• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TMs/HMs wishlist

Years
    Fly may not be the best competitively, but it is a decently good-powered move in casual play. It's only horrible in battle on a competitive scale because the opponent can easily switch to a Flying resist.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I just want moves with double battles and triple battles in mind replaced by whatever new TMs will be given by the gym leaders. As for HMs, Rock Smash use to be a TM before changing to an HM move for Gen 3 and Gen 4, only to latter change back into a TM move. Flash would've been a better example, as it first debuted as an HM move. Both moves were needed to progress through the region despite being changed to TMs, making it easier for trainers to replace them back for better moves.

Years
    I'd just love to see them get rid of HMs altogether. They have always been kind of a nuisance, since most are pretty useless in battle yet you can't get rid of them whenever you please. I'd prefer it is they were more along the lines of abilities. Where you can teach them to Pokemon, but they don't take up a move slot.

As for TMs, I would just like to see them expand on the number of them. Sometimes getting moves is more hassle than it's worth, and a wider variety of TMs would make that much easier. I pretty much want to see all moves as a TM, except those that are species exclusive or meant to be for only a few species.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Same could be said about Surf, and while Latias/Latios gave us hope for Fly no longer being necessary, I'm not so certain that'll be the case. Fly will most likely be turned into how Latias/Latios fly, or on the town map only. No more short animation, just... literally flying. It would bring "Fly" in line with the rest of the game (like how you manually have to surf - you can't just skip the ocean). That would be the next logical (although incredibly annoying) step. With that said, if they do go that route there might end up being locations (other than locations that hold legendary Pokemon) only reachable in the sky (which would be amazing) - giving Fly a real purpose.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Give me back my Giga Drain TM, please replace Rock Smash/Secret Power! Thank you.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I hope... we'll get objects and no HM.

I always find myself force to have a HM Slave (or sometime two of them *cough*Oras*cough*) so I can't use all the Pokemon I really want...

I can't agree more. I'm so sick of being forced to sacrifice a member of my team in order to have a HM slave. I don't mind it too much for progression but end game play I think they should come up with unlockables towards items that replace hm's at least.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I hate HMs, they're a pain in the rear. That's why I love X and Y so much, there were only 5 HMs and 4 of them were moderately useful in battle so I only had to sacrifice a move slot for Cut and not worry about having to keep a slot in my party free for an HM slave.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Remove HM's entirely, and make it so that if a pokemon could learn the HM, they can use it without taking up a move slot.

For example: Squirtle can use surf from the start of the game (or maybe after a couple badges) without having to learn the move.

Years
    I hate HMs, they're a pain in the rear. That's why I love X and Y so much, there were only 5 HMs and 4 of them were moderately useful in battle so I only had to sacrifice a move slot for Cut and not worry about having to keep a slot in my party free for an HM slave.

5th Gen also didn't have very prominent use for HM's. In B/W the only HM you really needed to progress was Cut (on the bush at the Dreamyard) while B2/W2 had some water areas that you needed Surf to cross.

Back