• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Mudkip.

Too nostalgic not to go with the cutest thing ever.

But I will absolutely not use Mega Swampert (don't let mudkips take too much protein).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My first option would be Mudkip. In general, Swampert is great, and it makes a great tank. Alongside, its design isn't that bad either; suits it quite well. I'm also really looking forward to getting a hold of its mega, as it looks simply stunning. Second option is Treecko, due to similar reasons; can't wait to try its mega-evolution. Third is definitely Torchic.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe I'll go with Mudkip. Out of the three starters I played with in Sapphire it was the one I bonded with the best for some reason. Actually my first and latest Swamperts have been the only Mudkips I've owned to make me feel that way. Perhaps I'll just trade my Swampert (my latest one, which is related to the first... grandkip I think...could be great grandkip... )over and hopefully buy her the Mega stone :3.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Definitely Torchic. I chose it on my first time through Sapphire, plus I didn't use the Mystery Gift one in my run through X. So I haven't used Blaziken in a while, plus I have to for nostalgia's sake.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Where's the love for Torchic :(? I always choose Fire, so this will be mine, plus I like Blaziken better anyways.

I love torchic. I mean, that bird is so cute (yes cuter than mudkip, to me) and blaziken is a freaking beast. IMO it's better than sceptile, at least pre-mega.

Sadly, its role as a starter got... destroyed(?) in XY. Few picked it because of that torchic event when XY was released.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Although I love Torchic than any other Pokemon, I'm just gonna plan to breed my XY Blaziken and just transfer it in ORAS, and choose Mudkip coz he's a water type, has a badass bruhvelution, and fits the theme of Hoenn too much :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    On Alpha Sapphire, I'm going with Mudkip because it was my starter in Sapphire, I like water starters best/always go with them in my main game of each pair, and Mudkip is my favorite out of those 3. On Omega Ruby, I'm debating between trying Treecko or going with Mudkip again. I do like Mudkip a lot, so it may win out for both files (with the other starters traded over/bred instead).

I'll probably use my starter's mega, unless there's another new mega that I'd rather use.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I might honestly start with Torchic like I did back in the RSE days because I didn't use Mega Blaziken on my X Y playthrough. I really want treecko too though because that one grew on me the most over the years. I might use Pokebank and have both of them.

Years
  • I will be going with Treecko.
    *It was the starter I picked on my first Ruby Play through.
    * Its my favorite Hoenn starter anyway.
    * Mega septile looks epic and the part Dragon typing looks like it should be fun.
    *Was tempted to go Torchic because mega Blaziken is cool, but was on X so not new.
    *The Mudkip line is one of my least favorite starters.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I always say I'll try something new, but I know I'll probably go with Torchic again. I have chosen Mudkip and Treecko in the past, but I don't think I ever finished an RSE run with Treecko. Swampert yes, once or twice.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Torchic.

My very first run of Ruby had Torchic as my starter, only fitting that for the remake it will be my starter again.

And if we do get the opportunity to be given our starter's respective mega stone in the main story, I have no doubt that I will use a Mega Blaziken.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm thinking of using Treecko because Mega Sceptile looks so amazing, but I do love Torchic... :(

Gen III starters are all my favs, picking one is always the hardest for me of all the gens.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mudkip, because "I herd you liek mudkipz"

Umm.. Yeah I actually love Mudkip (along the other 2 lovely Hoenn starters). :P
    I'ma take Mudkip as my starter for OR and Treecko for AS. :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Treecko, paying homage to my starter in Emerald. :) Plus, Mega Sceptile is too cool.

King Zekrom

Mega Evolution!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2014
    Definitely Treecko! It's my avatar for goodness sake XD. Something about that pokemon made me think it was soooo cool when I was a kid (and I still am) and I just want to relive the old days.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll be picking Torchic because I chose Torchic in my original play of Sapphire. I also never used Mega Blaziken in X so it'll be new to me.

Years
  • I still have my Sceptile from Ruby and the event Torchic, so I'll be going with Mudkip. I might still use the event Torchic, though.

Back