• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
OT: Lacie 42392
Badges: 7

I turned on White after a very long break and I have 7 badges. I somehow
made it out of Twist Mountain. Current team is still Serperior, Darmanitan, Sigilyph, Carracosta, and Eelektrik. I needed to make my way through Dragonspiral Tower now. Alas, I didn't have Strength, so I had to backtrack somehow to Nimbasa. I taught Fly to a spare Woobat I caught in Twist Mountain because Sigilyph doesn't benefit from learning Fly, but it made the trip faster.

While heading towards Dragonspiral, I ran into a winter form Deerling, which looked adorable. I think I'm gonna end up using it instead of Serperior because it evolved after two levels. :D
585-winter.gif
586-winter.gif

Nickname: Capricorn | Nature: Lax​
I beat up the Plasma grunts in the tower and set my sights on Relic Castle next. I had to visit Nacrene, but then my DS battery went red, so it's a good time to take a break.

the crew
497.png
:: Yasmin the Serperior:: Level 39
565.png
:: Halstein the Carracosta :: Level 42
555.png
:: Nachos the Darmanitan :: Level 41
561.png
:: Arsemio the Sigilyph :: Level 40
603.png
:: Levina the Eelektrik :: Level 46
586-winter.png
:: Capricorn the Sawsbuck :: Level 37

Other journal entries:
June 9th, 2012
June 10th, 2012
June 11th, 2012
October 6, 2013

Years
Starting this a bit late, but oh well.
Spr_BW_Hilda.png

Trainer Name: Milla
Version: Black
Badges: 3

Started playing last week and spent a few days deciding on a starter and resetting for a decent Nature. Initially I went with Oshawott as usual, but I eventually decided to go with Tepig since I'll be needing a decent Fighting type later and I can't get Conkeldurr due to lack of another Gen V game at the moment and everything else is boring. I wanted an Adamant Tepig but I eventually got impatient and settled for Brave when I got that instead.

As per usual when I play through these games, I've been catching just about everything I come across and use whatever has a type advantage or resistance to the current Gym Leader. My teams for the first three Gyms were:

Striaton: Lillipup, Pansage, Tepig
Nacrene: Sawk, Throh, Timburr, Pignite
Castelia: Woobat, Tranquill, Roggenrola, Swadloon, Pignite

Now I'm grinding before going through Route 4 + Desert Resort and eventually moving onto Nimbasa City. Might also take the time to level up a few other Pokemon and evolve them for Dex entries.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
After a multiple months long break, I returned to my little White prototype challenge run, that I had been testrunning. What's important to note about said challenge, is that I sticked to one team only, which was partly consisting of decent mons and partly of stuff that nobody would ever use. When I paused the challenge, I was already at the last Cheren fight with my team of (Klutz) Swoobat, Samurott, Scrafty, Excadrill, Lilligant and Eelektross, all of them being around level 40. Now, the level was so low, because I wanted to awoid leveling as much as possible and even after picking it up again, I still beat the game with minimal grinding (if at all), however, I had to realize, that this game especally didn't hand you out most of the good TMs untill the actual postgame, which for me meant, that I was extremely underpowered and at a hugh disadvantage.

Fortunately, as it was only a prototype challenge, I left a certain amount of freedom for me, in case I ran into trouble. In order, to beat it, I allowed myself to use X items, as they weren't banned in the first place. That way I beat Cheren fairly easily, by using a couple X Speed and I also had to resort to a couple X items during one of the E4. Outside of that, while it was still fairly doable, the point, where I went all out was Ghentsis himself, as the differense in power was so hugh, that I couldn't even touch him at all, while he took out every mon I had, without any issue.

As a final resort, I abused one of Ghetsis' biggest weaknesses: the Cofagrigus who he sends out first, can't touch Excadrill at all. So while he desperately tried to KO my Excadrill with Shadow Ball, I used the situation to pump it full of everything, which allowed me to sweep Ghetsis' whole team.

