• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Through the Stars: A Scifi club

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've not read In The Abyss (well, now I have). It shows because when I read the title I somehow associated it with more of a scenario you'd find in a Lovecraft story. Idk why but I was somewhat expecting some sort of gigantic monstrosity hidden in the dark depths. xD
    Spoiler:

A while ago I bought a collection of Jules Verne stories that I've been reading through quite a bit. I thought that maybe Frritt-Flacc was part of it, but it wasn't. I looked up a translation and put it onto my ebook reader. I appreciate the app, but I really don't like reading stuff on my phone all that much. ^^"
    Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh oh oh! I'm joining this for sure!

I'm actually reading George Tekai's autobiography, "To the Stars ", about his experience as a Japanese-American in an internment camp after being abducted with his family during WWII.

Years
  • I am excited to welcome another adventurer aboard to travel through time and space with us! Just added our new shipmate Fairy's name to my captain's log!

Also congrats to Megan on receiving the first Victorious Voyager badge!

I am adding more short stories to celebrate Halloween.

Here are my takes on the last shorts.

In the Abyss

Spoiler:

My thoughts on Fritt Flacc.

Spoiler:

Reading is always optional on this starship, but if you join in you too can get a bronze voyager badge.

Silver badges will be pending upon completion of novels. There will be other events to get badges too, like maybe some movie watchalongs. I am going to creative.

Today I have The Beautiful People by Charles Beaumont. It was first published in 1952, and is about a Dystopian society where at age 19 young men and women undergo a surgical "transformation" to become the perfect human specimen. I think this story's influence can be felt in other content, Gattaca is one such movie for instance that reminds me a little of this work of science-fiction. If you enjoy the original Twilight Zone series, (which featured teleplays from many celebrated writers like Richard Matheson and Ray Bradbury,) you may remember an episode called #12 Looks Like Me. It was adapted from The Beautiful People. Beaumont wrote a lot of powerful episodes of The Twilight Zone like The Howling Man, Shadow Play, Long-Distance Call, Perchance to Dream, and Miniature. He may have passed away at a young age, but he lives on in his writings still.

Project Guttenberg presents the printed short story to read here with vintage cover illustrations. I also linked to their audio reading.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/36258/36258-h/36258-h.htm

I have another story from one of my favorite sci-fiction writers Phillip K Dick. I really enjoyed this 1953 horror short story called The Hanging Stranger, about a man who finds the body of an unknown person hanged in the street, and his descent into terror.

The short story can be read here at American Literature.com. I am also giving a link to an audio reading.

https://americanliterature.com/author/philip-k-dick/short-story/the-hanging-stranger

I only post stories for the forum that haven't had their copyright status renewed, but on my own wondrous journey to the land of imagination I am currently reading (and absolutely loving) I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, and plan to enjoy 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami next. So I should be earning myself a badge in good time. Anything sci-fi you read on your own at any time also counts towards a badge, no restrictions, all that counts is the love of learning and exploring.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Oh oh oh! I'm joining this for sure!

I'm actually reading George Tekai's autobiography, "To the Stars ", about his experience as a Japanese-American in an internment camp after being abducted with his family during WWII.

I'm actually reading Brent Spiner's book that just came out. And if you need some LOL's you should definitely read it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Glad to be aboard captain "

Oh oh! If you want great sci-fi recommendations, look into Octavia Butler! She was so far ahead of her time!

*puts on red shirt*

Hey… wait a minute… щ(゜ロ゜щ)

Years
  • Here's a pretty left field sci-fi recommendation for all you lovely peeps, and there's a good chance you haven't watched it... it's actually a Disney movie!

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is probably the best sci-fi Disney has ever done. It's very much a nod to Jules Verne, and is well done imo. It has an excellent cast too including - looking at you here Caite - Leonard Nimoy.

Well worth a watch if you like sci-fi.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Here's a pretty left field sci-fi recommendation for all you lovely peeps, and there's a good chance you haven't watched it... it's actually a Disney movie!

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is probably the best sci-fi Disney has ever done. It's very much a nod to Jules Verne, and is well done imo. It has an excellent cast too including - looking at you here Caite - Leonard Nimoy.

