• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TLOZ: a link between worlds. (NO SPOILERS)

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
    the new zelda was released today (22NOV13) and i was wondering who is excited, who has it and who plans on getting it? If you have it, without spoiling anything, how do you like it so far?

i picked it up a couple of hours ago and man am i impressed, i would definitely recommend anyone who loves Zelda to pick it up!

pixelrynn

SHSL Writer
    Years
    I can't go to game stop to get it right now, but I'm very excited to get it. What I've heard so far makes it sound very impressive!

Last edited:

TY

I looked up some vids of it and im quite impressed of it, its just a huge shame i cannot play it as i dont have any new Nintendo product (unless its also released on DS, that would be amazing).

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    I have it, and I just beat the 5th dungeon. I love the characters, and the graphics are great as well. I really love that they returned to the older style overworld, as the transportation methods in Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword were really boring and time-consuming.

The dungeons themselves haven't been too hard so far, but the last 2 bosses were a challenge. @-@

The only thing I dislike is the new item gimmick. I haven't found it too useful or interesting yet. Despite that, ALttP is my favorite LoZ game and this is a wonderful sequel. ^°^

Years
    I've heard some great things about the game, and as a huge Zelda fan I'm definitely planning on getting it. Though some people have told me that you need to have played ALttP to fully appreciate this one, so I'm going to have to do that first. :P

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    I've got this game since Wednesday, as one shop locally wanted to leak it already.
    I didn't have time to play more than I Recorded on YouTube, though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I've heard some great things about the game, and as a huge Zelda fan I'm definitely planning on getting it. Though some people have told me that you need to have played ALttP to fully appreciate this one, so I'm going to have to do that first. :P
    Pretty sure you don't have to play LTTP to enjoy this any more or appreciate it, or at least from what I heard. Granted, LTTP is one game I still never played.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I think I'm the only person that thinks this game looks bland and uninspired. The rental system could have been a good idea but the fact that you keep the items until you die pretty much nullfies any strategy in picking items, since you can pretty much carry a full arsenal unless the game is brutally difficult - which I can't see happening. ALttP wasn't my favorite Zelda by a long shot and I'm not in any hurry to go back into the exact same world- and they haven't even made that many changes to it. The art style is also horrendously ugly.

idk, maybe whenever I eventually get around to buying and playing it, I might prove myself totally wrong. But as for now, this is the first Zelda in years that I haven't felt the need to go out and purchase day one, and Zelda is my favorite game series. :/

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The last dungeon has the most epic-sounding theme in any Zelda game period. I only wish dungeons were longer, they felt like one big puzzle you had to solve to get to the boss, and not even a gigantic one. Still, love what they went for in the Desert/Misery Mire dungeon.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A lot of people seem to be finishing this one quite quickly. However it's highly acclaimed as being a very successful title already. I think it would have been extremely difficult to bring gamers back to a world created 21 years ago while maintaining a fresh appearance. It's hard to judge a Zelda game at a glance, so I can't get into too much detail. I do like the idea of dungeons being more free to do in the order you please. It does look like it's very respective of the original games in the series. It seems like it's so heavily based on its puzzles, which should make gamers feel the traditional nostalgia. While I'm not sure it's the right Zelda game for me (I'm awaiting the larger budget Wii U title), it does look like a nice little treat for a lot of gamers native to the TLoZ series.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hm, well, it's quite a change from the previous Zelda games, but at the same time, I feel as though it still has that traditional Zelda flare, if that makes sense. Right now I'm at the 4th dungeon (or well, I'd also call it the 4th dungeon that I'm in), and it's really not too, too, bad! It's actually kind of fun since I haven't played Alttp before, so, I guess this is all new to me. I actually like the wall concepts - makes interesting places to jump in to!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I've just started playing this game yesterday, and right now I'm stuck at the Lost Woods dungeon at Lorule because of that Wall Master boss I have trouble beating (if anyone knows, please do while I move to another dungeon with a much easier boss). I really like the side quests here so far. What I'm terrified most about this game is the infamous Zelda cycle destroying anything that's good about this game.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I like it quite a bit. I'm at Turtle Rock, kinda stuck. I'm gonna take another crack at it tomorrow. The music is really good, possibly my favorite in the series. Some of the tracks seem to have a jazz influence, and the instrumentation is really good.

Probably helps that LTTP was one of the first video games I've ever played. Overall, this is the best nostalgia trip ever.

My boyfriend is dying for this game so I'm going to try and get him a copy for Christmas. It looks really adorable and I'm someone who's never really even played Zelda. I'm hoping to try it out whenever I can since I think it'd appeal to me and would certainly help me see what all the hype is about, haha.

...aand maybe I'll start playing Zelda after trying this one. :D

Back