• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

U.S. Presidential Election 08

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
  • Well, it's official: Hilary has lost. (Wow! I totally didn't see that coming!) *rolls eyes*

I'm wondering what's going to happen now. With all the mudslinging that's been going on, I doubt that Clinton and Obama will end up running together in a "dream-ticket." One thing that I'm pretty sure of is that McCain is going to have a much tougher time. Obama just doesn't gather hatred in the same way that Clinton does.

Any other thoughts on the matter?

Years
  • WHAT???

AHH HELL NAW

No no no no no no no no no

Not Barrack Obama

I think I'm gonna cry. Please call me a little girl because this country is going to be destroyed and I can't do a thing about it.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • WHAT???

AHH HELL NAW

Not Barrack Obama

I think I'm gonna cry. Please call me a little girl because this country is going to be destroyed and I can't do a thing about it.
    Chill, Obama is not president yet. Anyway, America has never been "destroyed" because of a president. (Although some could argue that Lincoln ordered the annihilation of about half of it...) At any rate, it's way too early to be jumping to conclusions. Frankly, I would much rather have Obama be president than Hilary, I think he has far greater integrity.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • WHAT???

AHH HELL NAW

Not Barrack Obama

Little girl. :P

Obama will do just fine as president, if elected.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    the election is worthless now. micain is just like bush with his oil, obama is muslum, and clinton will put people out of jobs. i will never vote for any of those turps.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm happy to see that Obama is the chosen candidate now. I hope that Hillary will stop torpedoing their campaing from the inside, and maybe we'll see the first black president of the US.
    At least, he will be somewhat different. I don't know if he will bring up the change the US need, but at least he'll do something different than McCain, aka "Bush second part".

the election is worthless now. micain is just like bush with his oil, obama is muslum, and clinton will put people out of jobs. i will never vote for any of those turps.

Obama is muslim? Weird, I though he always said he was Christian, and he describes his parents, raised as muslims, as "atheistic".

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I don't think so. I couldn't care less about the first black president. Hell, if things screw up, it'll hurt the rest of our chances at a black president.

Regardless, I've never heard of him before. Neither side expressed their veiws well enough, and he hasn't shown me what I can get for using my first vote on him. I have seen Hillary's track record, however. She has made a name for herself. Outside of Bill Clinton, mind you. I don't want to vote for Barrack just because Hillary's out. Not that I don't think he'd make a good president, but I never heard of him. I'll only insult him, me, & my entire race of I vote for him soley because he's black.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Good job Gratoh! You ate enough delegates to get Clinton out. Have a cookie.

And now my turn. Think about it People. Would you rather have a Bush clone that has the Highest chances of starting uo WWIII. Or would you rather have a responsible African with faith in education and war ending take over. I'd choose him, Obama. Unless your racist, humanitarian,Canibal, or Hitler, you'd risk McAine. If McAine wins, even the little towns in the deep desert away from Majority and ignored from Public would have to learn a Nuclear Drill. Then again. Felipe beat Obrador by a hair in the Mexican Election, so miracles can happen. I wish luck to the McAine supporters trying to dodge Gratoh's chomps.

Got Hope? Obama FTW.

sims796

Years
  • Good job Gratoh! You ate enough delegates to get Clinton out. Have a cookie.

And now my turn. Think about it People. Would you rather have a Bush clone that has the Highest chances of starting uo WWIII. Or would you rather have a responsible African with faith in education and war ending take over. I'd choose him, Obama. Unless your racist, humanitarian,Canibal, or Hitler, you'd risk McAine. If McAine wins, even the little towns in the deep desert away from Majority and ignored from Public would have to learn a Nuclear Drill. Then again. Felipe beat Obrador by a hair in the Mexican Election, so miracles can happen. I wish luck to the McAine supporters trying to dodge Gratoh's chomps.

Got Hope? Obama FTW.

That is a pretty insulting view. Why must they be all that not to vote for Obama? Franky, as an African, I'm, insulting by people voting him in (or out) just because of his race. I'm glad he hardly ever tried using that to his advantage. The odd "first black president" here & there, but nothing shoved down our throats. I'm not saying I'm voting for Mclain, I feel he's a mini Bush as well, but to call people racist for voting him over Obama is insulting to Obama. Unless, of course, that IS the reason, in which case, you're right.

As I said, I don't have a real clue about his views as it is. I have never heard of him before,and he'll need more than being black to get my vote. I've seen what Hillary has done, so she had my vote. But I might not vote at all now. I don't want a runner up president.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I prefer Clinton to Obama. Even though Clinton lost, I'll probably support Obama anyway just because I don't like McCain's platform. It's just Bush version 2.0

I hope the 'dream ticket' does happen though.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Good job Gratoh! You ate enough delegates to get Clinton out. Have a cookie.

Got Hope? Obama FTW.