So, pretty much: it's possible to beat the game with a team of level 45 mons, but you're so underpowered, that you need the extra power that X items provide, especially when using terrible mons that still lack power even on higher levels. Combined with the fact, that most of the good and powerfull TMs are only available postgame, I can certainly agree, that Black and White are one of the hardest games to do such a challenge.

blue

gucci
Years

Pokemon Blaze Black 2
Nate_Xtransceiver.png

Intro
So I decided to start again on Black 2 since it has been such a long time since I last played through any of the Unova games. Not only that but it has been some time since I've played any Pokemon game, so I felt this would be a great way to get back into the swing of things! I'm actually doing this run on Blaze Black 2, an enhanced version of Black 2 with many changes to the gameplay. This time I haven't decided what Pokemon I'm going to use before playing since I'm unaware of what Pokemon are available from each area, instead I'm going to let my team come together as I go.

Part One
This first part will be relivatly short, it's all the same when it comes to starting out. You meet the Professor, receive your starter and complete the first set of instructed errands. After picking up Snivy as my starter and defeating Hugh, I headed out onto Route 19 to be greeted by Bianca who was going to show me how to capture Pokemon. After speaking to Bianca, I started training up my starter Pokemon and managed to capture my next team member, Purrloin!

Moving onto Floccesy Town, I met up with Alder who was willing to offer his assistance, but not before I delivered the Town Map to my rival! Heading out onto Route 20 and other than capturing a couple of new Pokemon and battling some trainers, it was pretty much what you'd expect. Upon reaching Floccesy Ranch, I ran into Hugh who challenged me to a battle, again. It was a pretty straight forward battle considering he only had two Pokemon, and by this point I had trained my team up to a good level. After searching around the Ranch and capturing Mareep as my next team member, I healed up my Pokemon and saved the game.

The Team

Ivy Lv. 10
495.png

Amethyst Lv. 10
509.png

Missy Lv. 9
179.png

Badges

Years
Jasper's Black 2 Dark monotype diary

I have always had a fascination with dark type pokemon. There is something so mysterious and graceful about them. So of course when mum asked if I wanted a Pokemon I jumped at the chance. I head out and meet up with Edward and explain that I was heading off to find the Professor's assistant to get a pokemon. He tagged along and of course I headed to the viewing point which had the best view. I saw her and walked over explaining that I was Jasper after she mistook who I was. I decided to pick Oshawott even though I knew it would only be until I caught my first team member which I knew would be a Purrloin which was on Route 19. I grabbed my pokedex and headed to leave when Edward challenges me to a battle. I nod and took on his Snivy... And won. Anyway, Bianca showed me around the pokemon centre and showed me how to catch a pokemon. I smile as she left. I'm finally becoming what I want to be... The best Dark Type Trainer that I can be. Bring it on! On my first solo encounter I meet a female Purrloin. I get it to below half health and throw a ball. It breaks out and I sigh, I don't want to risk knocking it out so I throw another one and catch it! I already had a name in mind, just to remind me of home, I call her Esme after my mother. I'll train her tomorrow seeing as it is late. As I head to Floccesy Town I am stopped by a guy called Alder... Wait... He was the Champion of Unova two years back. He agrees to train me, I tell him that I was going to rest in the pokemon centre for the night and agreed to train with him tomorrow. I box Oshawott and cuddle with Esme as I fall asleep.

TEAM
Spoiler:

Update 21/01/16
Wow everything has been so hectic recently. I mean I fought Team Plasma multiple times went to pokestar studies and made a film beat both Roxie, Burgh and Elsa! Also Esme evolved and is such an amazingly fast pokemon. I'm currently on my way to Driftviel city to take on Clay. I am in love with my team which is currently Esme, Moonlight the Eevee, BlackGlass the Sandile (who swept Elsa while being underlevled compared to her) and Hoodlum the Scraggy. Not much left to say, I'm just grinding at the moment and hoping to evolve Moonlight and BlackGlass soon. Wait scrap that Moonlight just evolved into a handsome Umbreon.

TEAM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've been slowly working on completing all the movies in PokeStar Studios with a strange ending, and finally did so today, ending with the Full Metal Cop series n_n

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So I found this old save file that I haven't touched since August 2014, and I decided to maybe finish it at some point. Hopefully it won't take another year and a half until I actually get to the end.

