• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unapproachable?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Do you think you come across as approachable or unapproachable? Does it depend on how you feel that day or week or month? Why do you think that? What do others say or do to make you feel either way?

Are there people that claim to be approachable, but you feel aren't? Or the other way around? What do they do that makes them seem that way? Specific examples not required haha. I just want to know how people perceive themselves and others.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I prefer to be approached nowadays but sadly that doesn't happen very often leading me to believe that I'm unapproachable myself, my best guess is that others are uninterested in said interaction for the most part unfortunately.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think I'm very approachable, but I would like to be approached XD

This.

I like being approached but I've been told I have a very negative face when I have no emotion, and even at my most outgoing I'm more quiet than everyone else around me so people think I don't like them. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm quiet and I don't talk very much to people I just meet unless we kick off it very well so I guess I'm kind of both? People usually don't approach me very often when I'm just sitting there silently. I guess I just give off the impression that I'm busy and I don't want to be bothered.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    ~And don't you for a second get to thinkin' you're unapproachable~
    I hate that song but just popped into my head randomly when I saw the thread title haha.

Anyway I'd like to think I'm quite approachable. I hope people feel like they can approach me because I certainly wouldn't want people to find me scary or anything lol. But I guess this is one of those questions that others can answer about you better than you can answer about yourself :P

Years
    I can be very much both, but more the former most of the time. I am normally happy to chat to people, but if I am not in the mood, I can be rather abrupt and sharp to tell someone to back off.​

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think I'm approachable...much, because I tend to be shy when I'm around new people. Sometimes I work up enough confidence to let other people approach me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If anyone irl thinks I'm unapproachable, they'd have to be blind lol. Small cute people that make jokes about everything are definitely not intimidating. :P I prefer to be approached anyway because I have a really hard time talking to people, but it's a bit easier for me when I'm spoken to first. As for online, I think at times I might come off unapproachable, but it's the same as irl really. Although sometimes, I don't feel like talking. But usually when that happens I turn off my VMs anyway so it's obvious I don't wanna talk. Every time other than that though, I don't bite. :3

Years
    I have defensive body language. It says: "I'm only here physically. Emotionally I'm miles away." It's not always how I feel, but I can't always makes myself visibly approachable because that would be way too tiring. I'm just naturally comfortable in a way that makes me seem like I'm not interested in the people around me. I try to offset this by talking, listening, and doing what I can to engage in what others are doing, but the results are a mixed bag.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I think I might be a bit unapproachable on accident. Like, when people talk to me offline, sometimes I catch myself acting aloof and like I'm not paying attention to the other person, but in reality I am trying to conjure up an appropriate response and I am failing miserably at it, which in turn comes across as me ignoring them. :\ When I manage to think of something good to say quickly, then I seem more approachable in general. Alas, quick thinking isn't my strong suit. >__<

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Somehow unapproachable. I usually put on a rather dull face, so people wouldn't enjoy the company of an uninteresting person. I'd like to change that, though.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I don't think I'm unapproachable per say, but I think I give off the impression that I am rather *****y. Is that word censored? I don't know. But y'all get what I'm saying, right? I wohyld never describe myself as intimidating, because I am far from that, but I guess I have an attitude of thinking everyone is below me, when I'm really not like that. Sure, I make no secret of judging other people, but I don't actually think I'm better than them. I don't know, I'm just basing this off the fact that no one ever approaches me first, it's always me that has to go talk to people.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I've been told at various points in my life that I'm unapproachable for being too anti-social, or for being too outgoing. I'm thinking there's some kind of perfect middle ground I'm supposed to be in, but then I'd probably get told I'm unapproachable because I'm so neutral.

Then again, I've also had people tell me how wonderfully charming I am. No. Really. So I'm not entirely sure. I'm pretty shy, so I absolutely love when others approach me first. I just hope they aren't put off by something I do. x3

Years
    I try to be approachable, but sometimes it just comes off as me being weird. Often times people catch me in a bad mood so I just blow them off or act all pissy, which doesn't help at all.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I try to be approachable, but a lot of people online find me intimidating and/or unapproachable on PC. Of course, there are some types of people I don't want to find me approachable, but for the most part I'm open to being introduced to new people.

Offline, I'm a bit more approachable, but also more reserved. So while I'm open to people coming up and talking to me, don't expect me to randomly just come up to you and strike up a conversation.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Approachable! I'm an open person, though I can be shy (especially if it's a REALLY cute girl). But I'm definitely approachable. Thankfully, I'm not antisocial. =]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Well, if people can get past my initial appearance (rash due to allergies) they'll find that I can be very approachable and ready to start conversation. They just have to have the initiative to approach me. As for me approaching others, I'm more willing to do it when I'm in a comfortable environment (i.e., at an event or social where I know some of the attendees) than say, just randomly walking somewhere. It puts me more at ease being somewhere where others have my back xD

Back