Well worth a watch if you like sci-fi.

YES this and Treasure Planet. Like, 1000% recommend!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    These short stories so far have always been somewhat of a mixed bag.

The Beautiful People:
    Spoiler:

The Hanging Man:
    Spoiler:

I don't know. I need to see if other short stories interest me or if I just keep skipping out...until then I'll continue reading 1984. I've gotten about 2/3 through the book and it's gotten now really interesting as a lot of lore is being dropped all at once, explaining quite a bit. So far, it definitely doesn't disappoint.

Years
  • These short stories so far have always been somewhat of a mixed bag.

The Beautiful People:
    Spoiler:

The Hanging Man:
    Spoiler:

I don't know. I need to see if other short stories interest me or if I just keep skipping out...until then I'll continue reading 1984. I've gotten about 2/3 through the book and it's gotten now really interesting as a lot of lore is being dropped all at once, explaining quite a bit. So far, it definitely doesn't disappoint.

Wow, you pose some interesting questions Megan, and have brought up points that I hadn't thought of!

Beautiful People

Spoiler:

The Hanging Stranger

Spoiler:

I appreciate you taking the time to read some new stories with us. One of the things that I wanted to do was post literature that members had never read before to make for a fresh experience, so at least that's been accomplished. I thought of sharing Frankenstein or the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for horror month, but because I knew you had already read them I had to change tactics so nobody felt they had to read the same story twice. Now that November is here I was planning on posting 1984, but it sounds like you have already beat me to the punch and have almost finished reading it, so it might not be necessary, unless others mention that they want to read it in the clubhouse, then I don't mind reading it again. 1984 is a great book, so I am really happy you are enjoying it. Let me know when you finish and share your final thoughts, and I will be sure upgrade your badge tier to silver!

Since most of us are right now reading a lot of different titles of the sci-fi genre in our own time I might not post any new reading for awhile, and just give everybody some time with their own picks. Fairy is absorbing To the Stars, George Takei's biography. You've got 1984 in your library. Caite has the Time Machine. Meanwhile I am re-reading Dune. I read it freshman year I think, but wanted to go back to this novel and see if everything is the way I remembered it after seeing the new movie adaptation. So far I am enjoying every page of my hypnotic journey back to Arrakis.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I finished 1984 a little while ago. It was very interesting but also very dark. And even though I like myself a dark story, I think I'll take a little bit of a break for now. xD

Spoiler:

There's probably more that I could say and I've most likely forgotten a large amount...well, like I said: I really liked the story and its darker turns and the social stuff and all. But for now I'll probably need to take a break for now from these types of stories. xD

Years
  • The captain is back from a voyage of her own, just a survey mission, gathering data for Intel. They need to know more about the habituality of star systems outside of our own. It feels good to be back. It's like being home, seeing wonderful nendoroids, Legos and all that good stuff.

Incidentally, I have brought back some light reading from the library of my commander. This is the month of Halloween, and just because we're not on Earth right now doesn't mean we can't celebrate old traditions from my home planet, right? This is a time for things that go bump in the night!

Knowing that I am not the only one in the club who reads H. G. Wells, or at least expressed interest in reading some of his work, I say why not post a tale from the father of science-fiction himself?

Have you ever read In the Abyss? It's a short story from 1896 about a scientific expedition to the bottom of the sea, and what oddities might lurk in these dark waters.

I have included both the full text of In the Abyss in e-copy, as well an audiobook version for your convenience, because some of us may be more visual, while others might be more auditory. Two different roads to get to the same destination, depending on your preferred mode of travel.

http://www.telelib.com/authors/W/WellsHerbertGeorge/prose/plattnerstory/abyss.html

If you prefer a paper or hardback copy of In the Abyss this short story can be found in a volume of collected works by H G Wells known as The Plattner Story and Others.

I wanted to present short stories from time to time for spotlighted sci-fi reading because we all have different schedules and may read at different pace, and be in the mood for something that you can read at a fast pace. Full-length novels will also be coming should you chose to read along. I just decided to make the first challenge quickies.

