• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Til' death do us part

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dunno, the thought it nice, but I also like the thought of being indepenent and not being legally bound to another, even though I might love them. I also have no desire to start a family, that's just not my thing.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • For me..i still can't imagine my life as a married person...guys think that all what girls want is marriage..it's not true...the girl only decide marrige when she feels comfortable with that guy she choose...choosing the person to spend the rest of your life with isn't that random,it's important..we understand it's not easy but it's good to find someone who would..bite the bullet to be with you ;) ..so yeah at some point of my life i will be married to the person i love ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    If you can't make a silent vow, why make a vocal one?

^ My opinion on the matter.

Assuming someone would want to marry me. I'm anything but a ladies man
    12.%20tongue.gif

<3

Years
  • My opinion on marriage in general is that it's a serious matter. As I said in an earlier post, it's the highest level of commitment you can show for someone. Some people would wonder what the point of it was since you're just getting the government involved. As for the religious person, whatever religion they may be, it usually means something more than that. Not wanting to marry is one thing but passing judgment on those who do is another. lol not saying anyone in this thread is doing that but you never know what someone is thinking.

Personally, divorce wouldn't be an option because once I make the decision to marry someone I won't back out of it once it happens. That's why I plan to date for a long time if needed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Personally, divorce wouldn't be an option because once I make the decision to marry someone I won't back out of it once it matters. That's why I plan to date for a long time if needed.

I agree with that statement. I wouldn't marry anyone without dating for about 5 years. It seems like a long time, but I would want to be sure about who I'm making that devotion to. Not only to make sure I can be happy with her, but so she could be happy with me.

Nakala Pri

I don't think highly of marriage, to be honest. Your partner can leave you and take everything and your left with a god damn pittance. Simple vows aren't enough to control somebody, there needs to be a damn life sentence to get them to stay with you.

Unless your in love, that is.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm not sure how many guys out there would be willing to deal with me for so long haha.

Besides that, I honestly think I might just be too untrusting for something like that. People are good liars...you never know exactly who anyone is. I can't see myself trusting someone enough to be in such a serious relationship with them.
    If that ever changes, though, maybe. Preferably not anytime soon...I'd rather deal with some problems prior to getting into any sort of relationship. I don't want to drag some poor, unsuspecting guy into my life and have him scared off. I;

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Yes marriage would be nice... without the kids though...because marriages do fall apart when you get a baby...

Years
  • I'm not sure how many guys out there would be willing to deal with me for so long haha.

Besides that, I honestly think I might just be too untrusting for something like that. People are good liars...you never know exactly who anyone is. I can't see myself trusting someone enough to be in such a serious relationship with them.
    If that ever changes, though, maybe. Preferably not anytime soon...I'd rather deal with some problems prior to getting into any sort of relationship. I don't want to drag some poor, unsuspecting guy into my life and have him scared off. I;

One word: communication!

Everyone lies and that is a sad truth. But I think that starting things out with a simple friendship helps in developing future relationships even better. I guess what I'm trying to say is that taking things slowly helps both parties in the long run and just talking with people can help you determine who's trustworthy and who isn't. Eventually you'll see who lies out of habit and who doesn't.

Yes marriage would be nice... without the kids though...because marriages do fall apart when you get a baby...

Not all of them. On the contrary, it helps a couple grow because they would have to make the decision between being selfish and raising a helpless child in this world.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • I believe that building each others life and earning each others trust is the best way to live a better life. In addition, it adds happiness, money and children. I want to be married, somehow, love is the only thing I want to feel.

Years
  • I believe that building each others life and earning each others trust is the best way to live a better life. In addition, it adds happiness, money and children. I want to be married, somehow, love is the only thing I want to feel.

I agree. Helping each other through thick and thin could grant happiness. There could be major fights or just minor squabbles, but that shouldn't end a relationship or even a marriage from the get-go. One of the greatest things in any relationship (imo) is selflessness and never lacking it on either side.

I want to feel loved as I once felt, and I wish for everyone to experience what I have felt. All the virtues needed in marriage (or just relationships in general) all trace back to one source: love.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Uuuh to put it simply : no.
    I do not have the desire to get married and if possible I'd like to be single for most of my life, too.

And the subject of children is even more complicated. I'm ridiculously picky about the other half of the DNA going into the process.

Years
  • Probably not. It could be hard spending your life with someone who you might quarrel with a lot.

I'm just thankful that since i'm not a girl, I don't have to worry about having kids myself. V_V

Aiireko

Artist
    Years
  • well.. xD right now I don't wanna get married I'm way to young !
    but when I'm at the right age and I have someone I wanna be with forever, why not ? :D

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I'm still indecisive on the matter. Committing yourself to one person for the rest of your life kinda scares me. But I also found it nice to share your life with the right person. As others mentioned divorce isn't an option for me so I'm gonna be picky when choosing the one.
    Right now, despite my young age, I already has marriage views on someone and she knows it. We're just waiting to be older and see if things could work out :D

TY

Yeah i wanna get married for sure, but not now since im kinda too young for this D:

I wanna be bonded with someone forever, that is if someone wants to be bonded with me forever in the first place xP

Back