• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I'm also waiting on at least 3 or so episode before I can fully say anything of Lost Village - big cast reminds me of AssClass (are people gonna die or nah?)

Just about to watch Ace Attorney blind so will see how that goes.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Considering there isn't a thred for it, is this the right place to talk about Dragonball Super? Cause Vegeta is cashing in those Ls and making bank with Champa's team. Hot damn, that Cabba Fight.
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Considering there isn't a thred for it, is this the right place to talk about Dragonball Super? Cause Vegeta is cashing in those Ls and making bank with Champa's team. Hot damn, that Cabba Fight.
    Spoiler:
    ESM, you don't know how difficult it's been not to be able to talk about both my hype for this episode or also my love for it after watching it.
    Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Well, the way I see it
    Spoiler:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Hello I am new here.
    I like anime.
    Please make me NAKAMA.

Years
  • She and her production company are denying it but it very much looks as if Emi Nitta [voice actress for Honoka in Love Live and Tokoha from Cardfight!! Vanguard] did JAV before she got into voice acting. RIP her career. RIP innocent Love Live bluray disks.

Years
  • She and her production company are denying it but it very much looks as if Emi Nitta [voice actress for Honoka in Love Live and Tokoha from Cardfight!! Vanguard] did JAV before she got into voice acting. RIP her career. RIP innocent Love Live bluray disks.

It's always bugged the hell out of me that fans in Japan get that way. Not like they legitimately have a shot with any of these idols anyway, and the sooner they realize that the sooner they'll actually try for someone in their league.

Hello I am new here.
    I like anime.
    Please make me NAKAMA.

As long as you don't shitpost too hard and don't start any flamewars you're already halfway to nakama in my book. The last half is a lot harder than the first half, tho.

dropping this here

This is very true.

Years
  • Reactions to some of these 'scandals' are amazing though, in Japan and over here too when they get picked up by certain papers. The reactions to Becky's affair with that married bloke in a band were fun. WHAT'S HIS PUNISHMENT SHE DINDU NAFFIN. Well mr Guardian commenter, when your entire tv persona is about being an inoffensive, wholesome, girl next door archetype then you probably shouldn't go and have affairs. When you're in a rock band being a bit of a sleaze isn't going to harm sales, so no he shouldn't be dropped.

I don't want to see these poor girls on camera crying as they save their heads in apology but they sign the contracts. Surely it can't be too hard to not get caught. As for the obsessive fans, well, without them a lot of these 'idols' wouldn't get their 15 minutes. It's give and take, they know they're probably up to things behind the scenes but they don't want to see it. Fair enough imo.

Of all of these I'm torn between liking Aya Hirano's or Nagi from Kannagi's best. Hirano's because it was the bassist from the band that wouldn't fuck her [who'd have thunk it] and the Kannagi one because of the mangaka's instant hit back. Although I think she back-pedalled in the end. Still, dark skinned/gyaru Nagi picking up middle aged salary man is still the best thing about that series.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Basically quality anime is kinda hard to get now in every new season.

I mean, most of the ones I've watched just for fun are pretty much forgettable and if someone brings it up I'd probably go like "oh yeah, I watched that... what was it about?".

It's hard to find memorable anime nowadays. :T

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Basically quality anime is kinda hard to get now in every new season.

I mean, most of the ones I've watched just for fun are pretty much forgettable and if someone brings it up I'd probably go like "oh yeah, I watched that... what was it about?".

It's hard to find memorable anime nowadays. :T
    I don't know, there are gems each season in my opinion. Speaking from personal experience of over 2 years of following ongoing anime. There's at least 2-3 anime each season that I just won't forget for a good long while. Last season had Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (friggin 10/10, amazing story and character development. DEEN's best work I've seen. not forgetting about this for years lol), KonoSubarashi Sekai (another amazing DEEN work. Great comedy) and Grimgar of the Fantasy and Ash (fantasy anime with realistic setting, good stuff). And previous year had a lot of standouts, too. This season we have stuff like Jojo's Part 4 (episode 1 was CUH-RAZY <3), Boku no Hero Academia, Kumamiko (funny at least the first ep. And it is pretty unique, too), Sakamoto Desu ga? and Joker Game (first episode was pretty distinct. MUCH, much different from your average animu).

I don't know. I just feel like good (and memorable) anime are there almost each season. If only you pick them up, that is. XD;

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I was more referring to how anime is if they're not the hidden gems of the season, then they're meh at best. I did say quality anime is hard to find, especially when you got a season of like 50+ animu going on and only say 5-10% are the only ones worth watching while the others are just... meh, at best you give it a 6 or 7.

It's especially saddening when you go look for anime, get sypnosis of shows and be like "I like this premise" and all you get is a ton of wasted potential created only for cashgrabs. It also saddens me that sometimes, good stuff ended up getting terrible adaptations just so they can grab quick cash.

(In case you haven't noticed, I'm still mad about Denpa Kyoushi. All those character developments in the manga went down the drain alright)

Basically, Sturgeon's Law, where 90% of everything is crap and only 10% is actually worth looking at.

Years
  • Yeah it's always a disappointment when adaptations cut a lot of content to pander.

Also picked up that netoge anime, LOL a guild full of girls and 1 guy. Totally unrealistic. :P

Though it's fun to watch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back