• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Years
  • We finally lost to Bruno. Overall, the record against the Elite Four is:

Lorelei: 7-3
    Bruno: 6-1
    Agatha: 2-4
    Lance: 1-1
    Blue: 0-1

The main reason we are unable to reach Lance again is that we keep on losing too many Pokemon against Lorelei. Bird Jesus has been fainting to Aurora Beam in the last few runs so Archangel of Justice [Zapdos] has been carrying the slack. At least Archangel's level went up to 74 before blacking out.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • We finally lost to Bruno. Overall, the record against the Elite Four is:

Lorelei: 7-3
    Bruno: 6-1
    Agatha: 2-4
    Lance: 1-1
    Blue: 0-1

The main reason we are unable to reach Lance again is that we keep on losing too many Pokemon against Lorelei. Bird Jesus has been fainting to Aurora Beam in the last few runs so Archangel of Justice [Zapdos] has been carrying the slack. At least Archangel's level went up to 74 before blacking out.

Wow; thanks for keeping track, and I hope you and others can continue doing it! :)

Indeed; we seriously need a better starting line-up for the Elite 4 challenges. Although I guess it's "symbolic" that Omastar is in front, that only seems to work well against Bruno; otherwise, we waste turns in switching Pokemon and losing precious Hit Points (HP) (with pretty much all members barring Omastar and Lapras being weak to Lorelei's ice and water offensives). :/

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The current challenge is going pretty slowly, I think a brief stint in democracy so aa-j can lead is going to occur sooner or later.

https://imgur.com/a/lrBv0#0 - Someone created custom sprites for a special version of Pokemon Gold he is hoping to be used for the next playthrough. They look really cool, personally liking the work that has gone into ATV.

Those are colored versions of these by the way

https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77911455524/i-decided-to-make-custom-r-b-sprites-for-the
    https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/78067393358/ive-updated-omanytes-sprite-to-omastar-i-also
    https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77924537587/i-made-a-flareon-to-go-with-the-others-flareon

She also did Gold/Silver versions.

https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77971982355/by-popular-demand-i-attempted-to-remake-my-custom

I'm honestly thinking we need democracy at this point. With democracy at least we can choose what Pokemon and moves to use. Even if it takes longer, we can get through at least one battle with it. And if we go into democracy during the battle with Blue, it could help us beat him easier. I'm sure we will be battling here for a while now.If it takes all night , though, I'll be watching.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Happy Day 17!

Those are colored versions of these by the way

https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77911455524/i-decided-to-make-custom-r-b-sprites-for-the
    https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/78067393358/ive-updated-omanytes-sprite-to-omastar-i-also
    https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77924537587/i-made-a-flareon-to-go-with-the-others-flareon

She also did Gold/Silver versions.

https://hamigakimomo.tumblr.com/post/77971982355/by-popular-demand-i-attempted-to-remake-my-custom

I'm honestly thinking we need democracy at this point. With democracy at least we can choose what Pokemon and moves to use. Even if it takes longer, we can get through at least one battle with it. And if we go into democracy during the battle with Blue, it could help us beat him easier. I'm sure we will be battling here for a while now.If it takes all night , though, I'll be watching.

Amazing versions of Hamigakimomo (ooh, nice username)'s sprites! Also, Flareon's sprite looks pretty cool! Also, the AQ Squared

NOOOOOOOO; Venomoth failed to learn Psybeam at Level 38!! :(
    WHO THE FREAK PRESSED THE B BUTTON?! >:(

Hopefully, we could get rid of Leech Life at some point... The next Psychic-type move is Psychic at Level 50, so here's hoping it can learn that.

Also, I managed to find these gems on Reddit {XD}:
    Twitch Plays pokemon

"An artist's rendition of ATV the Venomoth vs Lance's Dragonite":
    Twitch Plays pokemon

Lastly, I spotted my first random RuneScape reference on Reddit in the Twitch Plays Pokemon subreddit of all things!

[–]joshguillen 134 points 3 hours ago
    Who would have thought a L36 [Venomoth] would finish off Lance.
    Well done, Dragon slayer
    ! permalink

[–]mufasa90 59 points 2 hours ago
    I can finally wear a rune platebody!
    Note: "Dragon Slayer" is a quest available on the MMORPG RuneScape that grants you the ability to wear the "Rune Platebody" piece of armor. ;)

Treecko

Years
  • NOOOOOOOO; Venomoth failed to learn Psybeam at Level 38!! :(
    WHO THE FREAK PRESSED THE B BUTTON?! >:(

Hopefully, we could get rid of Leech Life at some point... The next Psychic-type move is Psychic at Level 50, so here's hoping it can learn that.

It sucks ATV didn't learn Psybeam. Ugh left would of been easier. We can't just rely on Poison Powder and Leech Life forever.

