• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon?

Which version will you pick?

• Total voters

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • I'm getting both. I do earn my own money so I can afford to do this now. I'll be setting one for my main gameplay, and the other for my monotype journey.

But I'm buying Ultra-Moon first.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'll be getting Ultra Moon, as I have Sun. My little brother will be getting Ultra Sun as he already has Moon. I did the same with Black and White and Black 2 and White 2. I got Black, while my little brother got White and when Black 2 and White 2 came out, he got Black 2 while I got White 2.

pkmin3033

I'll get Ultra Moon for myself, since I actually managed to finish Moon somehow, although I will buy Ultra Sun for my mother too. Pokemon Bank means the trading issue is out the window (FINALLY!) but I expect she'll want to play it, and it's always me who buys these things.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm getting both, but I'll probably play Ultra Sun first since I played Moon first. Unless they're sequels, then I guess I'll play Ultra Moon first.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just asked bf. He'll go with Ultra Sun and I'll go with Ultra Moon as we started opposite in Sun and Moon :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • As of now, just Pokémon Ultra Sun is my choice (specifically because of Solgaleo being awesome(-r than Lunala), and the sun being fiery), provided that it is a game that sufficiently enhances Pokémon Sun in the vein that third versions usually do to their paired counterparts.. I originally wanted Pokémon Sun, but don't have it yet, so now I'm holding off for just Ultra Sun if it is outright superior. Otherwise, if there's a reason to get both Pokémon Sun/Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon (similar to how you get an expanded storyline and a double dose of music if you get both Pokémon Black 1 and Pokémon Black 2), then I'll get Sun at some point and Ultra Moon later (to try the alternate story and experience the "opposite version" - unless Ultra Moon's "story" somehow more resembles Sun's story.. -.-).

I would get Pokémon Sun alongside Pokémon Ultra Sun only if you have to get the matching version for story purposes (like how if you got Pokémon Black 1, you would specifically have to get Pokémon Black 2 if you want to collect all of the Tao Dragon Pokémon in one game - namely, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem).

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • This time since Ive played Sun I might get Ultra Moon, especially if all the exclusives are the same from the first Moon. It'd be nice to catch a Pheromosa and Celesteela of my choice (and Lunala).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'll probably go for Ultra Sun this time! I've already played Moon so I'm keen to try Ultra Sun. I might change my mind though, depending on version exclusives.

Years
  • i'll go with Ultra Sun, or whichever version as long as i can catch Solgaleo. Ultra Solgaleo reminds me of Liger Zero which i love so much, so.. i'll choose Solgaleo first.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    If they're not sequels and alternate scenarios to the original story, I will get Ultra Sun. I chose Moon because it was my initial choice back when the titles got revealed, but I ended up liking Sun more because of version exclusives. I also like Prism Solgaleo more.

Years
  • i'll go with Ultra Sun, or whichever version as long as i can catch Solgaleo. Ultra Solgaleo reminds me of Liger Zero which i love so much, so.. i'll choose Solgaleo first.

If the logos are an indication, I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to get Solgaleo in Ultra Sun. I know B2/W2 flipped the version exclusivity of Reshiram and Zekrom, but here I think it's not happening.

Years
  • I hopefully plan to get the games close to release day, like I did last year when I purchased Moon at EB Games a day after the release.

Years
  • I chose Sun the first time, so I think I'll choose Ultra Moon. This is based on the different versions exclusives and Lunala still only being available in Ultra Moon as they were in Moon. Also, I'd love to play during the night all the time like what Moon did.

Sparkin

That's also why I'll choose Ultra Sun. I'll have to check out those version exclusive Pokemon too.

Years
  • I chose Sun the first time, so I think I'll choose Ultra Moon. This is based on the different versions exclusives and Lunala still only being available in Ultra Moon as they were in Moon. Also, I'd love to play during the night all the time like what Moon did.

I'm fairly certain they'll keep the same version exclusives from S/M (such as Solgaleo/Lunala, Passimian/Oranguru and Turtonator/Drampa) but there will probably be some additional version exclusives coming from the likely addition of more older generation Pokemon in the Alola Dex.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I've been saying this in every "which version will you get thread": I'm getting both on day one. Pokémon is a series in which I get the most play time out of the games I buy (and, frankly, nowadays, it's the only game series I ever play) , so I see no reason not to buy both versions.

Back