• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TRUMPETS!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There are several tracks which I would ABSOLUTELY love to hear being remastered

Top 3 picks
    1. Victory Road/Pokemon League
    2. Slateport City
    3. Meteor Falls/Cave of Origin

What are yours?
    Hey there, I just merged your thread in here since your thread is very similar to this one :]

Some tracks I'm actually looking forward to hearing are the Oceanic Museum one. It's very tranquil, and I am looking forward to experiencing it more orchestrated. Of course I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Route music which is in a lot of the routes in Hoenn, it's so iconic.

Also I bet you guys haven't heard the leaked soundtrack extract yet ;]

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Hey there, I just merged your thread in here since your thread is very similar to this one :]

Some tracks I'm actually looking forward to hearing are the Oceanic Museum one. It's very tranquil, and I am looking forward to experiencing it more orchestrated. Of course I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Route music which is in a lot of the routes in Hoenn, it's so iconic.

You had me excited to no end ;{ I was freaking out like "YEAH THE TRUMPETS ARE BACK" but nah

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Hey there, I just merged your thread in here since your thread is very similar to this one :]

lollll That was funny :P

and I'm actually not a big fan of trumpets. I didn't mind the Hoenn soundtrack too much, though. My distaste for the generation was mainly all the water and the fact that I found the storyline to be very boring at times (similar to DPPt).

That said, I am excited to hear the music for these remakes. I'm sure remastered, I won't mind the trumpets so much.

Years
  • I thought the Hoenn soundtrack was wonderful! The trumpets brought a new sound and it took a little bit to get used to, but they really grew on me. I'd like to see them revolutionize their tracks for the remakes, especially for the more important areas like Victory Road. I've always liked it when they go with the same basic tune of the original, but add a twist that makes it new and remastered.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I hope they keep the original songs, but with the "little something" I found in the Kalos' soundtrackt!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Wait, what is that little something?

Well I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain it :/
    To my ears the sounds of the soundtrack now is more "evolve" (no pun intended), the sound is more clear, and it is normal because they are made years appart. So I bet that the Alpha/Omega soundtrackt will have the same "update".
    I'm sorry I know if you can't understand hehe, it's pretty hard to explain I'm not a music expert :P
    (You might understand if you listen to the Hoenn OST and after to the Kalos OST.. or not. Maybe it's just me XD )

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years

You beat me to posting this by like a day. >_> This is genius.

Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Well I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain it :/
    To my ears the sounds of the soundtrack now is more "evolve" (no pun intended), the sound is more clear, and it is normal because they are made years appart. So I bet that the Alpha/Omega soundtrackt will have the same "update".
    I'm sorry I know if you can't understand hehe, it's pretty hard to explain I'm not a music expert :P
    (You might understand if you listen to the Hoenn OST and after to the Kalos OST.. or not. Maybe it's just me XD )
    I somewhat understand what you're trying to say. I downloaded the RS Super Music Collection, DP SMC, HGSS SMC and XY SMC on iTunes and gave all of them a listen. The XY version just had some sort of clarity and expression that the others lacked.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I somewhat understand what you're trying to say. I downloaded the RS Super Music Collection, DP SMC, HGSS SMC and XY SMC on iTunes and gave all of them a listen. The XY version just had some sort of clarity and expression that the others lacked.

Exactly! That's well said :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I really hope they do bring back the trumpets (or french horns), to ditch them from the game wouldn't make the remastered soundtrack feel as.. nostalgic.
    I agree. I think of the reasons B2W2's remasters weren't as nostalgic was due to not having as much trumpets as the originals.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I imagine trumpets, orchestra, AND french horns. Either that or the new-gen techno battle music mixed with the trumpets.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    They'll probably take a different direction. I think all the trumpets were a result of the GBA sound limitations.

Honestly, I don't mind them being gone. They sounded ridiculous to me and made it really difficult to take epic battle themes seriously. R/S/E was one of my favorite games music-wise, but it just would be much better if there were more fitting instruments for each composition rather than just having the same midi trumpets over and over again. Perhaps a silly-sounding theme can have trumpets, but I find trumpets to just be a comedy instrument not suited for epicness unless used just right.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    If I recall, the FRLG soundtrack used a lot more than just trumpets, so I don't think that's it.
    It could be that since Ruby and Sapphire were their first on the GBA, they didn't really know how far they could take the technology. Like with D/P being much slower than HG/SS, for instance. And then made more variety with the instruments.

There's no way of really knowing though. It could be a stylistic choice, but I'd rather it not return regardless unless it's easier to take seriously.

Years
  • They'll probably take a different direction. I think all the trumpets were a result of the GBA sound limitations.

Honestly, I don't mind them being gone. They sounded ridiculous to me and made it really difficult to take epic battle themes seriously. R/S/E was one of my favorite games music-wise, but it just would be much better if there were more fitting instruments for each composition rather than just having the same midi trumpets over and over again. Perhaps a silly-sounding theme can have trumpets, but I find trumpets to just be a comedy instrument not suited for epicness unless used just right.
    The trumpets/Drums/Soft Flute and French horns were the key to the rhythm and tempo of the tunes themselves though; without them it has no pace, no high points, nothing hummable or repetitive enough to recognize. They were needed. Imagine taking out the guitar in X/Y's themes, it would just be a weak orchestra sound with no direction.

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Remember people, Trumpets and French Horns. They both work together to make them music sound epic. I'm hoping that it'll be a combination of R/S/E and X/Y: Trumpets and French Horns as the main leads (R/S/E) and orchestrated (X/Y). At least I think X/Y is orchestrated, that's what some of the music sounds like.

Also, my 1000th post yay

Back