Ouranie is a young girl who is passionate about the stars. She has her heart set on climbing the Victory Road and reach the highest spot in Unova for the ultimate stargazing experience! But in order to this, she must collect all eight badges and challenge the Unova League!
503.png
545.png
547.png
586.png
583.png
Pokémon Version Noire​
HildaChallenge.png
Trainer Ouranie 7/8 badges @ Icirrus City​
Mistralton City
Thanks to the elevated walkways on Route 7, we were able to avoid the tall grass and get back to Mistralton City in no time. The team is ready for some Gym action, especially newly-evolved Dioscures the Vanillish; it's hard to think that just yesterday he was no bigger than a cone of Castelia soft-serve, and now he's going to be the MVP of this Gym challenge!
ban_skyla.png
vs Carolina A Flying-type master, Carolina quickly takes the battle up into the air; but while her strategy keeps her Pokemon out of reach from claws and fangs, her Swoobat and Unfezant prove to be mere training targets for Dioscures' well-aimed Ice Beam. However, her last resort, Swanna, by far more resistant to our icy attacks, is proudly leading the battle from inside a healing Aqua Ring. With a strong beat of the wing, she sends a critical Air Slash that nearly topples Dioscures. One last Ice Beam is all we need... and we get it! The freezing beam penetrates through the protective water membrane, knocking Swanna out of the air and into a spiral dive. We've earned the Jet Badge! Outside the Gym, we find N, still convinced that it is his duty to liberate Pokemon from the clutches of abusive Trainers. And while he's aware that there are Trainers out there who care about their Pokemon (like you, Ouranie, he says), he is determined to go through with his plan, which, turns out, involves an artifact of great power, said to resurrect one of the legendary Dragons. N, what are getting yourself into?
Twist Mountain
Over the walkways we go, and we've reached Twist Mountain! The caverns are filled with Hikers in search of adventure, and Workers, who, aided by their Boldore, are excavating through the thick walls. With their help, both Ganymède and Chiron reach their final evolutionary stages, as a Samurott and Sawsbuck. And after many twists and turns -- this is Twist Mountain after all --, by nightfall we finally make it to the other side, in Icirrus City!
Icirrus City
Though summer, there still seems to be a faint chill in the air; the city is after all, at a higher altitude. Going out of the The Pokemon Center early in the morning, we're greeted with a spectacular view of the wetlands, large patches of water frozen in winter, now home to a bunch of water-loving Palpitoad. Out of the blue, we encounter Prof. Keteleeria Sr., ever in search of adventure -- they say he used to be a Backpacker in his youth! He is on his way to Dragonspiral Tower, the oldest building in Unova, cradle of legends and source of the dual Dragons' myth. I remember N and his plans; I wonder if he'll be there as well? I make a mental note to visit the Tower, but not before we challenge the Gym!
ban_brycen.png
vs Zhu Ganymède the Samurott is the first to face Zhu's team. His opponent is Vanillish, employing a defensive strategy, but whose Acid Armor proves to be inefficient against Ganymède's strong Surf attack. Zhu proves to be less intimidating than I expected, so I decide to counter Ice with Ice, by sending in Dioscures against Beartic. But Dioscures falls to Beartic's Swagger; he becomes enraged and, in his confusion, his Mirror Shots miss and he ends up hurting himself. A strong Slash from Beartic provides a sure KO. What to do now? I send in Chiron; while at a type-disadvantage as a Sawsbuck, I'm betting on his Speed to keep him alive. Sure enough, Chiron springs into the air right away and delivers a Jump Kick right into Beartic's freezing beard. Out of nowhere, he evades the incoming Icicle Crash and another strong Jump Kick takes Beartic out of the fight. Zhu sends in his last Pokemon, Cryogonal, who immediately launches an Aurora Beam. Though evidently affected, Chiron shakes the powdered snow out of the green foliage adorning his antlers, and gets physical with a final Jump Kick, which nearly shatters his opponent. With such an evident display of force, the Freeze Badge is ours! I find Tcheren and Bianca just outside the Gym, both facing an existential dilemma or two. As we're talking about what to do next, Zhu bolts out of the Gym. It seems there's trouble at Dragonspiral Tower! N, what have you done? We all hurry north; by the time I reach the Tower, Zhu and Tcheren are nowhere to be seen; but there's Prof. Keteleeria Sr.! As he was looking around, he says, Team Plasma showed up, shattered the Tower's outer wall and have gone inside. Zhu and "the young lad" have gone after them. Even the Professor seems worried; Bianca offers to act as his bodyguard, while I go up to investigate.
Dragonspiral Tower
A pool of clear water and green marble flooring; the Tower must have been gorgeous back in the day. As I go up the stairs, there's a rumble and loud crashing sounds. Earthquake? I press forward, trying to find my way through the fallen columns. This is too dangerous, what's going on? Ouranie! It's Tcheren, up above on a suspended platform. With Zhu at his side, they're confronting a large group of Plasma grunts. It's a full on war! Zhu's Beartic is summoning an Icicle Crash atop a group of Plasma Liepard, Tcheren's own Liepard is cornering a pair of crazed Watchog. I'm making my way through the crowd, with Chiron alone acting as an entire stampede, pushing everyone aside with his strong, thorny antlers. As I get closer to the top floor, I can hear the rampage above. Am I too late? There's N, enraptured by the fearsome creature in front of him: shining red eyes, massive pitch black body, a flashing blue surge of electricity crackling in the mist. It's Zekrom, the legendary Dragon! N's plans are unfolding, he is becoming Zekrom's hero and he'll be taking on the Pokemon League. Will I be the one to stand between him and his ideal world, he asks. The only way to do so is to awaken Zekrom's counterpart, the white Dragon, and I am the only one destined for it, he says. More than anything, he seems to be looking forward to it, almost as if he is trying to find the truth that will put his ideals to the test. And while he is flying away atop his Dragon partner's back, and the mist is clearing away, and the others are quickly climbing up the stairs, I look up at the clear night sky, and wonder: when did it all get so complicated?