In the Abyss was a new one for me, and I am glad I read it. It's not my all-time favorite science-fiction story, but I still enjoyed it, and found the descriptive writing quite beautiful, and like how it weaves this dreamy, otherworldly atmosphere while underwater. It also has nice suspense. While there is some creepiness, whether or not you consider it part of the genre horror I think will depend on your interpretation of the ending, because this is a story that's part mystery as well as sci-fi, and I think some of the events of the story are open to discussion. I have my own thoughts, but will save it for later to avoid spoilers, and I will hide any take I make with spoiler tags.

I think this one is also a safe story to start a read-along because even at it's darkest, it's still not a story that is pure nightmare fuel, and good for introductory reading that blurs the line between horror and scifi because I don't know what horror threshold everybody has since it's primarily a sci-fi club, and don't want to scare anybody too badly, if you want something with more graphic horor from H.G Wells then try The Sea Raiders instead.

I have something else on this cold day in October to share with lovers of sci-fi, fantasy and horror, a short story by Jules Verne, who is also the father of science fiction. A family can have two fathers after all! This gothic tale published in 1884 is titled Frritt-Flacc, and is definitely more paranormal than scifi, feels like an Edgar Allen Poe story. It's about a greedy doctor in a strange town called Luktrop, who gets an emergency call one night.

Frritt-Flacc will be presented in a very special way. It has it's own app, which you can download for free, and read a complete translation of in either English, Spanish or Portuguese with animated illustrations and sound affects. I thought it was a really fun idea and had to share it with you guys, it's almost like a minigame. There's also some bonus content with a short biography of Verne, discussion of the text and suggestions for science experiments.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.storymax.frrittflacc&hl=en_US&gl=US

Strangely there wasn't an option to read the text in the original French as far as I saw, but I have remedied that and included audiobook of Frritt-Flacc in it's native French out of respect for the author.

I hope you enjoy. The read-along is totally optional, if you decide to join in and comment then, awesome you win a bronze Voyager badge. You can read at any time, no deadline. If you are interested in reading, but would rather not read these particular titles then don't worry, there will be more posts with more stories and plenty of opportunities to travel. As you read, you badge will change from bronze, to silver to gold. Also as reminder you can undertake reading any science fiction title you want, and that too would count towards a badge, I am limited to posting publicly titles that would be in the public domain, but you're free to go on any adventure on your own through space and time, and am excited to hear about Yevgeny Zamyatin and EM Forester being read right now :)

Thank you for posting audiobooks for those that need them btw <3

I finally finished In The Abyss!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to take part, but there will never be a chance of me keeping pace to be totally honest :)

I hadn't encountered this story before, yet still it seemed incredibly familiar. I'm sure a lot of you will understand just what I mean by that.

Major spoilers follow:

Spoiler:

Years
  • It looks like Megan's badge just upgraded in tier, and Starlight is getting their first Victorious badge! I am happy as captain to confer these rare gems on you.

I have a quick question, would you guys be interested in simple do-at-home science experiments as an activity for the club sometimes? Things like how to make invisible ink or observing the moon.

Or maybe something more artistic even like a contest to draw your own space ship or fictional planet? If you don't have a Victorious Voyager badge then it would earn you a bronze badge, if you have a bronze one already then you upgrade to silver and if you have the silver then it turns your badge gold.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Had an unexpected day-off today so used some of the time to read the short stories and the mobile-story-game thing at last.

In the Abyss:
    Spoiler:

The Beautiful People:
    Spoiler:

The Hanging Stranger:
    Spoiler:

Fritt-Flacc:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It looks like Megan's badge just upgraded in tier, and Starlight is getting their first Victorious badge! I am happy as captain to confer these rare gems on you.

I have a quick question, would you guys be interested in simple do-at-home science experiments as an activity for the club sometimes? Things like how to make invisible ink or observing the moon.

