• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trick Questions!

Years
    Quick! How many months in the year have 28 days?!

Answer: All of them.

What're your opinions on trick questions? Like em, think they're useless, use'em a lot? Which ones are your favorite?

One I use every day: How many Chuck Norris' does it take to screw a light bulb?

Answer: None, because the light bulb would be so scared of that much awesome in the vicinity that it would explode instantaneously.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ooh, trick questions are fun. I don't use them much, but I like answering them (and feeling smug when I get them right).

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Ooh, trick questions are fun. I don't use them much, but I like answering them (and feeling smug when I get them right).

This. XD Unfortunately for me, I tend to be a little to slow on the uptake to realize it's a trick question, so I end up looking stupid when I really would otherwise have known the answer. >__<

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I love trick questions. But then, I'm a big box of useless information so I tend to have fun with these kinds of things.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Nice trick question! XD Trick questions are funny, but the people who ask them are annoying... It's fun to figure them out and answer them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Quick! How many months in the year have 28 days?!

Answer: All of them.
    o rly
    The "number of days a month has" implies the total number. If someone asked, "How many days are in a month?" only an idiot would answer "They all have 28 days."
    Trick questions that work by way of exploiting the usual interpretation of are therefore open to differing interpretations. In all right technicality, there is no single answer to your question because it is too ambiguous.
    The 'correct answer' you gave is likewise ambiguous, it would better be put as "all of them have at least 28 days".

I suppose you can tell — I'm not fond of these things.

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    They are annoying, but the useless trivia collecting computer in brain makes me love them none the less.

The most common one:

"Which weighs more, a tonne of bricks or a tonne of feathers?"

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Trick questions are fun, but frustrating for me at the same time. I hate it when the answer isn't the obvious.

Years
    I've always liked answering trick questions, and I've gotten pretty good at them. One time I got one wrong, and my friend looked in shock that I didn't guess the right answer :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    They're funny after they're answered. I'm slow and don't like them. For instance, that first example about 28 days in a month, I would have just said February.

Years
    I'm not a big fan. That might be because I'm the stupid person who always falls for them. D; That's not what I'm good at, I suppose.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I actually quite like them!
    Some of them are real fun, yet some may make you want to hurt your brain from exesive thinking...
    In general, i like them, and i like trying to solve them!

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Trick questions, huh?
    Trick Questions!

But, seriously. I like them, because most of them are fairly clever. It really depends on the attitude of the person asking, though.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I love[/b] them! I answer every trick question my friends throw at me even though my answer is wrong. xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I find these questions extremely intriguing... I wonder what sort of flawed or unflawed logic we have to make bias decisions with our answer..

In a way I love them, and in a way I hate them hahah..

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I'm not a big fan of trick questions, due to the fact I haven't been asked trick questions that much. :P

Years
    Trick questions are fun, but I like word games so anything that has ambiguous language or double entendres is appealing for me.

I prefer the kind that don't have a common answer that you're meant to fall for though. "How many grooves are on the average record?" is one I like.

Back