• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TL;DR Stop writing such long posts.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • How much effort do you put in your posts? Do you usually make really long posts or are your posts short and quick to the point? Is there a certain writing style you like typing in or do write how you speak?

Generally I think for me it depends on the topic.For topics (alot of them being in Chit-Chat Cafe) that I'm really interested in or have a lot to say about, I can make really long posts. This is an example of that. I can ramble on and go off tangents often, both in real life and online. I was known as "chatterbox" in my family when I was little. I can also make really long greetings in The Welcome Lounge cause I just like making the new users feel happy by helping them out as much as possible. Usually I just type what comes to mind. Sometimes I can make little stories to and sometimes I like adding humor (and failing. ) and wit to my post.

You guys?

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • It depends where I post. Usually I'll just post what's on my mind. Of course, I'll check over my post for spelling mistakes (which I always miss XD) and delete/add things if need be but in general I don't make my post A+ English essays. In forums such as D&D, CQ&F, I'll usually post in a more formal manner, especially if I'm trying to argue a point or contribute to a serious discussion.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Of course, I'll check over my post for spelling mistakes (which I always miss XD) and delete/add things if need be but in general I don't make my post A+ English essays.

Oh I'm always doing this! In fact I think there might be somethings in my OP that I might change, add or fix. XD

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • It depends. In D&D, I try and make my posts a little lengthier since that's what everyone else does. But I'm definitely more of someone who likes to just stick to the point with their posts. I feel not a lot of people read them if you make them too long.

Aashutosh Kumar

The Friend of Friends
    Years
  • It depends. In D&D, I try and make my posts a little lengthier since that's what everyone else does. But I'm definitely more of someone who likes to just stick to the point with their posts. I feel not a lot of people read them if you make them too long.

You're Right! No one likes to read long post! they think its Boring! So, its best to right posts of 3 to 4 Lines and also post some good quality posts with information and Help for others!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I put little to no effort into my posts but sometimes I ramble and take a few minutes. I don't know, I just generally type what's immediately on my mind~

Years
  • Like Nathan said, it really depends on where I post. If I'm making update posts in my section, or something, then those tend to be longer in length. But with a post like this, then they're just straightforward to my point. I don't really care about the quantity of my post, I care about quality~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I tend to make my posts quick and to-the-point, even in more discussion-heavy threads.

That's not to say that I've never made any rediculously long posts though. XD

Sirfetch’d

Depends really. I feel a short and to the point post is just as good as a post that contains 2000 words. All that matters is how you word it and how relevant it is to the topic haha. I generally try to fit all of my thoughts on the subject into 5 or 6 sentences at the most because if I do anymore it becomes off topic and messy.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • If the topic is less serious or something I'm not VERY interested in, my posts are usually shorter, but in the case of either very serious topics or something I love to talk about in general, my posts get longer and more complex. In both cases though, I put forth the effort to correct my posts with spelling and grammar checks and make sure that my idea comes through clearly.

(Although if I think something isn't clear, but don't know any other way to put it, I'll usually say something along the lines of "Not sure if you guys get this, maybe it isn't clear..." that way people can either agree or assure me it is clear.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Meh, not much effort tbh. I used to ramble, but not so much. If it's something I'm really passionate about then I'll make an effort to post a greater amount. I also feel like you can say much with little words, than with a sea of text. I post a few sentences then move on, and that's fine with me. :)

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Most of my posts are quite long. I put a lot of thought into mine, and say what I need to say, so I don't have to repeat myself. I have a lot to say about a lot of things, also. However, it does depend on the subject. Even if I know a lot about the subject, if it's something I don't really enjoy or like, then I usually don't say a lot about it, as to not offend anyone.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I write as much as I feel I need to say. I sort of write how I speak. I'm a lot more formal when I write than when I speak, and that translates across to everything I do. A lot of the words I use in my posts or in my essays I don't normally use in my everyday language.

Years
  • I tend to go as in-detail as I possibly can, usually because I often have a lot to say but am not sure of how to say it without excluding important stuff. I feel that if I leave something out, it might not provide enough explanation behind whatever it is i'm saying.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I stick to the point of the section/thread, really. I don't go for too long, and I like keeping it short. Makes it easier to edit and read :)

Years
  • I try to keep my posts short and to the point. But if I'm going to make a long post, I want it as direct to the topic as possible.

Last edited:
    Back