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
Years
Well today im training up my pokemon up to level 35 or so to get ready for Skyla in the Misralton City gym. Here's my team up to this point:

Dewott: Level 34
Water Type
Torrent

Aqua Jet
Revenge
Scald
Razor Shell

Krokorok: Level 33
Ground/Dark Type
Moxie

Dig
Swagger
Crunch
Assurance

Palpitoad: Level 30
Water/Ground Type
Hydration

Scald
Aqua Ring
Muddy Water
BubbleBeam

Musharna: Level 29
Psychic Type
Forewarn

Psywave
Moonlight
Psybeam
Hypnosis

Tynamo (Level 30)
Electric Type
Levitate

Tackle
Thunder Wave
Spark
Charge Beam

Ferroseed - (Level 25): New Member
Grass/Steel Type
Iron Barbs

Curse
Pin Missile
Metal Claw
Gyro Ball

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Eh, why not.

So I decided to replay through White to refresh my knowledge of the game's plot. I didn't want to do a Nuzlocke run, since I'm keeping that for Black. Instead, I figured why not do a Normal monotype run and use Pokemon that I like but have never trained before.

Already I've played past the first two gyms, which weren't that difficult to get through. Lillipup/Herdier are amazing Pokemon, and mine is becoming a great asset to the team.

Made it through Pinwheel Forest to chase down Plasma and get back the dragon skull without problem. Now I'm heading around, exploring all of Castelia City.

Team:
Spoiler:

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
I beat Black 2 a while back, which means I can access challenge mode in White 2 now! So I am starting a new file on that setting.

At the moment, I just managed to defeat Hugh's Oshawott with my newly-picked starter, Brandon the Tepig.

Trainer name: Mosie (Trainer ID=21246)

Current Party:

Brandon the Tepig (Adamant male, Lv. 7)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 30, 2020
I've started replaying White and just beat Elesa. My current team is:
Servine, Lv. 31
Scolipede, Lv.30
Tirtouga, Lv. 29
Solosis, Lv. 28

I've also got a Roggenrola and Tympole sitting in the Day Care collecting exp.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I went back to look at my old post, and my team has changed so much. It's kind of cute seeing how far they've come.

