• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Suck up to Lugia for Shiny Vivillon. He has the full collection. Myself personally, I'm being an idiot and plan on breeding every Shiny Vivillon form I can on X. Once I get one form I'll change my region, restart and get back to the Daycare. I only need to hatch a 6IV Female before I truly start the process. I already have Females in Premier fully Egg Moved with Compound Eyes. I just need that sweet 6IV.

Also insane considering I haven't hatched a single Shiny Vivillon yet. But it's happening. I will have to trade for the few odd forms my NA 3DS won't be able to region change for. I know Monsoon is one of them.

I doubt I'm that good of a suck - up :|

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    I'd be more interested if it weren't for the fact that Unown can't breed. Must have good females in matching or rare Balls.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    My Daily dose of making EV jealous......

I finally managed to get not only one but TWO females out of my HP Breeding (although one does not have the hidden ability so will not be the Mum to any of my breeding):

Trade Corner DCC

Trade Corner DCC
    Eevee
    Trade Corner DCC

Lvl 1. -- Adaptability -- Female
    31/30/31/X/30/31 - HP Ghost

Trade Corner DCC

Trade Corner DCC
    Eevee
    Trade Corner DCC

Lvl 1. -- Anticipation -- Female
    31/30/31/X/30/30 - HP Flying

Trade Corner DCC

Trade Corner DCC
    Eevee
    Trade Corner DCC

Lvl 1. -- Adaptability -- Male
    31/31/31/31/X/31 - Hidden Power Dark

Trade Corner DCC

Trade Corner DCC
    Eevee
    Trade Corner DCC

Lvl 1. -- Anticipation -- Male
    31/31/31/X/31/30 - HP Water

Last but not least.... my first of these to have all 6Iv's be 30 or 31:

Trade Corner DCC

Trade Corner DCC
    Eevee
    Trade Corner DCC

Lvl 1. -- Anticipation -- Male
    30/30/31/30/30/30 -- HP Fighting

My list of Eevee's with Hidden Powers with at least 5IV's of 30-31 is:
    Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Dark

EDIT: To Add:

All this discussion has me wwwaaaayyyy tooooo tempted to RNG a full collection of Unown.

Too many Pokemon on my wish list.... *sigh*

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Didn't take me as long as I feared to get a female HA Fennekin with 3 egg moves. It popped out flawless woooooooo! (I only got one though so no additions to my shop. Darn.) So then I went to start on my next breeding project... HA Vivillion. Of course the first step was to catch the right one. Second thing I encountered on my hunt... shiny Ledyba.

So, yeah. Shinies seem to pop up more often without shiny charm. :p
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA /flee

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Griffy I hate you... although in a few days I'll have more shinies than all of trade corner combined. ;) Hopefully, unless I end up like mac.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Two!!!!!!!!! I also found a shiny 3 IV Cloyster in the next couple days. >:[

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Even with XY, my random shiny encounters are nonexistant. Zero, nothing, nada. Not a single wild or bred shiny ever. :(

I think that was what brought me into RNG, though. :P

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Legitimately, and aside from the shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, and aside from X and Y, then only time I ever encountered and caught a shiny was on my friend's LeafGreen game. As soon as I got some Pokéballs, I encountered a shiny Pidgey on Route 1 (or was it Route 2?)...
    It was a long time ago though, and I was kinda bummed that my friend restarted it because he didn't like the name I gave to the player. :P

Aw well~

Anyway, I went back to MM-ing a shiny Eevee while letting both parent Eevees reach lv90+ :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I've only encounted three wild Shiny. Gligar, Camurupt and Trapinch. I've bred more but I always trade them away. I want Flawless Shiny with my OT preferably in a Premier Ball with Egg Moves. Anything less than that is trade fodder. I'm currently collecting all Unavailable Legendary, EV and lunis have been the biggest help with this so far.

Years
    I've only encounted three wild Shiny. Gligar, Camurupt and Trapinch. I've bred more but I always trade them away. I want Flawless Shiny with my OT preferably in a Premier Ball with Egg Moves. Anything less than that is trade fodder. I'm currently collecting all Unavailable Legendary, EV and lunis have been the biggest help with this so far.

What are you still missing? I still have legendaries that I need to transfer over.

This is the first game i have ever encountered any shinies as well. At least the game has more than made up for it though. Now if only I could get this shiny spritzee to hatch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    The worry over shiny charm.... Has anyone studied how many hours they played BEFORE shiny charm in relation to how many shinies they had? Then compared the same play time AFTER?

On Y I put in 300 hours (ok, 299 hours) before I got my shiny charm, and truthfully not one shiny. I also was not hunting them. I am only at 310 hours of total game time on it now.... although admittedly still no shinies.

On X I am at just shy of 100 hours, and have 2 shinies. HOWEVER:
    I have been attempting to complete my Kalos Dex ONLY through in game means(other than Y Exclusives I traded over, and ones that evlove via trade, etc). I am catching ONLY a female of each species, and ONLY catching in Premier Balls. I have had two random shiny encounters.... But I attribute that in part to my hunt for rare species. I spent four hours sitting in one spot sweet scenting for a Lapras.... which kept showing up Male, and the few females would faint themselves. WHen you sit in one spot sweet scenting, running from every encounter that is not what you want, then repeating.... You face many more encounters thus have many more times that you could encounter a shiny. It's just pure odds.

(But I am still not getting SHiny Charm on my X.... although part of that is I am too lazy to do it a second time. Trading everything over would not be enough)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    Need some advice (Trading)

Would it be wise to trade my lvl 31 Genesect for a lvl 100 Shiny Scizor with 6iv

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Shinies, huh? I believe I'm about more than 200 hours in and found no shiny... then again, I'm just past the 2nd gym still o.o so I don't really even know what I was doing. o.o

Someone give me a number. I want to know how many Helix babies to put in the Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I believe this should work for Unown.

@azire I can clone, RNG, and extract .pkm files on Gen 4 so we're all good. ;)

I do not believe I have ever seen encounter slots for Unown.

However, I would do it in Platinum. In HG/SS if you've already solved the puzzles(Which unless you are restarting I have to assume you have) then each variety is available all at once. The form is not determined by the usual encounter slot but by PID. (Note: https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation#unown_shape )

In Platinum there are seperate rooms for the letters that spell out "Friend", in which those rooms will only have those letters. Once you have the whole alphabet there is a room in which you can enter to recieve ? and ! both as a 50% chance.

However, even in Platinum those other 20 forms are going to be rough.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I'm getting close to 400 hours in my game. So far, 6 random encounter shinies (1 outside safari), 2 bred (1 was masuda'd). So 8 total shinies without a shiny charm.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'm getting close to 400 hours in my game. So far, 6 random encounter shinies (1 outside safari), 2 bred (1 was masuda'd). So 8 total shinies without a shiny charm.
    That's rather impressive. I had played my White version for nearly 2 years before I reached 500 hours. I don't use that cart for anything now though, so that time will never go up. Sadly I have not had as much luck on the shiny front in X and Y. I only found 2 and lost both of them. The Tangela was cool though, I have to admit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back