Or maybe something more artistic even like a contest to draw your own space ship or fictional planet? If you don't have a Victorious Voyager badge then it would earn you a bronze badge, if you have a bronze one already then you upgrade to silver and if you have the silver then it turns your badge gold.
    I could go for some art stuff. Not particularly good at experiments and light pollution also kinda ruins the night sky experience. :(

Years
  • Hello everyone! Sorry for my long absence, as my fellow astronauts know, space time is not always the same for everyone and every thing. On my last solo mission your humble captain was moving through an area where the gravitational pull of the celestial bodies really warped time, and slowed me down. I am back aboard now though. Sending a Victorious Voyager badge to Rekoil, who I just realized also completed the horror/scifi reading challenge for autumn! I will be coming up with other kinds of events that the badge will be redeemable for this year.

I will be more involved in this club in the upcoming season, and have thought up some topic questions for my crew.

Topic: Aliens]

Share your thoughts on extraterrestrial life!

1. Do you believe in the existence of life outside of planet earth?

Yes, but with some caveats. I think we are probably alone, as far as this solar system goes. The other 7 planets don't seem to meet the conditions necessary to support life, even in the broadest sense or the word. A few of the moons of the outer planets sound like marginally better candidates for harboring life in some form i.e microorganisms beneath the ice sheets of Europa, if we're lucky. I don't think there is anything resembling intelligent life though in our planetary system outside of here on Earth. I suspect that there is advanced alien life out there, but probably much farther out in our vast universe. There are thought to be thousands of exoplanets in thousands of systems light years away, perhaps as many as a hundred billion celestial objects in the milky way, some resembling earth. I think the odds are that one of them ought to harbor a civilization.

I'd like to think Ross 128B in the constellation of Virgo could be an alien world. It's one of the closer exoplanets, about 11 light years away. the climate of Ross is thought to be even more temperate and ideal than earth for life. It closely orbits it's star, so radiation could be a problem, but because it's orbiting a red dwarf the heat and energy would also be less than what we receive from our sun, so depending on it's atmosphere it could be habitable.

2. What science fiction alien species would you like to visit earth, or visit the home planet of?

I would definitely want to meet the Heptapods from the Arrival. They resemble marine life, and were portrayed as such wise and gentle creatures in the aforementioned film. I think there is much we could learn from them, and hope if they paid us a visit that they would be able to guide humankind to be better than we are.

3. Are there any animals or plants on Earth that you think could pass for alien life forms?

The cat breed the sphynx always looked like an alien to me with that wrinkly skin and the piercing eyes. The Dumbo octopus could also pass as a benevolent life form from another world, an aquatic scifi creature. The delightful saiga antelope is somewhere between Pokemon and star wars to me. Going to add the hag fish as well, marinelife from our world that could have easily occupied the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine.

Venus fly traps always have unnerved me, the edges of the leaves remind me of fangs, and since they are carnivorous plants, they do have teeth sorta, in their way. Carnivorous plants in general give off vibes of monsters from distant planets, the Nepenthes Rajah is another that sends chills down my spine, kinda reminds me of the sarlacc outside of Jaba's Palace from Star Wars. One of the few meat-eating plants that I don't think seem scary are the tropical sundew, still looks like alien life, but it they are more disarming, like it's tentacles are fashioned from blown glass in an artist workshop. It's almost pretty.

Other plants that I think could be used in scifi movies include the Rainbow Eucalpytus tree. It's hard to believe that it's bark hasn't been painted. Jade vine also seems whimsical with it's neon colors, they are fit to Grace the flora of Pandora from Avatar. The Jabuticaba tree appears otherworldly-- the way the fruit grows all over the trunk, instead of hanging from the branches. Dragon Fruit cactuses have been on my mind lately too, I tried the fruit for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The cactus looks exotic and unusual as it is, and the fruit is especially out of this world. Who would expect the inside on this red and green lizard scale-textured fruit would have a white inside with black like a dalmatian dog's spotted coat? Speaking of spotted, ceropegia haygarthii are delightfully quirky-looking ones. Last but not least, snap dragon seed pods are pure nightmare fuel. You don't want to look, it's like seeing a bunch of severed heads growing on spikes.

Years
  • 1. Do you believe in the existence of life outside of planet earth?

Oh there's definitely other life out there. There's no way our little speck of a planet is the only one with life in the vast universe.

2. What science fiction alien species would you like to visit earth, or visit the home planet of?

Let's see....