So in a month's time, I played through a big part of the game's storyline. I just got my eighth badge, and now we're on the way to Victory Road. A Normal mono run is actually pretty fun, because it's interesting seeing what TMs the Pokemon can use, and trying to figure out how to handle each situation.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 30, 2020
Went on to beat Clay, Skyla, and Brycen. Caught a Beartic and Golett, giving me a full team, and the rest of my team has evolved. Went through Dragonspiral Tower, and now I'm going through all the side areas that surf is needed for before heading to the Relic Castle.

Current Team:
Serperior, Lv. 42
Scolipede, Lv. 42
Carracosta, Lv. 42
Reuniclus, Lv. 42
Beartic, Lv. 42
Golurk, Lv. 43

Years
So in Black version, I finally sashayed into Route 15 and fought some trainers and caught a wild Fearow, Kangaskhan, and Tyranitar in the grass. Next I visited the the Poke Transfer Lab and transferred over Pokemon from Platinum version. I flew to Opelucid City afterwards and dashed east towards Route 11 again and fought a few trainers. I Surfed down a waterfall and caught a wild Bisharp, then I found the Overheat TM when I climbed up another waterfall. Next I ran to Village Bridge and healed my darlings inside one of the homes and then I explored the bridge a little bit. I talked to several NPCs and caught a wild Carvanha and Sharpedo via fishing, then I got a Lum Berry at the outdoor cafe there and then I saved.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2020
Having spent nearly 5 years traveling Unova in Pokemon Black, I, and all my pokemon, are officially packing up and moving to Kalos as of today. After that's done, I'll be replaying the game as a nuzzlocke.

My Final Team
Serpierior: Level 84
Reshiram: Level 100
Kyurem: Level 100
Tornadus: Level 64
Sawk: Level 90
Venosaur: Level 98

I have thoroughly enjoyed Unova, and am getting really emotional thanks to all the feels and emotional attachments to my journey and the events in it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Having spent nearly 5 years traveling Unova in Pokemon Black, I, and all my pokemon, are officially packing up and moving to Kalos as of today. After that's done, I'll be replaying the game as a nuzzlocke.

My Final Team
Serpierior: Level 84
Reshiram: Level 100
Kyurem: Level 100
Tornadus: Level 64
Sawk: Level 90
Venosaur: Level 98

I have thoroughly enjoyed Unova, and am getting really emotional thanks to all the feels and emotional attachments to my journey and the events in it.
That's sad when you think about it. I guess that's why some people move their Pokémon over quicker, don't wanna be attached to it :( although since you've been playing from the start - don't restart if you have any of the promotional C Gear skins (those playing from the start are most likely to have them)! That's pretty much the only reason I'm not restarting mine. Good luck on your journey for both you and your team. Don't forget them over in Kalos. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Decided to start playing Black 2 today, and am doing a Nuzlocke run through it. It's not part of my official challenge, so updates will be posted here.

My starter choice was Tepig. Made it through Routes 19 and 20 without issue, catching a Purrloin and a Pidove. At Floccesy Ranch, a Lillipup joined the team. There, I trained the team up to level 12 to take on Cheren at the first Gym. And lost Marazzoli the Lillipup to Cheren's own Lillipup. Still got my badge though!

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
(I thought it would be a good idea to put all the contents in a SPOILER as the post was getting too large)

So, after a long break from Unova , i have finally decided to play Blaze Black 2.
Why Blaze Black 2?
Black 2, in my experience is too easy. Blaze Black 2 makes it a lot more challenging. Being able to evolve and catch all of the Pokemon is another thing i love about it.

About

Name: Rahul
Badges: 5
Time: 19:18
Pokedex: 317
Current Location: Mistralon City Gym

15 Sep, 2016

Spoiler:

16 Sep, 2016

Spoiler:

17 Sep, 2016
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I just played through Black, and have been playing through Black 2. I've played White and White 2 once each (at launch), but I'd never played Black or Black 2.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back