• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    But the trouble this fool's causing isn't comparable to real life crimes. It's just a part of the experiment; I'm surprised it took this long for something like this to happen :(
    No, the negative aspect is not comparable to real life crimes. However, this is TPP world. And what is worse than a deliberate attempt to ruin the game? We can't ignore this. This is like someone constantly trying to pop out your cartridge when you haven't saved in a while. This is someone taking your game and ♥♥♥♥ing up your progress. How pissed off would you be if that happened on an individual level? And it's happening now to tens of thousands at a time. This is our game, and some douchebag is coming in and trying to ♥♥♥♥ it up.

Oh no. They are using the PC again. And a Pokemon was released just now.
    I was watching the stream when Zapdos almost got released a bunch of times.
    It was AJ. Bigdig. Rest in peace, bby. :(

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    No, the negative aspect is not comparable to real life crimes. However, this is TPP world. And what is worse than a deliberate attempt to ruin the game? We can't ignore this. This is like someone constantly trying to pop out your cartridge when you haven't saved in a while. This is someone taking your game and ♥♥♥♥ing up your progress. How pissed off would you be if that happened on an individual level? And it's happening now to tens of thousands at a time. This is our game, and some douchebag is coming in and trying to ♥♥♥♥ it up.
    I know that it's not good and it's all intentional but look on the positive side: I almost lost all of my interest with TPP until this guy came along and starting messing with it. I'm sure many others are having similar experiences. Destiny is no different than all of the other thousands of people who constantly try to undermine the efforts of those who are actually trying to complete the game. The only difference is that Destiny isn't remaining anonymous (which I respect but it's not very smart).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    This is worse than the E4 could possibly be. We can't do ♥♥♥♥ in democracy because people keep overshooting "deposit" and hitting release instead and the long commands only work when the PC is turned off (which requires timing), and Anarchy is just rolling a dice, and we have got "death" like 8 times by now.

WE ALMOST RELEASED ABBA JESUS HELIX CHIRST WE NEED DEMOCRACY.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I know that it's not good and it's all intentional but look on the positive side: I almost lost all of my interest with TPP until this guy came along and starting messing with it. I'm sure many others are having similar experiences. Destiny is no different than all of the other thousands of people who constantly try to undermine the efforts of those who are actually trying to complete the game. The only difference is that Destiny isn't remaining anonymous (which I respect but it's not very smart).
    It's not really the same. There were people before but they were individuals or small communities pressing down or start or b, not prominent people with a mass of people on their side with a definite plan. And tbh I'm losing the will to watch now that this is going on. I hate when people are destructive. It's making me too sad to keep with it, because I don't think we can overcome it.
    This is worse than the E4 could possibly be. We can't do ♥♥♥♥ in democracy because people keep overshooting "deposit" and hitting release instead and the long commands only work when the PC is turned off (which requires timing), and Anarchy is just rolling a dice, and we have got "death" like 8 times by now.

WE ALMOST RELEASED ABBA JESUS HELIX CHIRST WE NEED DEMOCRACY.
    but democracy lets the troll group take over :( :(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I almost lost all of my interest with TPP until this guy came along and starting messing with it.
    Uh, good for you?

Seriously man, all we've been doing for a while now is trying to access the PC for god knows how long because of this guy, and because of that we've released 8 Pokemon. How in the world is this better than what we've been doing recently?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I'm not exactly siding with Destiny but if this is a social experiment, why take away a society's right to participate? Spamming their account with reports doesn't justify their actions IMO.

If his sabotage is part of the social experiment, our resistance and sabotague of him is also part of the experiment.

Wobbu

Years
    It's not really the same. There were people before but they were individuals or small communities pressing down or start or b, not prominent people with a mass of people on their side with a definite plan. And tbh I'm losing the will to watch now that this is going on. I hate when people are destructive. It's making me too sad to keep with it, because I don't think we can overcome it.

Worst case scenario: they're down to one Pokémon. They'll probably give up after that. Its the anger from the players that most likely motivates their trolling. It's not like the Pokémon were going to last forever anyways. :(
    Besides that, everything that's currently going on has been happening since the beginning. Even when the Destiny trolls take over Democracy, it's not as bad as watching anonymous trolls spam start9.

If his sabotage is part of the social experiment, our resistance and sabotague of him is also part of the experiment.
    But his/her channel isn't part of the experiment :( it'd be fine to ban them from the TPP channel if that's what everyone's referring to

Uh, good for you?

Seriously man, all we've been doing for a while now is trying to access the PC for god knows how long because of this guy, and because of that we've released 8 Pokemon. How in the world is this better than what we've been doing recently?
    It's not necessarily better for the actual game but it's certainly a refreshing change of pace. Like I said, I don't agree with their actions but they don't deserve their channel to be banned. They aren't breaking any rules, laws, etc.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Worst case scenario: they're down to one Pokémon. They'll probably give up after that. Its the anger from the players that most likely motivates their trolling. It's not like the Pokémon were going to last forever anyways. :(
    Besides that, everything that's currently going on has been happening since the beginning. Even when the Destiny trolls take over Democracy, it's not as bad as watching anonymous trolls spam start9.
    start9 spam doesn't happen as much now that people are grudgingly accepting democracy. but the reason it happens is that the majority feel that we don't need democracy for a certain part, and really, we don't need it for much. once we're done with what we're doing, people start9 spam to let it run back to democracy. and it's fine because it doesn't last long.
    but now we're spending a few hours trying to fix things that weren't our doing. it's fine when we screw up on our own and have to fix it, but watching them try to fix something that wouldn't have happened without those people? ridiculous and sad and boring.