If we get ATV to level 50 before we beat the game, I wouldn't be surprised. Though it's like 50% possible cause we just keep trying to beat the Elite Four right off the bat and not do more grinding.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That's because their method of grinding is the Elite Four in a way. Except it isn't working completely because only certain Pokemon are getting experience (such as Battery Zapdos).

I think part of the reason why they won't go grind elsewhere is because of the lack of Fly. So it's Victory Road or Elite Four. Unless they want to go through the effort of going back through Victory Road, grind some place, and then either get fly or go back through victory road again. Regardless it's.. a lot of effort and doing so will probably lose viewers again. At least with the Elite Four it's possible that hey maybe they'll get super lucky one round and win.

Treecko

Years
  • True. I see us grinding a sufficient against the E4 amount before we beat the game, or just get Bird Jesus and Double A-Jay to like level 90 and use them to beat Blue. I can't see us waste time going to get Fly at this point. It's pretty much all or nothing now.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • It sucks ATV didn't learn Psychic. Ugh left would of been easier. We can't just rely on Poison Powder and Leech Life forever.

If we get ATV to level 50 before we beat the game, I wouldn't be surprised. Though it's like 50% possible cause we just keep trying to beat the Elite Four right off the bat and not do more grinding.

He didn't learn psybeam. Psychic is still available. Although why, poisonpowder is all we need to kill all dragons.

Treecko

Years
  • Oh I didn't notice my mistake. We could still use Psychic to help aid our Dragon slayer, Poison Powder. Hopefully we end up teaching it and get rid of Stun Spore or Leech Life. We need a stronger Physical move stronger than Leech Life for ATV.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, although limited members are benefiting from repeated "Elite 4 experience-grinding", it's good that we're getting some much-needed Experience Points. I wish Red could properly use his prize money (whatever's left of it) to buy Revives (and Full Restores?) and use them, although that's a challenge in itself. :/

Just wanted to point out that I love the fact that we have a term/trope to describe Bruno in this particular Twitch Plays Pokemon run. :D And yes, we beat him again; he still only has 1 stupid win on us! :P

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Looking like the Archangel of Justice and Bird Jesus and Lord Helix are going to do the bulk of the work here. If any of them go down... we're likely screwed.

ATV slaying Dragons HAD to be epic, though. He has a niche! His level just needs to be higher tbh for him to be able to take on Agatha, for example.

This is going to be exciting! Two down this time... three to go! Although it's one against... yeah...

Also for Gold... will we go to Kanto AGAIN or will the game end after beating the Champion? Thoughts?

Treecko

Years
  • Yeah we are going all the way to Red no matter how long it takes.

AA-J has been slaying again and we actually beat Agatha for the first time in a while. And now we're taking on Lance with like 60 HP lol. Let's see what happens.

Edit: Noooooooo we used Take Down when we had 20 HP and lost against Lance's Dragonair.........

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    This is actually the first time I have seen the stream in Democracy mode. It's... different to say the least.

Anarchy forever

Years
  • Finally moved Archangel of Justice to the first spot. Democracy has served its purpose.

Maybe now we can get past Lorelei without too many casualties.

Treecko

Years
  • With Democracy we managed to get Double A Jay on top of the party. With him out first, beating Lorelei will go a lot easier now. So it can be useful sometimes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah I understand its usefulness but I am so glad that they aren't in Democracy all the time. It would be gruesomely boring if it was tbh.

But yes let's see some progress since Democracy did its little job!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Lorelei is wiping the floor with the team because of how trolls are trying to make our lives harder.

This is getting boring to watch. It's not funny. This isn't the getting the game over at Fuschia Gym and respawning at Lavender Town. This isn't whiting out in front of the Secret Key. There's nothing amusing about this trolling to waste time in battles. Ugh... I hope they leave, or at least stop organizing since apparently they are.

Treecko

Years
  • Yeah true. When we're in democracy for a long time, it gets really boring. It looks like having AA-J on top , we're doing a bit better. He defeated 4 of Lorerei's Pokemon before we ended up switching him out....

Lorelei is wiping the floor with the team because of how trolls are trying to make our lives harder.

This is getting boring to watch. It's not funny. This isn't the getting the game over at Fuschia Gym and respawning at Lavender Town. This isn't whiting out in front of the Secret Key. There's nothing amusing about this trolling to waste time in battles. Ugh... I hope they leave, or at least stop organizing since apparently they are.

There's always been trolls there ever since this started getting more attention. There's so many that it's gonna be hard to get them all to leave. We just have to fight our way around them. If we got this far even with trolls, we can beat the game with them. You gotta remember too since there's thousands of commands being imputed, everything takes a long time. We'll beat the game, don't worry.

Back