• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too much of PC a bad thing?

Are you/Have you ever been addicted to PC?

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well, at the moment I am addicted to PC. I am losing sleep because of it - in fact it's 1:03 in the morning and I have been on PC since 9:30. O.O I've actually been wasting my holidays inside rather than being outside in the sunshine.
    Don't get me wrong I am not dissing PC, to be honest it's my fault. Lol.
    Spoiler:

Anyway~
    Are you or has there been a time where you have been addicted to PC? What where some of the consequences of being on for too long?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I WAS, one year ago. I wasn't ever again; got sick of the mods and the people in general.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I haven't been here for a week yet and I am getting a bit bored. :\ When I have school, I most probably will check things out here for a short time then log out.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I could say I have been addicted to PC numerous times this year ever since I returned in March. Though, I have to admit, it's the people who I talk to everyday that keep me here, 'Cause I really only come on to talk to them through VM's. If I didn't have any friends here, I probably wouldn't be as addicted like I am now. o3o

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I was, I am slowly becoming less active. But even when I meet my lowest amount of activity possible, I will still be considered very active. @_@

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    No, I have never had a PC addiction. I think the most active I've ever been was last spring/summer, when I made a few good friends who kept me company since I was lacking in the RL friend department for that brief time period, but I had plenty of other things to do for fun.

Those friends aren't as active anymore, so nowadays my activity level depends almost solely on the number of threads I feel like posting in that day, and how active my usual hangouts here are. I'll make a small handful of posts a day maximum, though most of the time I only make one or two, or none at all.

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
    I've only just joined PC and am not addicted yet. Honestly though, I can see myself becoming quite addicted here. I doubt I will be so addicted that I'll 'lose sleep over it' but you never know.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've been hopelessly addicted to PC at several points. I eventually managed to forcefully disappear from PC altogether sometime in 2007 and that lasted all of two years before I came back on this account. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I try to leave PC, but I always come back. Dx I don't know why, considering I actually do nothing here.

Evoli

All that glitters is not gold.
    Years
    I've been addicted to video games before, but I don't think I've ever had a PC addiction. The only reason I'm even on as often as I am is because I don't have the money to go out and do things elsewhere at the moment.

I do believe that being on the computer too much can be bad for you though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Hmm, more of an OVP thread, wouldn't you say?

Last year I was on PC constantly. With HG/SS about to be released in Japan and the vast free time I had, I didn't know where else to spend it most of the day. So, I usually resorted to PC with nothing more to do.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Acctually I don't think I'm addicted to PC.
    I do like spending time on it, but i never stay on it late into the night or wake up early to check what's going on on PC.
    But I do miss it sometimes if I haven't been on it for longer than a day!

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I have yet to be addicted to PC lol
    Even though I love it, that doesn't mean that I stay up all night on here.
    Latest I've stayed on here was 'til midnight.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Well, it's been a month since I joined this place. There are times when I'm addicted to it (to see if a BMGf friend is online) and times when I'm not (not finding good places to post, as well as not seeing any PC friends online).

Back