-The Asgard from Stargate. They are peaceful (though they will defend themselves) and very technologically advanced. Kinda having a hard time thinking of any other alien species from Stargate that weren't either hostile or basically just humans lol Doesn't help that it's been like at least a decade since I last saw Stargate either xD

-Various races from Mass Effect: Quarians, Geth, Salarians, Turians, Asari. These are basically the 'friendly' races from Mass Effect that I find interesting. Plus the Geth, which might be an odd pick, but in one of the Mass Effect trilogy games you meet a non-hostile Geth who says the hostile ones are under the influence of the Reapers and there are plenty non-hostile ones outside of their reach (iirc, not entirely sure I'm remembering the last part correct lol). They are a machine species and if the only reason they are hostile really is the Reaper's influence, then I'd gladly meet the non-hostile ones ^.^

-From Doctor Who: Silurians, if those count, as according to Doctor Who lore they are technically from earth and already had advanced technology when we were still cave people. Would definitely like to meet some non hostile ones (some of them are hostile in the series). Alternatively the Ice Warriors, though it has the same predicament of only wanting to meet/have the non-hostile ones visit =p

3. Are there any animals or plants on Earth that you think could pass for alien life forms?

Found this with a quick google search:
    Spoiler:

It's a tardigrade, which is a microscopic animal.

Personally I was thinking more along the likes of some of the fish that dwell within the deep of our oceans:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Welcome back astronauts,

The newest scifi topic is ROBOTS.

Robots can appear in many forms in science fiction, automatons, androids, mecha, nanobots, cyborgs and more.
    Have you ever enjoyed games, books, TV or movies that featured robots in the plot or as characters, or is robot sci-fi something you don't like to read/watch/play?

While it's not my favorite genre of sci-fi, I have been pulled into a few good stories. I like Phillip K Dick's novella "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and the loose 80s movie adaptation of it Blade Runner, never saw the remake of it though. There are some lovely and moving old Twilight Zones that tackle this theme like the episode The Lonely, and one that Raybradbury wrote called I Sing the Body Electric. I like some of the Terminator movies. There were a lot of memorable Outer Limits for me too like The Hunt, Small Friends, Resurrection, I Robot.

Of course, robots don't just appear in fiction. We use them every day right now, there are robotic building kits, robo dogs, educational robots, surveillance systems, robot cooking grills, self-driving cars etc there was even a hotel staffed by robots. Have you ever used any robot devices before? If not, would you be interested in doing so in the event that you could, or do you dislike the idea?

Yes, I actually have a robot vacuum cleaner. I had gotten a cheap corded stick one that broke the first time I cleaned the house with it, so I decided not to go with another 50 dollar vacuum, and at least put a few hundred dollars into it this time, but as I looked for better vacuums I saw that there were robot vacuums that didn't cost that much more than I had planned to spend, so I decided to give one a try because it seemed like a cool idea, and might save me some time and work. So I got this Lydsto robot vacuum/mop-in-one that I fell in love with. It's pretty quiet, which is nice because I am used to a vacuum being really loud. It's really hard-working and hardy, it will go all around the house, and can handle lots of types of flooring like hardwood or tile, and an go up short stairs. It takes more time to clean carpets if they are high with dense weaves, but with some patience and maybe a stop to clean the bristles on the brush, it can do the job. It's smart, I enjoy wartching it learn, and remembering areas that it bumped into before-- veering before that happens next time. With the app you can draw floor plays for it to follow, and program it to clean by itself at certain times when you aren't home. It's attractive and compact, and was a good intro for me into the world of robots.

Would you say that in our world the development of robot technology is something ultimately with good or bad implications? They can improve or even save lives, they could also replace people, or be used for darker purposes.

