• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TRUMPETS!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    What do you think would the soundtracks of Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire sound like? Will it be a remake of the trumpets we so love or will it take a new direction? DISCUSS!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    There will be trumpets, just like all other main Pokémon game since RSE. I'm expecting heavy uses of trombones and string ensembles. But what I really want to know is: what will they do with the squares and noises that were used in the original games? I doubt they'll use them for ASΩR since they won't really seem appropriate on a 3DS. I'm looking forward to the modern sound.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Does anyone remember the RSE Gym Leader Battle part in Diantha's battle theme? Maybe that could be a hint on what the music will sound like.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Ahh, I loved the trumpets so much in RSE so I'm really hoping that they'll put it in the remake for sure.

Maybe it'll be high-definition trumpets because I'm pretty sure the 3DS speakers have that type of power. The most memorable trumpets I remember was the Gym Battles and Team Aqua/Magma themes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The pompous trumpets were awesome, they made old music like the Exp Gain/Pokédex Registration music totally awesome, and the music in the towns and routes were also buffed up indirectly by the trumpets sounding every two or three seconds. That's why I do hope they implement this as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm psyched for the remakes of the Hoenn music! Hoenn had many of the best original tunes imo, and the TRUMPETS god, I really hope they keep them.

I'm looking forward so much to Route 113, outside of Mt Pyre, Route 104, the Champion battle music, the routes near Fortree, the evil Team music you hear... Ah. I really like these games more than I let on.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The trumpets are which made Hoenn unique, so it wouldn't be the same without them. ;) Hoenn was my childhood region, so I hope they don't bork up the music in the remakes, because they made the game enjoyable for me as a child and now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I thought the overuse of trumpets were the main criticism of RSE's soundtrack, as well as part of the complaints from anti-Hoenn gamers, as explained by Cerberus? I feel the only reason people want trumpets back is because of nostalgia filter, since the majority of users here had RSE as their first game.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I thought the overuse of trumpets were the main criticism of RSE's soundtrack, as well as part of the complaints from anti-Hoenn gamers, as explained by Cerberus? I feel the only reason people want trumpets back is because of nostalgia filter, since the majority of users here had RSE as their first game.

Really? I was under the impression Hoenn was thought to have a great soundtrack. At least that's what most people I've ever known have thought.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I hope they keep the music very similar to the originals with just updated sounds so it's not as "8-bit." I hope they don't change it too much so the trumpets leave. I love the trumpet sounds. Gives it SUCH a Hoenn feel! <3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    As long as Archie/Maxie's battle theme is as epic as it's ever been, I'll be satsified

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Uhm, yeah, they BETTER make a comeback. Like, the RSE Rival theme is always and always will be my favorite of them all. I actually really love the sound of trumpets, and them being ALL over Hoenn just really makes me smile. <3
    Spoiler:

HOW CAN ANYONE HATE THAT

Back