• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • BEST BATTLE EVER. My gosh; I can hardly breath right now. That was practically the most unexpected win I have ever seen against any Pokemon Trainer, let alone Lance. Just wow.. WOW. ATV a lowly Venomoth...now a Dragon Slayer!

Also, we surpassed 100000 viewers again! Wow, word travels fast!

Last edited:

Shhmew

Years
  • Ahhhhh, we blacked out..... but holy crap, I'm positively amazed! ATV really pulled its own weight there...... somehow. It even took a wing attack from a pidgeot almost twice its level without fainting.

We're definitely going to beat this thing waaay sooner than I expected hahaha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • We lost to Blue, though that was expected with a only a level 37 Venomoth on our team. I'm still shocked we won against with just using Poison Powder and Leech Life. Omg. ATV is amazing.

Years
  • I just heard the reason why the AI was so bad in the last battle we won. Gen 1 AI is programmed to always use super-effective attacks whenever it is possible. This includes if the attacks are non-damaging ones such as Barrier and Agility for Dragonite. Those two moves are Psychic. This creates some very hilarious scenarios. :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I just heard the reason why the AI was so bad in the last battle we won. Gen 1 AI is programmed to always use super-effective attacks whenever it is possible. This includes if the attacks are non-damaging ones such as Barrier and Agility for Dragonite. Those two moves are Psychic. This creates some very hilarious scenarios. :)
    Holy ♥♥♥♥ so ATV is the best counter vs Dragonite?

♥♥♥♥ing LOL.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I just heard the reason why the AI was so bad in the last battle we won. Gen 1 AI is programmed to always use super-effective attacks whenever it is possible. This includes if the attacks are non-damaging ones such as Barrier and Agility for Dragonite. Those two moves are Psychic. This creates some very hilarious scenarios. :)

But it's weird; it seems that Dragonite attempted to use Hyper Beam once during the battle (on the turn that it somehow got Disabled). Glad it didn't pan out though; I was so tense and kept expecting a "Dragonite used Hyper Beam!" text that never came! I'm a bit confused on how Disable works in Generation 1; sometimes it seems to Disable moves that haven't even been used yet (despite Venomoth supposedly acting after Dragonite).. @_@

Ooh, yay; battle animations got turned on versus Lorelei! ^^ Wow, I thought that was just for the Champion battle where they were auto-on, but it seems that if you black out to Blue during the Champion, the battle animations are retained and stay on afterwards...? I don't remember us fiddling with the options so far..

EDIT: Wow, so many people editing the Characters page for TPP on TVTropes; I can't even access it yet! XD Good job, Venomoth!

Last edited:
    Years
  • But it's weird; it seems that Dragonite attempted to use Hyper Beam once during the battle (on the turn that it somehow got Disabled). Glad it didn't pan out though; I was so tense and kept expecting a "Dragonite used Hyper Beam!" text that never came! I'm a bit confused on how Disable works in Generation 1; sometimes it seems to Disable moves that haven't even been used yet (despite Venomoth supposedly acting after Dragonite).. @_@

Disable chooses a move at random in Generation 1. That was how Hyper Beam was chosen. ATV even used Disable on Blue's Pidgeot and it chose Whirlwind which was never used because Pidgeot was spamming Flying attacks.

Years
  • It's amazing how we've already been up to Lance, I think this might take a bit less time than I thought because even in anarchy we've got through a few challenges already.

I don't seem to remember the AI for the Elite Four being this bad.

Edit: I missed them battling Blue, wow even more amazing.

Treecko

Years

Wow really? I forget how lousy and awful Gen 1's mechanics can be. Though I guess without them, we won't have won so I'm thankful for that lol. I mean if we were playing a more current game, like FireRed, we could of lost. Though we also mainly won cause Disable disabled Hyper Beam soo....that too.

Years
  • Looks like the AI is wising up. Gengar took out ATV with Night Shade when it could spam Dream Eater.

Our record against Agatha is now 1-2.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Wow, I missed out on a lot of battling while at school today apparently. xD

I see we're back at Lorelei, can't wait to see some more battles.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Man I really think that anyone that tries to make a very deep or depressing story out of this is trying too hard. That false prophet comic just read like a weird creepypasta.

TTP lends itself to comical stuff a lot better.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Disable chooses a move at random in Generation 1. That was how Hyper Beam was chosen. ATV even used Disable on Blue's Pidgeot and it chose Whirlwind which was never used because Pidgeot was spamming Flying attacks.

