• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trusting people.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    How good are you at trusting others? Do you find it easy, or does it take a while for you to actually start trusting? What does it take for you to stop trusting someone? How much do you think others trust you? Would you count yourself as a person that people could count on? Also, have you managed to lose someone else's trust before? If so, tell us what happened; share us the story!

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • In the beginning I have no trust for anyone. It's something I only end up giving to people that I consider close to me, and one wrongdoing can make it go away. I hate being like this, but unfortunately I've been conditioned into it.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I don't trust people all that much. It kinda scares me when I learn that some people trust me a lot. I don't trust people because of how I seem treat one another and it causes me to fear for myself, it gives me this idea that they would treat me badly one day if I trust them too much like how they've treated other before.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I find it hard to trust someone. That's why I have to know the person first, make a bond with him/her then that slowly earns trust to each other. I think that's the better way of trusting someone. Betrayal happens a lot, but rarely to me. I only trust one person in my life, and that's the girl I loved until now.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • Well due to the paranoia (which is pretty much the remnants of the paranoid schizophrenia I used to have) it's pretty difficult to fully trust others, even though I know said person for a long long time already...
    Lets say there is only one person in the world I know I can trust by 100%, and said person is my girlfriend
    The other friends may be like 90% or something

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2014/140312.html

This may be a little kick in the teeth to cynics, heh.

I'm not saying that means I'm clever; but I felt a little flattered by that study. I'm extremely trusting to some people and not so much with others. It's all about dem reads. I've had a couple of major backfires when I was a kid from trusting people but I'd say I have a healthy amount of scepticism now~

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I used to having trust on most of my friends easily, but when I was betrayed by someone that I thought was a friend that time, I was sad, and not trusting anyone easily anymore.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    It is very difficult to get me to trust others now, because of multiple betrayals that I have had in the past, both irl and online. Sure, I might give a second chance, but if you blow that again, no more.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • It's really easy for me to have trust in anyone. If you haven't wronged me in any way, shape or form, you're basically trusted by me. It doesn't take much for you to lose my trust, though. Make me feel the slightest inch hurt, and it'll go pretty quick. Sometimes I get too attached..

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • The way trust works for me is, well, I'll trust you until you give me a reason not to. Granted, I'm not going to simply trust a stranger with something. I'm referring to people I've made had some sort of communication with before. And I'm pretty happy to say that I've never had that trust broken. It's been tested, but never shattered, and I consider myself extremely lucky for that.

Years
  • Hm, my trust works in an odd way. Whenever I meet someone for the first time, I intuitively start looking for clues in their personality and/or behaviour as to whether or not they're suspicious. Should I start feeling uncomfortable with them right from the get-go, I know that they're not to be trusted. To be honest, I think it's been working for me fine because majority of my friends are quite trustworthy, but then again I can never trust anyone 100%, regardless of whether they're family or friends.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah I don't trust anyone anymore. I really no longer tell my friends anything either. Not that they told anyone and I found out I just feel a little over paranoid lately. I really dislike the whole process of opening up to people anyway and it doesn't make me feel better so I just rather not bother.

Uhh I feel like people really trust me. I always hear the "You're the only one I've told but" line but idk if people say that to make it seem more important!!! Anyway I usually don't tell peoples secrets, but I have in the past and I lost the trust of those people and I felt pretty bad about it. I mean honestly I just told people because I was being a b. There really isn't an excuse.

Sirfetch’d

I am too trustworthy sometimes haha. I just have this odd feeling that everyone is nice and can be trusted which obviously isn't true, but yet.. I still do it. I have gotten a little more cautious lately though about who I trust with my things and secrets.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I'm pretty quick to size someone up so I can usually tell a lie and if someone is trustworthy or not. Still I find it hard to open up and trust many people, but the things I keep hidden are very unique so it often seems like I can be quite trusting when really I just dont care.

Years
  • I can't trust people at all. I think it's mostly because of my social phobia and because I'm terrified of people. I only have a small group of friends, and even then I don't tell them everything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I trust people until I have a reason not to. I can't think of a way to break my trust, its just something that I feel I can't do for someone anymore.
    It's the same way with respect. I respect someone until I have a reason not to. After that, I'll still try to be cordial with them, but I won't think of them in any regard.

Years
  • I am too trustworthy sometimes haha. I just have this odd feeling that everyone is nice and can be trusted which obviously isn't true, but yet.. I still do it. I have gotten a little more cautious lately though about who I trust with my things and secrets.

I'm probably too trusting with my close friends, but they're my close friends for a reason XD At the same time, if someone does something suspicious or lies only once, my trust for them drops immediately. I'm the type of person who normally doesn't believe in second chances so if you betray or take advantage of my trust once, and I find out about it, the friendship is practically over \: Sometimes I feel like I can tell strangers some of my deepest secrets, if any, than my friends.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I trust no one until I get to know them. And then I trust them based on how long I have known them and what exactly I know about them.

Back