• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokémon Opinions.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
My least favorite pokémon is Garchomp. And that's coming from someone who has loads of trouble choosing top favorites. Strangely, I love Gabite (I'd put it pretty high on my list of favorites) yet I dislike Gible. :/

Years
Gamewise, I prefer Generation 4 over 1 and 2. I loved the music, aesthetics, cities, new Pokemon more than those of the latter. I also don't like Hoenn's battle musics. It seemed repetitive to me (and they kinda overused the trumpets.) But hey that's my opinion.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I am a huge Unova fan and I was upset when no Gen 5 Pokémon got Megas (Even if Gen 5 wasn't all that long ago).
I'm not interested in, nor do I ever plan on playing, Red or Blue.

Last edited:
Years
I do love Mega Evolutions but what I don't like about them is that they mainly gave Megas to Pokemon that were already good competitively. Blaziken especially didn't need it, it was already broken as hell.

I think the 5th Gen EXP system made it hard to grind compared to other games.

I actually like using the new Exp. Share in X/Y, and I don't think it's overpowered.

I don't like how some of the old Pokemon's cries were messed up badly in X/Y, especially Raichu and Dugtrio. Those would have to be the worst, but there might be some others.

Newer generations produced better-looking starters than the older ones.

Years
One of my main favorites is Pelipper. That's unpopular by itself. :P

But anyway...

I think Gen 1 is too overrated. I pick Pokemon over power, meaning stats aren't what makes me pick a Pokemon. Turtwig is my favorite Gen 4 starter. I'm against hacking to train Pokemon. And I just like the typically unliked Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Aside from Typhlosion and Blaziken I don't think there are any cool fire pokemon since Gen 1.

Years
Speaking of Fire-types, I actually don't mind Emboar and Delphox's designs despite how ugly people claim they are. In fact, Delphox is actually among my fave designed Fire-types ever.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
  • Battle Subway / Battle Frontier / Battle Mansion (XY) were being picky on their ALLOW-LEGENDIES-LIST to participate in the facilities, and to extend that they don't allow CERTAIN LEGEGIES to take part of the tournament. I mean C'MON, if you DON'T LIKE leggies at all, why allow LEGEs, it isn't right and plain wrong. PWT welcomes all legendary pokemon to take part, but above facility strictly put a DISALLOWED list of certain legendaries.
    Me: *Take my Giratina or Darkrai to battle subway
    *Game said above pokemon are not allowed*
    Me: *Take my Coballion or Regirock*
    *The guide permit these pokemon*
    I mean c'mon!!
  • Online/Competitive Online battle experience may vary[b/] depend who you going to fight, things can be fun and maybe annoying at the same time

[*]Legend are cool and all, but I rather fancy on my starter and pokemon caught in the wild than legendaries

Reactions: Nah

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • Battle Subway / Battle Frontier / Battle Mansion (XY) were being picky on their ALLOW-LEGENDIES-LIST to participate in the facilities, and to extend that they don't allow CERTAIN LEGEGIES to take part of the tournament. I mean C'MON, if you DON'T LIKE leggies at all, why allow LEGEs, it isn't right and plain wrong. PWT welcomes all legendary pokemon to take part, but above facility strictly put a DISALLOWED list of certain legendaries.
    Me: *Take my Giratina or Darkrai to battle subway
    *Game said above pokemon are not allowed*
    Me: *Take my Coballion or Regirock*
    *The guide permit these pokemon*
    I mean c'mon!!
  • Online/Competitive Online battle experience may vary[b/] depend who you going to fight, things can be fun and maybe annoying at the same time

[*]Legend are cool and all, but I rather fancy on my starter and pokemon caught in the wild than legendaries

In the competitive community, there's an absolute distinction between legendary and uber. Legendaries like the lesser trios of each generation and certain event-only ones aren't al that overpowered compared to non-legendaries and are permissible to use in tournament play, but ubers are the legendaries that were designed to be overpowered and game-breaking...i.e., anything with a BST of 650 or higher...your Mewtwo, your Rayquaza, your Arceus, etc.

Occasionally, there are a few non-legendaries that become uber on Smogon's lists but aren't banned in official tournaments. Those are the pokémon to watch out for. XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 20, 2021
- The only Legendaries should be Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.
There are 51 legendary pokemon !!! This is too much !!

- Arceus is one of the worst mistakes i have ever seen in an anime/mangá.

- Ash is the best protagonist on any pokemon product. I am hoping to see him grow up.

- I think they should add even more pokemon (ideal number would be 1000).

- I would rather see a 4th evolution than mega evolution.
But if there is megaevolution, they should give it to all pokemon.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
- Ash is the best protagonist on any pokemon product. I am hoping to see him grow up.
Agreed, although he has been kept 10 years old permanently on purpose. Of course it would be amazing for the original Pokemon fans such as myself watch Ash grow throughout the series, but then newer generations couldn't see that. The creators want children to have the same experience with the show for years to come.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
  • Gen 4 and Gen 1 were the worst generations
  • the only good Pokémon from Gen 4 were the cross-gen evolutions, a few legendaries, Piplup/Turtwig line and a few extra Pokémon
  • Infernape is overrated thanks to the fact that it references Journey to the West
  • I really, really wish the main games' difficulty was ramped up to very hard levels. In this day and age, there's probably a 50 - 50 split between the amount of adult fans and younger fans, it's not like nearly every player is a young kid anymore
  • Gen 5 had some really excellent designs
  • I love the hell out of the Vanillish, Litwick and Klink lines
  • TMs should've stayed one-use, just make sure you can buy them later on (maybe post-game) for expensive prices, nowadays it's just too easy to slap a TM onto everything
  • Gen 3's Battle Frontier was far superior to Gen 4's and I can't understand why anyone would like Gen 4's
  • for each game with a box mascot (in no particular order of games): Ho-Oh > Lugia, Venusaur > Charizard, Dialga > Palkia, Reshiram > Zekrom, Xerneas > Yveltal, Kyogre = Groudon
  • the anime is terrible and probably the most overrated aspect of the franchise
  • HMs are a necessary aspect of the games simply to make sure everything isn't those goddamn roadblocks from BW2
  • as good as Gen 5 was, BW's story was still terrible and needed much more reining

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
  • Infernape is overrated thanks to the fact that it references Journey to the West
Overrated means something that a lot of people have a higher opinion of than is deserved.
I'm a fan of Infernape, but other than myself I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Mega Evolutions should be a permanent change, not a thing you do when you want to. We already have "alternate forms" to other Pokémon, like giratina and shaymin, so this is not a new concept, only same concept with different name. A totally new level of evolution, that would be different.

Years
I am probably one of the rare people that doesn't care about natures, IVs or EVs or competitive playing - I tend to play for fun rather than for spending hours making perfect team. I also prefer to use "weaker" pokemon over overused ones or pseudos like garchomp or salamence.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I am probably one of the rare people that doesn't care about natures, IVs or EVs or competitive playing - I tend to play for fun rather than for spending hours making perfect team. I also prefer to use "weaker" pokemon over overused ones or pseudos like garchomp or salamence.
So am I, check out my signature! {:3}

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I personally like the pseudos, but it's also fun to use Pokemon like Raichu, Lapras, Dodrio, Milotic, etc.

I agree about competitive battling, though.

Back