating it can be.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Well, for your Verlisify "case", it's because some of those so-called hackers are from Instagram and they've been attacking on him because of some incidents earlier. It's their group of business, though, but they're all taking it too personally.

Again, I am against hacking, but manipulating RNG for the perfect eggs and cloning legit Pokemon are fine by me, at least that was fine when I was trading during the 4th generation.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I'm generally against hacking, especially when they're used competitively or for trading.
    The only hacking that is acceptable to me is for challenges i.e. doing a Marshadow solo from the beginning ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Hacking items in that should be in the game anyway is fine for me as is hacking an event item in to obtain event Legendaries.

If someone wants to hack Pokemon that should be ok too as long as it's not used competitively. The almost certainty hacked 6IV Ditto is an interesting point. They do make breeding competitive Pokemon much easier.

Versilify doesn't like hackers. Good for him but I am not going to base my opinion on what some random YouTuber thinks.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    If it's obtainable ingame I don't really care that much.

I prefer if the Pokemon used aren't hacked themselves, but offspring of a hacked Ditto are fine to me. The offspring are still created inside the game and aren't affected by external use.

Although it depends more on who you ask I guess.

Verlisify is also a hypocrite since he makes videos based on hacked content to make money (data mining for example) but like whatever, you keep pushing your no hack stance onto people dude.

Years
    I'm strongly people who cheat in competitive play
    I don't play against others that much But i still know how annoying that it can be

Myself i have never cheated besides a few experiment in Gen 1 and Gen 4 nowdays i never use cheats Since it takes out the fun of it all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm not happy that I become a victim of those cheaters. You trade away a Pokémon that you trained with blood, sweat and tears and get a hacked Pokémon instead. I'm not happy with that. And the biggest problem is that you can't always see if a Pokémon is hacked or not. This is a problem if you want to fight competitive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Yes hackers on competitive play are frustrating because they might use a lot of Garchomps. But if I see a Garchomp coming up, I should get a Alolan Ninetales out and sweep the Garchomp away. Hacked competitive Pokemons should be limited to Battle Tree and Battle Royale offline. Most hacked pokemons are shiny lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I mean whn Machamp with No Guard and OHKO is an option is it even necessary to break the game more?

Back