But his/her channel isn't part of the experiment :( it'd be fine to ban them from the TPP channel if that's what everyone's referring to
    yes

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
    Bird Jesus is withdrawn! They are now trying to get Air out of the box.
    They've deposited Gastly. I hope the plan succeeds xD

EDIT: Majority of the team has been withdrawn. ATV, Drowzee and Air were withdrawn by a9 XD

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
    but the reason it happens is that the majority feel that we don't need democracy for a certain part, and really, we don't need it for much. once we're done with what we're doing, people start9 spam to let it run back to democracy. and it's fine because it doesn't last long.
    but now we're spending a few hours trying to fix things that weren't our doing.
    If most people are okay with anarchy, then shouldn't they be okay with Destiny coming into the stream like a wrecking ball? :P Anarchy isn't the best way to represent order.

If the majority of people ban Destiny and their followers from the TPP stream only, then problem solved. Unless they all create new accounts and come back with a vengeance, although I find that unlikely.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's not necessarily better for the actual game but it's certainly a refreshing change of pace. Like I said, I don't agree with their actions but they don't deserve their channel to be banned. They aren't breaking any rules, laws, etc.
    In what way is this refreshing though?

Also I'm pretty sure the guy gets paid by Twitch, it shouldn't be okay for him in any way or form to attempt to ruin someone else's stream.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Bird Jesus is withdrawn! They are now trying to get Air out of the box.
    They've deposited Gastly. I hope the plan succeeds xD
    We've got a full team again with Bird Jesus and Air but no ZapZap. :( I think we're still aiming for him tho.
    If most people are okay with anarchy, then shouldn't they be okay with Destiny coming into the stream like a wrecking ball? :P Anarchy isn't the best way to represent order.
    No, because our anarchy is all of us fighting about which way to steer the boat and how far to go. Their anarchy is putting a hole in the bottom of the boat.

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
    In what way is this refreshing though?

Also I'm pretty sure the guy gets paid by Twitch, it shouldn't be okay for him in any way or form to attempt to ruin someone else's stream.

It's refreshing because everyone was making goals and accomplishing them, almost turning the stream into a regular playthrough of Red. Now that this person came along, things aren't exactly one-sided anymore. There's a whole team of opposition.

I wouldn't say he's ruining it. He's just making it harder for them to win. Won't it be more rewarding when the game is actually finished? And yes, the game can still be finished with his army trolling around -_-

No, because our anarchy is all of us fighting about which was to steer the boat and how far to go. Their anarchy is putting a hole in the bottom of the boat.
    Maybe someone will come along with a plug :P pretend I'm good with metaphors

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hopefully. :(

But, we're back on track, guys! Our team is currently Bird Jesus, Rick Gastly, Dash Bat, Air, All-Terrain Venomoth, and the Keeper. We're pretty much back to where we were before the chaos. Still trying to retrieve ZapZap, but I think anything that happens now is on us.
    And that's okay.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    The heck did I just miss. This is worse than the Abby x Jay Leno massacre :( Digrat was one of my favourites, and now it's gone :((( Seriously hope we don't lose any others

In any case, it's really awesome to see the majority of the stream working against this guy, trying to get the whole team back together and prevent losing anyone. It really highlights how bad democracy can be, but it's just kinda great to see how attached people have gotten to all the Pokemon, even if they're just pixels in a video game D:

Does anyone have a list of the mons that were sacrificed? So far I've seen A the Venonat, Cabbage, Dux and Digrat, but I'm missing a few if 8 were actually released :(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    According to TVTropes, "Digrat the Raticate, DUX the Farfetch'd, Cabbage the Gloom, three Venonat, three Nidoran, an Exeggcute, a Paras, and a Geodude."

And I was one of the people voting for democracy because we were more than those trolls, and because Anarchy is much, much, much more dangerous when messing up with the PC. Face it, we can't control the menus on democracy, we keep overshooting, and when there was a real chance of releasing pokémon, the "b" spam was so gigantic it was activated by the time someone tried to actually release somebody (which takes three "a" presses after selecting "Release").

On the other hand, anarchy is rolling a freaking dice. We ended up releasing a bunch of pokémon without any help from any evil people, so saying that "democracy means evil guys take over" is kind of moot.

Also ZAPDOS IS STILL ON THE PC.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I'm not gonna get angry with this guy for messing around with the run. If he manages to mess it up, it'll be interesting to see how that setback is dealt with. I think if that guy manages to mess it up, maybe his reputation might suffer from it and he'll get his just desserts~

I was a little surprised at how smoothly things SEEMED to be going!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    He managed to mess up some stuff pretty bad but we've corrected it mostly and now we're moving. Sort of. Stuck in Rock Tunnel atm and I wish we could swap Air up to lead because hey, experience.

Bird Jesus is a higher level now than my entire HG challenge party /sob

Back