• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I am not a fan of transporter and bank. Just saying.

With how long we had to wait for these two products couldn't Nintendo have made them more user friendly to navigate? I am tcould have sworn my Box 1 in Black 2 was empty already.... but now it's full and I need to move EVERYTHING just to transfer three little Pokemon. :-(

Years
    Woot another big trade! This involved me getting 15 shinies and one was a monsoon vivillon. That thing is so pretty.

I think after I finish my shiny collection, I'm shooting for a shiny vivillon and then shiny unown collection.

Years
    Nothing makes me angrier than breeding for ages for a flawless Iron Fist Chimchar, finally getting one with the right IV's, EV training it only to realise it has Blaze.
    So I start again this time I have my flawless Iron Fist Chimchar I made sure of it, so EV trained that. Oh what's that the nature is wrong? I want to jump in an active volcano.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Woot another big trade! This involved me getting 15 shinies and one was a monsoon vivillon. That thing is so pretty.

I think after I finish my shiny collection, I'm shooting for a shiny vivillon and then shiny unown collection.

Okay first things first, Vivillon is my favorite Gen 6 Pokémon and up there on my list of all time favorites, probably #3. Sandstorm is the best Vivillon.

Second, I am not sure Unown is available Shiny in all forms.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    Okay first things first, Vivillon is my favorite Gen 6 Pokémon and up there on my list of all time favorites, probably #3. Sandstorm is the best Vivillon.

Second, I am not sure Unown is available Shiny in all forms.

Unown should be since it's catchable in all its forms(?)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I've heard that only some are available Shiny, that may be wrong, I don't know. Of course you should always catch them in Premier. :)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I've heard that only some are available Shiny, that may be wrong, I don't know. Of course you should always catch them in Premier. :)

I've heard this too, something about IVs determining both Shininess and Form and thus only certain forms can be shiny.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I thought IVs only determined the form? o.o

In gen 4 I believe they also determined shininess. I know catching a shiny and calculating it's IVs was the only way to figure out your Secret ID in those games.

EDIT: According to bulbapedia it was generation 2 where IV determined both shininess and form. No mention of some of them not being able to be shiny in any other gen. So it looks possible...good luck. 2 Years of SS and I only have the one.

Last edited:
    Years
    Good to know it seems possible, thanks guys:)

I know it will be hard, but a complete shiny collection of everyone Seemed daunting at first too. I already have two different shiny unown so that's a start. I used to have about 7 different ones at one point.
    I also would have had 2 different vivillon but I was eager to help a certain someone with their collection at the beginning of it:)

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    In gen 4 I believe they also determined shininess. I know catching a shiny and calculating it's IVs was the only way to figure out your Secret ID in those games.

EDIT: According to bulbapedia it was generation 2 where IV determined both shininess and form. No mention of some of them not being able to be shiny in any other gen. So it looks possible...good luck. 2 Years of SS and I only have the one.

Yes, Generation II this was true.

In Generation III and D/P/Plat the room/cave you were in determined the form they took. Each room had four to five of them in there. You could easily shiny hunt or RNG to get them all SHiny.

Hg/SS the mechanic for their form was based on having solved puzzles in the ruins. As you solve puzzles more forms are unlocked. Once again, you can shiny hunt or RNG to your hearts content.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I might be able to RNG shiny Unown with HP Grass 31/11/30/30/31/31 iirc that's what I ID abused for. Have to check when I get home hmmm

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I do believe HP Psychic is best if possible. It gets STAB on that. Obviously nobody is battling with it anyway as it's weak and only learns HP. Also the power rate in previous games is pointless as HP now has a standard power rate of 60 in XY.

EDIT: For anybody trying to RNG Shiny Unown, for the love of Kirk catch them in a Premier Ball!! I will love you forever.

Also I do believe any Shiny Unown are going to be like RingoH's Gen 2 starters in Premier Balls, everybody will want one!! If you can clone that is.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    All this shiny unown talk makes me want to actively start the search now. Even though I'm more interested in the vivillon. XD

Suck up to Lugia for Shiny Vivillon. He has the full collection. Myself personally, I'm being an idiot and plan on breeding every Shiny Vivillon form I can on X. Once I get one form I'll change my region, restart and get back to the Daycare. I only need to hatch a 6IV Female before I truly start the process. I already have Females in Premier fully Egg Moved with Compound Eyes. I just need that sweet 6IV.

Also insane considering I haven't hatched a single Shiny Vivillon yet. But it's happening. I will have to trade for the few odd forms my NA 3DS won't be able to region change for. I know Monsoon is one of them.

Years
    I might be able to RNG shiny Unown with HP Grass 31/11/30/30/31/31 iirc that's what I ID abused for. Have to check when I get home hmmm

Got a fun little challenge for you. 0/0/0/0/0/0 Unown with neutral nature just for giggles. (If that's even possible)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I believe this should work for Unown. I don't know encounter slots and all that I just ran a search to see if 0/0/0/0/0/0 is possible. Got this:

Trade Corner DCC

@azire I can clone, RNG, and extract .pkm files on Gen 4 so we're all good. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back