• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type: Null?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm curious as to what this mission is that it was apparently made for. Why does it need to be able to match legendary Pokemon in power? Why does someone need that?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I'm curious as to what this mission is that it was apparently made for. Why does it need to be able to match legendary Pokemon in power? Why does someone need that?
    An evil team would need it to catch or control event legendaries or similarly powerful Pokemon, and a good team might need it to deal with UBs or something like that.

I'm personally curious as to who made it. This thing doesn't look like it was made with loving hands like Magearna or Porygon.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I think it's a pretty cool concept. Not too hot on the name but I can appreciate it.

My guess is that it's mission has something to do with Zygarde... Type: Null's legs look very similar to 10% forme's legs, which makes me think they have a link there. Although the name could indicate its mission is pure legendary elimination too. It's going to 'nullify' powerful Pokemon, as it were.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    It's helmet reminds of arceus. The official site mentions it was created to defeat powerful threats (ultra beasts?). I wonder if we'll get to see it's full power at some point with the helmet off.

Glad to see I am not the only one who saw this like an Arceus "part"!

Okay so I see Absol, Arceus, Gyarados, Zygard, (plusle?? on the mask), Skarmory (the claws), what else?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    I really like the design, and I'm definitely intrigued by it's backstory. I want one on my team at some point, but like most, I'm not a fan of the name.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    Glad to see I am not the only one who saw this like an Arceus "part"!

Okay so I see Absol, Arceus, Gyarados, Zygard, (plusle?? on the mask), Skarmory (the claws), what else?

Someone mentioned tapu koko's eyes?

Years
    I do hope this is a Pokemon that can change types or in some other way use types to its advantage. After all, why give it a name like that if it doesn't have some kind of type ability or move or item or something.

Like, do you evolve it into something of a specific type like Eevee? Does it mega evolve into something with a type-canceling ability? Can it change types depending on what z-crystal it's holding like the plates with Arceus?

Sirfetch’d

Can it change types depending on what z-crystal it's holding like the plates with Arceus?

This is what I immediately thought when I saw it. I would think this Pokemon has to have some sort of gimmick or special traits to it due to how different it is. Maybe we'll have some clarification in corocoro!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You know, it's interesting that its got a ring that resembles Arceus'. In the anime the Red Chain also resembled Arceus' ring, and was as in the games meant to harness and control Dialga and Palkia.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    In my last post I mentioned that maybe Type-Null was related to the Aether Foundation.

However, after watching the latest Japanese trailer, it shows Gladian (a boss in Team Skull) using Type-Null as his Pokemon. So now I am guessing that it might be important to Team Skull in some way.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I like its concept for all the reasons stated above. Also, its design looks cool! It's just a banch of Pokémon together in one form! It's type isn't too Pokémon-ish, but hey.... It's not a normal Pokémon... So yeah! Pretty cool Pokémon, but even if there's a way to obtain it, I'm not adding it to the team!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS.

I feel like the concept of this being an artificial Chimera could tie in further with the Alchemy theme that's been going on in Sun and Moon so far. Couple it with the fact that it was made to rival Mythical pokemon (essentially gods?).

Another thing I'm wondering is if the different parts of Pokemon we can see making up Type: Null are from actual existing Pokemon, or not. o:

Chimera? Alchemy? I know what I'm naming mine!

Spoiler:

But yea, I really like it. Great concept, and I love the name. It's something different and it sounds like the kind of thing scientists would name an artificial creature. The concept sorta reminds me of Genesect: artificial Pokémon created in a lab that's designed to be adaptable. So it'd be neat if it got something similar to Drives that could change its type or the type of its signature move.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
    When I first saw the name I assumed it was what happened when you transfer missingno from rgby.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Am I the only person that actually isn't bothered by the name? Why is the name a big deal? oO

*raising my hand* I don'T mind the name at all! This generation have some different names. Tapu Koko, Jangmo-o...

But yea, I really like it. Great concept, and I love the name. It's something different and it sounds like the kind of thing scientists would name an artificial creature.

That's exactly what I think too. The difference between this Pokemon and the others with "real" or "better" names: Type:Null look like a failed experimentation thus they didn't bothered with the name.

In my last post I mentioned that maybe Type-Null was related to the Aether Foundation.

However, after watching the latest Japanese trailer, it shows Gladian (a boss in Team Skull) using Type-Null as his Pokemon. So now I am guessing that it might be important to Team Skull in some way.

I figure Team Skull might do experimentations on Pokemon. Aether Foundation might help some Pokemon that got used by Team Skull for said experimentations.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    How awesome would it be if all the parts of the body were unreleased alolan pokemon. Id like to be playing the game and seeing the pokemon type null is composed of.

*calling it right now if there is an alolan arcanine that tail would work perfect for it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019

No doubt you've seen the speculation that gladion, lillie and lusamine are related by now. I was thinking gladion was part of aether but then ran off with type: null and joined team skull. Aether seems more likely to have the scientific wherewithal to create it. Also type: null's description says it was created to defeat pokemon which were threats which is a pretty noble cause.

It's not a normal Pokémon...
    XD the irony

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The concept of the chimera is played beautifully in Type: Null. It has a body shape we're familiar with (quadrupedal), but it has other animals fused to it.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    I'll bet 500 pokedollars it was made by the Aether foundation, or caused by Aether in some way. Even if they want to do good, they have over stepped and are now doing good.

*raising my hand* I don'T mind the name at all! This generation have some different names. Tapu Koko, Jangmo-o...

That's exactly what I think too. The difference between this Pokemon and the others with "real" or "better" names: Type:Null look like a failed experimentation thus they didn't bothered with the name.

I figure Team Skull might do experimentations on Pokemon. Aether Foundation might help some Pokemon that got used by Team Skull for said experimentations.

Skull seems entirely incapable of doing anything like that. They are a bunch of street punks who cause trouble. Aether is a highly technically advanced group who all wear lab coats and pure white. I haven't seen anyone but villains with god complexes where this much white (this includes villains who think they are heroes because they are bringing a truer better future or something like that.)

The only exception is morgan freeman. he can wear all white and then he actually is god.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Type Null look like an artificial pokemon made specifically for One mission.
    And Gladian already has One as his main pokemon.
    So , How does Player suppose to catch A Type: Null if its already owned by a trainer ? Unless , There were multiple Type:Null.

Another question ,
    How does Type:Null eat ? It has a mask covering his entire mouth .

Back