• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm just shocked they were actually able to coordinate and teach a Pokemon Surf. I would have thought that was going to be their downfall.

Did you watch them when they tried to get past the tile maze in the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City? That was a nightnmare to watch ;____;

I saw a good amount of it. Yeah those spinny titles are a pain for us. >_>

So it seems we're in Pokemon Mansion again?? Quick question for people paying more attention to the stream: Are we there to grind more or there cause we whited out in Victory Road and last the Pokemon Center we visited at Cinnabar Island??

Edit: Nevermind, probably just grinding.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Yeah, just grinding. I guess that's the closest place to actually get some decent exp. Hopefully our non-birds will get a nice amount of levels.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I watched the Giovanni battle live! Well the first failed attempt and the last two pokes from the real attempt while I ate breakfast. I hoped they would take longer to get back to him while I cooked it but at least I managed to see the insane Rhydon battle.

I have watched live Erika (and the tree getting cut too!), Sabrina and Gio... but I have missed all of the Blue battles :(

Oh, and my Y Cabbage is now a healthy Lv 56 Vileplume :D She is so effing cute in pokémon-amie I just can't.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Ugggh I missed seeing us beating Giovanni cause I was in English class. I missed all the Gym battles cause I was either not watching it at the time, in school or sleeping. :( I was able to witness us in Sabrina and Giovanni's Gym, but that's all. I hopefully can witness at least one E4 battle. I'd love to see use beat Gary and become the Champion. Seriously hope I'm not in school or sleeping when it happens. D:

I did overhear someone mention Twitch Plays Pokemon in the hall after class and was like:

Twitch Plays pokemon

This; LOL nice animation. I'm hoping viewership spikes again once Red reaches the Kanto Elite 4 and Champion; viewership has steadily been declining from 70,000 to 60,000 to 50,000, although I guess it's to be expected. :/

The Elite 4 battles will be interesting to watch, indeed... since the Mob seems to heal Red's Pokemon at the most random times, I'm wondering whether things like Pidgeot and Zapdos will be able to one-hit knock out most foe Pokemon...

I'm just shocked they were actually able to coordinate and teach a Pokemon Surf. I would have thought that was going to be their downfall.

Did you watch them when they tried to get past the tile maze in the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City? That was a nightnmare to watch ;____;

Forgot that Rocket Hideout took about 24-26 hours to navigate properly (and was sole-handedly responsible for the instating of Democracy Mode); I guess I should be grateful that I've gotten to watch some nice battles. XD

Man of course they would beat Giovanni while I'm not watching. Oh well. Maybe I'll get the chance to see them beat an Elite or something. Which they are probably going to have to it 3892 times before finally getting to Gary. And then just yeah that's gonna be fun to watch.

.... After they spend who knows how many days trying to get through Victory Road.

Y'know when people think of Gen II's difficult areas people are thinking of the Ice Caves. But before the Ice Cave I think there is one place that will be just as difficult (in TPP at least) and that's Morty's gym. Because hahah you have to go a certain direction or else BAM back to the beginning. :'D

Pryce's Gym will be a pain in the ass too.

Wow; it's almost the inverse for me - I've seen more Blue battles than Gym Leader battles. XD IIRC, I witnessed the pre-Silph Co. rival battle, the Silph Co. rival battle, and the "re-"rematch on Kanto Route 22 (I didn't see the Route 22 rival battle that was situated near the beginning of the game/stream, and apparently Blue won the battle on Route 22 that was post-Viridian Gym match.)

LOL; Ice Cave and Ecruteak Gym (Morty's Gym) are the top two contenders for "hardest place to navigate in Johto" that I've seen so far. XD I haven't tried either of them, so the results could be quite interesting.. (MWAHAHA; let's see the Mob/chat try to handle Mossdeep Gym (Ruby/Sapphire variant or Emerald variant) and Sootopolis Gym of Hoenn!)

By the way, if anyone comes across any nice Twitch Plays Pokemon pictures, it would help if you posted it in the event's "Image Links" page on TVTropes! Or you could just post it here so I could try to add it as well..