Well, let me start by saying I take offense to that. All of it.
    Obama's from Chicago, not Africa. My goodness, just because his father is Kenyan doesn't make him a total African as well.
    McCain is becoming a Bush clone, but he would not start WWIII. Just because Bush has lost most of his support doesn't mean he has the right (in his final months as President) to
    attack every major country in the world. He still needs Congress' approval to do that. McCain will have the same restriction.
    Just because you don't like Obama doesn't make you a racist. In fact, voting for him because of his race is racist. Feel free to vote for whomever you want, but it should be based on their views, not race, gender, or health.
    It does not matter who is voted in as the next president, there will always be hostility towards the United States. If we can prevent radicals and terrorist groups from obtaining WMDs, then we're safe. No "Nuclear Drill." To call McCain a warmonger is to overly exaggerate. Not all Republicans want to start WWIII. Not all Republicans are going to destroy the world.

Get a grip, man. If you don't support McCain, don't vote for him. But please don't say mean and untruthful things about him.

That said, I support Obama :P

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Since I support the far right, McCain

Years
  • Obama is muslim? Weird, I though he always said he was Christian, and he describes his parents, raised as muslims, as "atheistic".
    You are correct, he is a Christian. I guess that gizmo1 got a chain e-mail that stated that Obama was a Muslim. Also to the AdvancedK9 believes that anyone that votes against Obama is a racist. I am against Obama because:

1. He is against the War in Iraq
    2. His lack of experience
    Also Senator McCain has challenged Senator Obama to a series of town hall style debates.

sims796

Years
  • Sorry, I'm somewhat against the war as well, but lets leave that be for now.

I am against BOTH of them for the time. The second one you pointed out is my main reason I am against Obama, his lack of experience. As for Mcain, well, I don't want another Republican in office, they've been in power too long, and I don't like the direction.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • As for Mcain, well, I don't want another Republican in office, they've been in power too long, and I don't like the direction.
    One thing I've never understood is why the United States needs a two-party system. In just about every other country, you can't count the number of political parties on two hands, and yet America has two. Having only two parties really reduces the number of moderate viewpoints, and it discourages cooperation. In a system with more parties, the parties need to compromise and work together in order to find a solution because none of them ever hold the majority.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I believe there are more than two political parties in the United States...theres just only two MAJOR parties xD
    I think if we had too many parties it would just cause more conflic, or moreover there would be more conflicting ideas D8

sims796

Years
  • We have many parties here. Liberals, Independant, Working Families (WTF?), etc. Just the Democrats & Republicans are often the most running.

While I'm on this, the Congress are often the opposite party of the president, in order to gain more conflict. We want that. It keeps their powers in check. If there were all Republicans, we'd all be at war, & eventually dead. If it was all Democrats, we'd be protesting all day, & eventually, they'll kill us. We need these balance of powers. Although with Bush here, that balance was ruined somewhat, him going against Congress wishes.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I'm kinda fine with anyone winning the presidency as of now. I'm hoping for Obama but if Mccain wins it's no biggy. I just want Bush out of there. He is the worst thing that ever happened to us. He is the ONLY president who has an entire t.v. show dedicated to mocking him T_T
    Bush ruined more than just the system of checks and balances >.>

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    On the topic of "the war in Iraq", it's been over since December 2003, that's only five years ago. America was in Germany for 10 years after the official end of WWII. It could be a lot worse, and it will get worse if we pull out now. The post war clean up is keeping Iraq stable, something it can do on it's own yet. With Obama's policies, we would leave Iraq much too soon, and the entire country would fall into another military dictatorship followed by genocide. We need to pull out, that I agree on. But it needs to be a slow and well thought out process.

And I don't know where everybody gets the idea that McCain is pro-war. He is actually in favor of reducing the country's nuclear arsenal.

But that's not why I wanted to post here.
    Obama has obviously won the primary, even if Clinton refuses to accept that she has lost. But Clinton has made it very clear that she is open to running with Obama as VP. That being said, what do you think of the two running together? Do you thing Obama would even consider it with all the blood that been shed on the way to the nomination?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I'm kinda fine with anyone winning the presidency as of now. I'm hoping for Obama but if Mccain wins it's no biggy. I just want Bush out of there. He is the worst thing that ever happened to us. He is the ONLY president who has an entire t.v. show dedicated to mocking him T_T
    Bush ruined more than just the system of checks and balances >.>
    Every single president in American history has been called "the worst thing that ever happened to us" at some point. We won't be able to tell how Bush will be looked upon historically until the conflict in the middle east ends. If you had told someone in 1862 that Abraham Lincoln would become the most popular president there ever was, they would have just laughed in your face. No one would have guessed that someone who ordered a ruthless attack on what had once been a part of his own country would become so beloved in the future. Winners write the history books, and they will inevitably decide whether Bush is "the worst thing that ever happened to us" or not.

Obama has obviously won the primary, even if Clinton refuses to accept that she has lost. But Clinton has made it very clear that she is open to running with Obama as VP. That being said, what do you think of the two running together? Do you thing Obama would even consider it with all the blood that been shed on the way to the nomination?
    If Obama were to accept Clinton as a running mate, two things would probably happen. One: Clinton's supporters would flock to Obama. Two: Everyone else would flock to McCain. Let's face it, Clinton isn't the most popular politician around. I think that having her running for VP would be like a double-edged sword for Obama.

Last edited:
    Back