Wow; thanks for the info. We were quite lucky, then. XD

It's amazing how we've already been up to Lance, I think this might take a bit less time than I thought because even in anarchy we've got through a few challenges already.

I don't seem to remember the AI for the Elite Four being this bad.

Edit: I missed them battling Blue, wow even more amazing.

I know, right? Gengar and Dream Eater, and then Hitmonlee and Focus Energy (which actually decreases critical-hit ratio in most Generation 1 games) amidst Bruno's useless X Defends...

Wow really? I forget how lousy and awful Gen 1's mechanics can be. Though I guess without them, we won't have won so I'm thankful for that lol. I mean if we were playing a more current game, like FireRed, we could of lost. Though we also mainly won cause Disable disabled Hyper Beam soo....that too.

This.

This was actually heartbreaking

The False Prophet (Imgur Album)

Edit: Wow don't deal with eBay and browse forums at the same time. Didn't check my link when I posted this and linked to a shipping label print out page that had my address on it. Lmfao

Touching album of Flareon. (it still sucks that I never got to see this Flareon live...) (live, as in not released yet, and live, as in right now)

Man I really think that anyone that tries to make a very deep or depressing story out of this is trying too hard. That false prophet comic just read like a weird creepypasta.

TTP lends itself to comical stuff a lot better.

I think the 'depressing' stuff lends an interesting viewpoint on TPP; the ones I've seen so far don't seem like they're "trying too hard" just yet, although I do think that TPP is more suited to comedy than tragedy. It's nice that the events that have transpired in the stream's Pokemon Red game file can be interpreted in both ways!

EDIT: We're fighting Agatha...again... I'm starting to lose track of our attempt numbers...fourth battle against Agatha, IIRC? Wow; we just beat her! Well, that was short-lived... Anyhoo, here we come again, Lance! I hope your Dragonite can emerge from the sea of embarrassment it was awash in earlier! :P

EDIT 2: Aaugh, Zapdos was so close to Thunder/Thundershocking Aerodactyl! The tide of battle might have changed if that had occurred... Sigh..we lost to Lance for the first time; onwards to Lorelei again... (Lance's Dragonite didn't even show up this time; I guess it was too ashamed at losing to a moth XD) Also, Lance's Dragonair and Aerodactyl are the first instances of him using Hyper Beam against us (during our 2nd battle with him). :x

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • Oh good Lord Helix forgot Water Gun and learned Hydro Pump! Maybe we can win a bit faster now. Bruno is gonna be a lot easier and so is Lance's Aerodactyl since it's the first move. Keep marching to victory guys! We just got to stop using good Pokemon like Bird Jesus against Lorelei.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I was at work. Cheering for ATV. Got my workmates to go all "WTF" before realizing what was going on. Just beautiful. I don't care if they beat the E4 at night once we are sufficiently grinded, this made all worth it. Seriously.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obkw32JZGUs[/ame]

Years
  • The current challenge is going pretty slowly, I think a brief stint in democracy so aa-j can lead is going to occur sooner or later.

https://imgur.com/a/lrBv0#0 - Someone created custom sprites for a special version of Pokemon Gold he is hoping to be used for the next playthrough. They look really cool, personally liking the work that has gone into ATV.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Had to go out and babysit my cousin all evening... I missed so much omg, missing victory roads completion and the E4, atleast it isn't fully over and hopefully I can see the ending. no work tomorrow so looks like im going to be up all night.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Had to go out and babysit my cousin all evening... I missed so much omg, missing victory roads completion and the E4, atleast it isn't fully over and hopefully I can see the ending. no work tomorrow so looks like im going to be up all night.

Aww; hopefully, you can see some cool upcoming battles! The "Venomoth vs. Dragonite" battle is definitely worth a watch! Pretty much all the battles from our fourth and fifth runs, IIRC, are great.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO; we broke our record of being undefeated against Bruno!! T_T So depressing losing to a Scrub Boss like him; would've been really nice if our "undefeated against Bruno" streak could've been maintained.. >.< Stupid Onix knocked out Battery Bird the Zapdos (who is now Level 74). I'm impressed that all of the battles (to my knowledge) have been completed in Anarchy Mode, no less (which makes the aforementioned Venomoth battle just epic). Surge onwards, Venomoth the Dragonslayer/"All Total Vanquisher!"

I'm not sure what Elite 4 Attempt this is, but I'm pretty sure we passed 10 attempts so far. XD On another note, Red used an Ultra Ball against Lorelei's Slowbro, failing miserably in catching the water hippo? thing! :P

EDIT: Also, interestingly, Lorelei's Dewgong against Red's Omastar will always use Rest..

Back