Also, the Twitch Plays Pokemon subreddit is worth visiting, too!

--------------------

I kind of wish we grinded in Cinnabar Mansion before taking on Viridian Gym so we didn't have to backtrack... With the amount of time that experience grinding is taking, maybe the Viridian Gym challenge could've been postponed and I could've caught it live! :<

On a side-note, can someone please explain the concept/allure of "Revive Girl" to me? Was she one of those NPC Roadblocks that moves around inconveniently and trapped Red for a while, or what?

Twitch Plays pokemon

For those wondering about the "Misty" meme (if it hasn't been explained earlier):

According to some Redditors: "We HAVE actually beaten her. This "joke" has spread is due to the fact that were trapped in Pallet Town earlier, as if we had only just started the game and we needed to take on the second Gym Leader again." (SourceTwitch Plays pokemon) As for the perpetuation of this phrase in the chat: "The spam scripts (sic) default message is "GUYS WE NEED TO BEAT MISTY". Whenever someone first runs the script, that gets spammed into the chat. Now, why people talked about Misty is because of trolls, but it's being perpetuated because of the scripts."(SourceTwitch Plays pokemon)

Treecko

Years
    Went, that Cabbage of yours gives me closure. :') It's good knowing we stopped to grind actually. It shows we know we team can't win with just Zapdos and Bird Jesus. We need more Pokemon over level 40-50 and we're getting that. I'd usually make sure all of my Pokemon are level 50 at least before taking on the Elite Four.

Treecko

Years
    Here's two pieces of artwork from DeviantArt. I saw the first image a few days ago, and just recently found out about the second image... I really like the ending quote for "Dreams"; it makes me think of Twitch Plays Pokemon so differently. XD

Twitch Plays Pokemon, Part 1 - Don't Give Up

Twitch Plays Pokemon, Part 2 - Dreams

I read those and could help but feel.

Someone did video versions with voice overs for them too.

Spoiler:

More feels.:( This makes me feel like a monster. D:

We're in Victory road last I checked . And someone brought up that if we faint in here, we'll likely go back to Cinnabar Island cause I don't think we went to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. D:

Oh now we fainted I guess cause we're at Cinnabar again, grinding in the Pokemon Mansion.

Um okay, where is everyone? This thread's becoming dead sort of....

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I read those and could help but feel.

Someone did video versions with voice overs for them too.

More feels.:( This makes me feel like a monster. D:

We're in Victory road last I checked . And someone brought up that if we faint in here, we'll likely go back to Cinnabar Island cause I don't think we went to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. D:

Yeah; someone posted a link to the voice-overs on TVTropes as well... Although I dislike the voice used for Red (sounds a bit too high?/scratchy?/screechy? for me), I like the effort put into it, and the uploader did an amazing job capturing the "multitude of voices" emanated from the Mob/chat. Indeed, so touching. :(

Wow; I was surprised that we actually made it to Kanto's Victory Road overnight, waltzing into the cave without a care. XD Honestly, all the cool stuff seems to happen overnight (in USA time, that is).

:t138: ---> :t139:
    Also, big news! Omanyte has finally evolved, thus attaining his final form, Omastar! ^^ I'm a bit annoyed with myself because I had the stream playing in another tab, and this was one of the few occasions where I decided to play music (in particular, "Battle! VS Champion (Hoenn)" from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire) while the Mob was experience-grinding Red's team in Cinnabar Mansion, so I missed (by 3 minutes) the songs and sound effects indicating Omanyte's evolution! And I was waiting quite a bit for this evolution, too! ;-; I really hope someone uploads a video or GIF of the stellar evolution, though..

As for updates, apparently, we blacked out in Victory Road and did indeed return to Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Center. {XD} I guess we resumed grinding, and at the moment, we're in the Pokemon Center of Cinnabar Isle again...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Yeahh, lately I kinda forget to check in on the stream, since we've basically just been running around in the same places for the past while haha. Grinding is hecka boring when it's just regular Pokemon, and when it takes 5 times the same amount of time... yeahh.

