• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TRUMPETS!

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
  • In Mario Kart 8, we are going to get real recorded instruments. What if they'd do that in OR/AS too? I think it would be SO AWESOME to have that in a Pokémon game!

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    If I don't get some trumpets, someone will die. Bring all the trumpets.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As long as Archie/Maxie's battle theme is as epic as it's ever been, I'll be satsified

I'm hoping they remix that theme to two forms like they did with the Beast themes as I would like each leader to have a somewhat more unique theme from the other :). Maybe Maxie's can have the same effect as Entei's did, while Archie has a bell sound like suicune did.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm hoping they remix that theme to two forms like they did with the Beast themes as I would like each leader to have a somewhat more unique theme from the other :). Maybe Maxie's can have the same effect as Entei's did, while Archie has a bell sound like suicune did.

That's a great idea. The same concept can apply to Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza's battle theme and the Aqua/Magma grunt battle theme. :P

Years
  • That's a great idea. The same concept can apply to Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza's battle theme and the Aqua/Magma grunt battle theme. :P

Yeah, and maybe the Latis and Regi trio too. Regice could have a crackling ice effect, while Regirock's could have a rock (pun intended) tone, and Registeel could be metal sounding (pun intended). Regigigas should it appear (I sure hope so) can have the updated original (normal type).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Uhm, yeah, they BETTER make a comeback. Like, the RSE Rival theme is always and always will be my favorite of them all. I actually really love the sound of trumpets, and them being ALL over Hoenn just really makes me smile. <3
    Spoiler:

HOW CAN ANYONE HATE THAT
    Man, I almost forgot how good R/S/E's rival battle theme is. An updated version of it will probably sound friggin' awesome. It's too bad it didn't play much in the originals because R/S/E didn't know what the hell it was doing with the whole rival thing (as was the case with X/Y).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Really? I was under the impression Hoenn was thought to have a great soundtrack. At least that's what most people I've ever known have thought.
    It's one of the major criticism anti-Hoenn gamers point out whenever someone tries to explain them why Hoenn's the best gen ever. The trumpet criticisms were also common at /vp/ back before ORAS happened, hence was the purpose of those fanarts of Hoenn surround by physical trumpets, along with Wingulls and the ocean, to poke fun of the region's flaws. You can read Cerberus' post to see where these gamers coming from.

Years
  • Speaking of trumpets, relevant:

(Turn off annotations, they were added yesterday for obvious reasons)

I didn't really mind it. RSE had an awesome soundtrack and I really hope it comes back.

Wait... WHAT IF THEY HAD GBA SOUNDS LIKE HGSS DID WITH GB SOUNDS (please do this please)

That'll be sweet. Maybe Norman can give his child one in return for helping Wally capture a Ralts.

Years
  • I just Youtubed a lot of the RSE music which I shouldn't have done... THE FEELS I'm getting are insane right now haha - I can't wait to hear the updated music from Route 104, 110 and everywhere which I'm hoping they'll keep pretty much the same :)

OMG I'm on Littleroot Town music atm - I think I might cry haha I just have visions of me in a moving van ready to start my journey lol xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not too worried about the trumpets returning. HGSS did an amazing job with the instrumentation of the original tracks! I expect the same level of quality with these games, and considering the trumpet sounds are so iconic I doubt they will leave.

But music...my gosh.
    My one dream is for Slateport City's music to have vocals...
    If that really happened, I don't think I'd be able to complete the game, as I would never leave!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Some people liked the trumpets and some didn't, I guess. I don't see how they were annoying, though each to they're own. I agree with Rivvon though, they were very iconic (for those who actually recognised said sound device) and inspiring for the region, and a PokéNav app to match the nostalgia music would also be a great addition to the region.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I bought the official Ruby & Sapphire soundtrack on iTunes last month and I've been listening to some of them since the announcement; I'm so looking forward to hearing practically all of them remastered.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd love them to keep them the way they are in terms of loudness, and add more... pizzazz, so to speak. :] If they tone their music down like they had done with recent games and make them sound soft, then I'll be heavily disappointed, unfortunately. RSE's soundtracks are amazing, and always make you feel hyped; hope they don't change that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I bought the official Ruby & Sapphire soundtrack on iTunes last month and I've been listening to some of them since the announcement; I'm so looking forward to hearing practically all of them remastered.

You've done the right thing there. RSE's soundtracks are a class apart, you may say. They should either put back these trumpets or allow us an app in the PokéNav that allows us into the old sountracks. They would be much better that way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I never actually noticed just how many trumpets the original soundtrack had until I gave it a listen a couple of days ago lol

Doesn't matter; I still love it to bits. Can't wait to see how they'll remaster it for this gen.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I'd really prefer it if they stayed as close to the originals as possible. Apart from certain pieces of music from other games, the R/S/E soundtrack is definitely the one I enjoyed the most, and the one that's stuck to my mind for the longest. It might've been the overuse of trumpets that's kinda acted as the glue, but it's really characteristic to the games (obviously!), and I wouldn't have it any other way haha :D

But yeah, while they should definitely update it, I still want it to stay within the same area of music as the originals did. I feel like they really started to stray away from the kind of music that always sounded so characteristic to Pokemon around the time with B2/W2, and I'd really just like them to return to the more simple and catchy loops D:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I am heavily considering buying the album on iTunes because I sampled some and the nostalgia was overwhelming. I am really hopeful that it's remastered artfully with trumpets remaining a core staple :(

Back