This is a tricky one for me. I would say that the role robots play is positive, especially when I think of their potential for use in medicine. My aunt had a surgery that was performed by a robot for instance, so I definitely am grateful to that. There are services that are invaluable like rescue robots used in disaster areas. I also think the way robots are used by zoologists to discreetly study behavior of animals in the wild is interesting and can teach us more about wildlife, I love BBC earth and it's spy gorilla for instance. Other things though like military drones are not something I believe we should use. I think the idea of home robots are pretty benign like a robot lawn mower, but there should be some restrictions on using robots on an industrial level. It would be better for the economy to have people in manufacturing jobs than robots doing it all obviously. Also if technology advances the point of sentient, conscious robots then I think it creates a moral dilemma and philosophical question of how we define life, and if we should re-evaluate it and give robots rights. I think it would be cruel to normalize their use as slaves if we had reason to believe that they could think and/or feel. I suspect that is exactly what would continue to do though, considering the way we treat other life forms, and eachother, human nature probably won't change. Slaves have a way of rebelling though...

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Have you ever enjoyed games, books, TV or movies that featured robots in the plot or as characters, or is robot sci-fi something you don't like to read/watch/play?
    I liked R2D2 in the original Star Wars trilogy, if that counts.

Other than that I like how the Xenoblade series has realized robots.
    The first game very much starts out with two giant titans fighting each other, one of them being mechanical while the other is of organic material. After they stopped, life started to grow on both of them; the life on the "Mechonis" being very much mechanical beings capable of thought.

Have you ever used any robot devices before? If not, would you be interested in doing so in the event that you could, or do you dislike the idea?
    I don't recall doing so. Even though, I spend a good amount of time in the information industry (programming), I don't really have any interest in having a machine like that around, useful it may be. However, I don't have any particular reason for that. I do recognize that they can be very useful, though.

Would you say that in our world the development of robot technology is something ultimately with good or bad implications? They can improve or even save lives, they could also replace people, or be used for darker purposes.
    I consider progress (and that includes robot technology) to be neutral in nature. In practice it depends on how useful it is and on who finds it more useful. For the time being it looks more like people with a lot of ressources and money will get more out of them than everybody else.

Also, fun fact: the original meaning of the word robot is literally "slave".

Years
  • What's this crew? I'm getting a news transmission from planet Earth! *turns on the hologram projector*

NASA's James Webb space telescope has captured some breathtaking new images of Jupiter, using the infrared camera to show detail like the world has never before.

Evidently getting the pictures of Jupiter was some challenge because of how fast the planet rotates, but that was accounted for by compositing the image from three camera filters – red, yellow-green and cyan. The colors are so rich and stunning, the clouds dreamlike.

You can see Jupiter's north and south pole, and the highlight of auroras.

Jupiter's great red spot looks like smoke white from reflecting the sunlight.

You even faintly see the rings around Jupiter in the wider photo, and the glimmer of the moons Amalthea and Adrastea. Amalthea looks especially good, like a little seed pearl in the distance.

There are some fuzzy spots off in the background that scientists suspect may be galaxies.

What do you think?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...pes-detailed-new-images-of-jupiter-180980624/

If you don't feel like clicking the link, here they are.

Spoiler:

Also would you guys in future enjoy posts that now and then contain news stories like this related to astronomy, or other breakthroughs in science and technology?

Years
  • What's this crew? I'm getting a news transmission from planet Earth! *turns on the hologram projector*

NASA's James Webb space telescope has captured some breathtaking new images of Jupiter, using the infrared camera to show detail like the world has never before.

Evidently getting the pictures of Jupiter was some challenge because of how fast the planet rotates, but that was accounted for by compositing the image from three camera filters – red, yellow-green and cyan. The colors are so rich and stunning, the clouds dreamlike.

You can see Jupiter's north and south pole, and the highlight of auroras.

Jupiter's great red spot looks like smoke white from reflecting the sunlight.

You even faintly see the rings around Jupiter in the wider photo, and the glimmer of the moons Amalthea and Adrastea. Amalthea looks especially good, like a little seed pearl in the distance.

There are some fuzzy spots off in the background that scientists suspect may be galaxies.

What do you think?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...pes-detailed-new-images-of-jupiter-180980624/

If you don't feel like clicking the link, here they are.

Spoiler:

Also would you guys in future enjoy posts that now and then contain news stories like this related to astronomy, or other breakthroughs in science and technology?

Absolutely fine by me!

I'm also really excited to see what else the telescope finds. The possibilities are tantalising!

Still waiting for Artemis to launch too so we can take the next step in making long range space travel a reality!

Back