In other news, I managed to tune in just as Lord Helix evolved (and the chat went crazy!). Nothing will be able to stop us now! But we should probably still grind for safety measures :D

Also, that artwork is perfect, and the videos make it even better :O Definitely gotta give kudos to both the creator and the guy who did the voices.

Treecko

Years
    OUR LORD HELIX HAS EVOLVED INTO A HIGHER BEING! CONGRATULATIONS LORD HELIX!

JUST LOOK AT HIM DANCE IN CELEBRATION.
    Twitch Plays pokemon

Twitch Plays pokemon

Yeah grinding just as an individual is tedious, but we need to grind a bit more to make the Elite Four easier. Especially Air who is at level 26 atm and ATV who's 10 levels under The Fonz and 30 levels under Anarchy Jesus.

Reading the Google Doc, one of the goals is Operation Ice Quake which is to teach Lord Helix Ice Beam and The Fonz Earthquake so we can help us win against the E4 faster.

https://i.imgur.com/izGcjbq.jpg

And because of Tpp, I can now appreciate Omanyte/Omastar more.

Just look at this cutie.
    Twitch Plays pokemon

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I can almost see people hacking G/S/C/HG/SS to give the Twitch team to Red.

Yeah; a lot of people have been suggesting this implementation in the Twitch Plays Pokemon subreddit. XD Recently, other people would also like these custom sprites (nicely done and fitting, IMO) to be used in whichever Generation 2 game is used (although I guess we'd need an Omastar one).

You mean hack it to give Red his Twitch team? Possibly. But I'd like to see us beat Red in those games with the team he has originally.

This...I'm kind of hoping that we fight an NPC that has Red's original team, as well as an NPC with the Twitch Plays Pokemon - Pokemon Red Version team that makes it into the Kanto Hall of Fame. I'm pretty sure that some individuals with hacking expertise for Generation 2 could make this idea happen somehow, although I'm not sure what the original hoster will plan for the Generation 2-based stream..

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Nahhh if we're doing Johto, we're taking on our team. We just have to. Like, maybe levels can be bumped, but I want our team in there.

Treecko

Years
    Yeah; a lot of people have been suggesting this implementation in the Twitch Plays Pokemon subreddit. XD Recently, other people would also like these custom sprites (nicely done and fitting, IMO) to be used in whichever Generation 2 game is used (although I guess we'd need an Omastar one).

Wow after seeing those sprites, I'm more convinced that we should use our team. If they can do that, they should make it happen. I wouldn't mind a battle with Red's normal team too. Having both wouldn't be bad.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
    We should start Gen 2 anew with our Lord and Savior Helix and Bird Jesus at the very least. But having a Zapdos early game would make Falkner a cakewalk. Where's the fun in that?

They're doing Operation Ice Quake now, I take it? They won't have a problem with the E4 if they get both of those.

Treecko

Years
    We should start Gen 2 anew with our Lord and Savior Helix and Bird Jesus at the very least. But having a Zapdos early game would make Falkner a cakewalk. Where's the fun in that?

They're doing Operation Ice Quake now, I take it? They won't have a problem with the E4 if they get both of those.

I don't think we should have the same team, not even Bird Jesus. I like the idea of seeing what Pokemon we end up catching and the new names/roles we come up with for them. What we mean is hack the Gen 2 game so that the Red in the game has the team Twitch Red has. Or that's what I picked up from the last few posts.

And yeah from the look of it, we're trying to do Operation Ice Quake since we're in Pallet Town now. I just hope we don't try to get Rick Gastly out of the Daycare along the way cause any time we use the PC, something usually goes wrong and I rather not risk losing another Pokemon. :(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    If I recall correctly, someone already did a Gen II hack to give Red our team, it was on the reddit update thread. And the stream is deader these days because grinding is not very exciting, but it will pick back up when we get to the E4.

Back